Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by Princess Kenny on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:20 am

I really loved the therapy sessions. I loved Dr.Kaufmann and I loved the mini games. Drawing the house is my favourite. I think it really added to not only the story but to the game playing experience.

I can't be the only one surely.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

Next Fear

Night of Fire!

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by Next Fear on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:29 am

Yeah, it was clever, and well done.

gothlolilunatic

Shadow Doll

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by gothlolilunatic on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:31 am

Oh, I loved it too. I guess I always find it interesting when games do things like this, try and study the player and mess with their head.

I wouldn't mind them doing something similar in a future Silent Hill game (or any horror game really) in order to dictate the kind of character you're playing and the monsters and Otherworld that person sees (I understand it'd be tricky to do, but I think the right team could pull it off fantastically).
http://inkedblue.tumblr.com/ <---- author blog
http://authonomy.com/writing-community/profile/c324c2b8-9b3e-4dd5-b7f6-6a896fb9e810/gothlolilunatic/ <----- Authonomy profile
I can believe 6 impossible things before breakfast

devil hunter

Ghost

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by devil hunter on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:05 am

Yeah, it was great, probably the most complex system for different endings in a SH game so far and not just the endings, loved how different choices changed things in the game as you play.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by Oohfakanorus on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Really well animated. And the session were interesting.
Next time I'm going to try and make the toys stand up as opposed to have them on their side, but in order of responsibility!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Dusty Motes

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by Dusty Motes on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:50 am

I love the therapy sessions too! I remember a few years ago when I first played the game I would look forward to the sessions. Being able to make the game your own is what I think made it unique and it worked out for the better! I wish there were more sessions because they were really fun to learn what my answers changed about the story every time I talked with Dr. Kaufmann

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:52 am

I thought it was a really fun addition, yes.
ImageImage

JSunderlandSH2

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by JSunderlandSH2 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:51 am

I really enjoyed this game the only thing is the whole reimagining of Silent Hill 1 they could've pulled it off using a new character but I loved the therapy sessions and being able to make it your own so overall I really enjoyed the game
I was weak. That's why I needed you... needed someone to punish me for my sins... but that's all over now... I know the truth. Now it's time to end this

teosoleil

Raw Shock

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by teosoleil on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:42 pm

^ They totally could have renamed the characters, but I think part of the shock was expecting the same things from old!Harry and old!Dahlia, for example, then having your brain shattered.

Love the therapy sessions. They were fun, exciting, and added quite a lot of discussion to the game.

Silenthill4life

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:29 pm

Therapy sessions were an amazing addition.

I think it was originally intended to fit in with the cold heart character, who was supposed to have been a regular therapy patient but they adapted it to suit the purposes of SM.

It was fun and probably made the game one of the most interactive additions to the SH franchise.

Salah Talih

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by Salah Talih on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Without the Therapy Sessions, the game is meaningless. Storyline changes depends on what you answer, and that's a Silent Hill thing! I just didn't like the Marathon-running parts, but I liked to leave my companions and explore the town. :pirate:

Silenthill4life

The Therapy Sessions.

Post by Silenthill4life on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Salah Talih wrote:Without the Therapy Sessions, the game is meaningless. Storyline changes depends on what you answer, and that's a Silent Hill thing! I just didn't like the Marathon-running parts, but I liked to leave my companions and explore the town. :pirate:

Me too,
Exploring the town was fun. The town looked amazing!

Return to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories