Pksstr

How Silent Hill: Shattered Memories could have been better

Post by Pksstr on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:56 pm

1.Weapons : Is the chase sequences you could use a weapon when monster attack you
like stab them in the face to leave them hurt and run away.
And weapons could have fitted in The profile , Example :

A broken wine bottle could have appeared if you were heading to the
REVEAL SPOILER
Drunk dad
ending

2.More endings

More endings like "Uncared dad" , "Bad dad" , etc

3.Otherworld variations :

Example: If you are a cold person the otherworld is of ice
If you were heading to the
REVEAL SPOILER
Sleaze and Siresn
the otherworld could have been of fire
fire = Hot (Literaly)

4.Health items :
Example : If you were heading to the
REVEAL SPOILER
Drunk dad
ending beers could have appeared instead of health drinks

You are free to post your opinions

HellFrozenJames

Receiver of Wisdom

Post by HellFrozenJames on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Well, every single game that's ever been created COULD have been better in some way. I mean, yeah, more endings is always good, but they barely had the time to put in the UFO ending as it is.
As for the weapons... They made a choice to do something different, and I think it worked just fine, especially as their first attempt. Every Silent Hill game had weapons in it, in this one, they didn't want it to be about fighting. Plus it kinda wouldn't work in the context of the narrative, if you think about the true circumstances... Fighting wouldn't be right for the storyline of this particular game.

Silent Wanderer

Children of the Korn

Post by Silent Wanderer on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:14 am

I too think that weapons would in no way fit in this game. Not to mention, the "running away" theme is not only for the monsters (in terms of gameplay) but for what the Otherworld represents -
REVEAL SPOILER
it also contains Cheryl's psychological struggle to keep the truth from being revealed and getting to her morphed into Harry (the truth she has to accept) who tries to break through her "monsters" (struggle to suppress the acceptance of the truth and "run away" from it).
I think it's all a state of mind and a trip through phychological struggle.

Anyway, except this no-weapon (partial) analysis, the thing I really wanted to see from the beginning - and which, sadly, wasn't included in the end - was boss fights. I hoped they would find a way in which with no weapons you could in some strategical way defeat them. I think this would be a good addition. Also, I don't think that the game needed more endings. It has many variations through the whole game already every time you play it. I don't know what another ending would offer (since there were no unlockables either - except the UFO ending ...kinda).

I agree with the Otherworld variations. That's another thing I hoped to see. It could also offer a big extension to the profiling thing.
Last edited by Silent Wanderer on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 am.

HellFrozenJames

Receiver of Wisdom

Post by HellFrozenJames on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:00 am

That's a very inciteful statement on what the Otherworld represents, but you might wanna hide it in a spoiler box. :D

DavidBurkey

Post by DavidBurkey on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Well since it was a remake that automatically for most people makes it not as good as the original. Why? Because a remake needs to be the exact same thing except updated. Not a tweaked version of the original thing.

Silent Hill Shattered Memories wasn't a complete hit like the first three games for many reasons.
Id like to point out without combat the game felt sort of boring. Having a gun makes you feel in charge of your surroundings. Silent Hill Shattered Memories was not scary at all. In fact it was a pathetic attempt to make the game scarier by taking away the players Weapons. I found the monsters to just be funny and stupid looking to be completely honest. There is no scary points in Shattered Memories and a Silent Hill game that isn't scary and doesn't make your heart race. Automatically of course takes away another point from the game. They tried to create a new type of Alternate world I noticed. The whole Ice Frozen Dimension thing was also not Scary what so ever. The Alternate Realm you see in the previous games in all SH1,2 and 3 were the scariest.

Although I will admit one thing I really did like about Shattered Memories is the atmosphere they put in the game. It is very good. Anything that isn't inside the Frozen Alternate Dimension seemed very relaxing and comforting. If your looking for a Silent Hill game with a great atmospheric feel. Shattered Memories is probably one of my favorites for that. I personally am the type of guy who likes to pound down a few beers and get a little buzz and just relax and play Shattered Memories because of the Atmosphere of the game. It is very great. Personally I really enjoyed everything in the game outside of the Ice Dimension so basically everything in the normal reality of the game was very nice in my opinion. Like I said the game was not scary at all. So coming back to the normal world wasn't as much relief as it was in the previous Silent Hill games. Like after a shit yourself scary boss fight like in SH1 with the giant lizard at the alternate school basement. You wake up in the normal dimension and go outside to a nice foggy relaxing run all the way to the hospital. You sort of get what I mean by this. To appreciate the moments you have of relief you need to have an opposite moment as well. Otherwise there isn't as much to be so special about it.

HellFrozenJames

Receiver of Wisdom

Post by HellFrozenJames on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:47 pm

But it's not a REMAKE, it's a reimagining. To say it's a remake is like saying that the 2004 version of Dawn of the Dead was the remake of Romero's. But aside from the fact that they both happen in a shopping mall and involve zombies, there's virtually nothing about them that's similar. Point is, it was meant to be a completely different take on the original. And quite frankly, in terms of backstory, plot, narrative and characters, I'd prefer Shattered Memories to the original.
Not having a weapon was a great idea, it just wasn't executed as well as it could have been. I hope in the future, we'll see another, more successful attempt at this.

DavidBurkey

Post by DavidBurkey on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

HellFrozenJames wrote:And quite frankly, in terms of backstory, plot, narrative and characters, I'd prefer Shattered Memories to the original.
Not having a weapon was a great idea, it just wasn't executed as well as it could have been. I hope in the future, we'll see another, more successful attempt at this.

Even though I highly disagree with it being better then the original. We obviously just have different opinions. The characters in Shattered Memories were as not as well thought out as in the original Silent Hill in my opinion. Lisa doesn't seem as charming as she does in the original Silent Hill. Cybil in Shattered Memories acts like a dike and looks like one. Michael Kaufman who's supposed to be one of the bad guys goes to being the therapist. (They should have used a new character) Cheryl's cries don't seem as serious as they used to and seem like a fake act. The monsters are not scary at all and Harry looks completely different. If you look at him in Silent Hill 1 he does not have glasses or sound like a dweeb. "No offense" I am although very happy they were loyal to Heathers figure from Silent Hill 3. They made it look just like her. :D

The Shattered Memories soundtrack was not as good as previous soundtracks in the series. Although there were a bit of pretty good tracks in the soundtrack. After the Origins Soundtrack Akira wasn't losing his touch but he began to not put as much effort into the music. You can just tell by comparing his earliest work to his latest. His soundtracks are not as long and seem a bit rushed. In my opinion Silent Hill Origins was his last really good soundtrack in the Silent Hill series. Everything after that was just okay but didn't amaze me like before. Its not a completely bad thing he quit even though I really enjoyed his work. Silent Hill just needs something new and maybe a different artist will have that special sound we have been looking for. We will have to see in the next installment "Silent Hill 8" working title.

I did not think that taking away weapons was a good idea. In Shattered Memories it may seem a little scary during the beginning but after you get a look at the monsters and what they do to you. It doens't seem all that intimidating to play. When I used to play Silent Hill 1 a few years ago I would be afraid to enter the next room. Shattered Memories just doesn't offer that. Because there are no weapons in the game and even the monsters don't have them. You aren't worried about a nurse coming behind you and stabbing you in the back while your walking down a dark hall in the hospital. Shattered Memories only had one monster throughout the entire game. If thats not boring then I don't know what is. The game in my opinion was not at all scary.

Like I recently said though I thought the game was very atmospheric and was able to retain the same atmospheric feel from the previous games. It lacked a lot when it came to horror though in my opinion.

To me its pretty safe to say that Shattered Memories just lacked a lot but still was good enough to be a Silent Hill game. I never ran off to say it was horrible. I just said it wasn't as good as the previous games. Again its just an opinion. I still like to play this game speaking as a fan. I can pretty much stomach anything that has to do with Silent Hill.

HellFrozenJames

Receiver of Wisdom

Post by HellFrozenJames on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:55 pm

DavidBurkey wrote:Even though I highly disagree with it being better then the original. We obviously just have different opinions. The characters in Shattered Memories were as not as well thought out as in the original Silent Hill in my opinion. Lisa doesn't seem as charming as she does in the original Silent Hill. Cybil in Shattered Memories acts like a dike and looks like one. Michael Kaufman who's supposed to be one of the bad guys goes to being the therapist. (They should have used a new character) Cheryl's cries don't seem as serious as they used to and seem like a fake act. The monsters are not scary at all and Harry looks completely different. If you look at him in Silent Hill 1 he does not have glasses or sound like a dweeb. "No offense" I am although very happy they were loyal to Heathers figure from Silent Hill 3. They made it look just like her. :D
Well, how Cybil looks and acts can differ depending on your actions. And it's still a lot more believable than in SH1. I mean, she meets Harry, knows him for less than 5 minutes and decides that it's okay to give him her gun. I mean, that was just ridiculous.
As for Kaufmann, well, they're not supposed to play their exact roles from SH1, it's NOT a remake, it's a reimagining. And I really like what they did with the character in Shattered Memories, he has some really powerful moments in it.

DavidBurkey wrote:I did not think that taking away weapons was a good idea. In Shattered Memories it may seem a little scary during the beginning but after you get a look at the monsters and what they do to you. It doens't seem all that intimidating to play. When I used to play Silent Hill 1 a few years ago I would be afraid to enter the next room. Shattered Memories just doesn't offer that. Because there are no weapons in the game and even the monsters don't have them. You aren't worried about a nurse coming behind you and stabbing you in the back while your walking down a dark hall in the hospital. Shattered Memories only had one monster throughout the entire game. If thats not boring then I don't know what is. The game in my opinion was not at all scary.
Yeah, but Homecoming wasn't at all scary either, in spite of having weapons. It's got nothing to do with having weapons or not, I just think they didn't execute it well enough, which is why it's not scary. But it was still more scary than Homecoming. Like you said, the problem was the monotony of the monsters, and stuff like that. Not the lack of weapons.

DavidBurkey wrote:To me its pretty safe to say that Shattered Memories just lacked a lot but still was good enough to be a Silent Hill game. I never ran off to say it was horrible. I just said it wasn't as good as the previous games. Again its just an opinion. I still like to play this game speaking as a fan. I can pretty much stomach anything that has to do with Silent Hill.

Yeah, but that pretty much describes the 3 Silent Hill games that came before Shattered Memories. Everything after SH3, "lacked a lot but was still good enough to be a Silent Hill game" in my opinion. And in those terms, Shattered Memories was overall better than Origins and Homecoming.

DavidBurkey

Post by DavidBurkey on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:44 pm

HellFrozenJames wrote:that pretty much describes the 3 Silent Hill games that came before Shattered Memories. Everything after SH3, "lacked a lot but was still good enough to be a Silent Hill game" in my opinion. And in those terms, Shattered Memories was overall better than Origins and Homecoming.

Yeah. Like I said I still like Shattered Memories. I personally of the latest 3 installments would prefer Origins because the gameplay was almost exactly the same as SH2 and SH3. Origins also had a really good soundtrack. There were some scary parts of Origins but just like with the latest 3 installments. Lacking horror.

I will have to admit though that although Silent Hill 4 lacked a lot of things as well. When it came to horror that game got a 10 in my opinion. When I think of the two scariest Silent Hill games the ones that pop into my head are Silent Hill 4 and Silent Hill 1. SH2 and SH3 were also pretty scary. 8-)

HellFrozenJames

Receiver of Wisdom

Post by HellFrozenJames on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:08 pm

The biggest problem I have with Origins is the storyline. It just felt a little generic and uninspired. And very predictable. I'm usually not the kind of person that can guess the ending, or who the murderer is or what have you, but I was one step ahead of Origins the whole time.
That's like, the one thing in Silent Hill that's more important to me than horror, is the storyline. So I'd prefer a less scary Silent Hill with an excellent storyline, like Shattered Memories, over a more scary one with less of a storyline, like, well, Origins.

TraceBASS

Once A Metal Man, Still Eating Stars

Post by TraceBASS on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:12 pm

DavidBurkey wrote:If you look at him in Silent Hill 1 he does not have glasses or sound like a dweeb. "No offense" I am although very happy they were loyal to Heathers figure from Silent Hill 3. They made it look just like her. :D

Well, personally, I thought Harry's model for SM was much better than SH1. It sort of emphasised the caring father that we saw in SH1 even more, and it also showed that he wasn't as active/fighting/etc as SH1, which also emphasised the raw terror that there was in the Ice World when you had to run/hide from the monsters. I personally think that this aspect of the game actually focused on the true terror that can be brought out in a human being - after all, your average guy would not instantly see a monster, no matter what it looked like, think "Well, it's gotta go", grab the nearest thing that can be turned into a lethal weapon and attack it mindlessly.

DavidBurkey wrote:The Shattered Memories soundtrack was not as good as previous soundtracks in the series. Although there were a bit of pretty good tracks in the soundtrack. After the Origins Soundtrack Akira wasn't losing his touch but he began to not put as much effort into the music. You can just tell by comparing his earliest work to his latest. His soundtracks are not as long and seem a bit rushed. In my opinion Silent Hill Origins was his last really good soundtrack in the Silent Hill series. Everything after that was just okay but didn't amaze me like before. Its not a completely bad thing he quit even though I really enjoyed his work. Silent Hill just needs something new and maybe a different artist will have that special sound we have been looking for. We will have to see in the next installment "Silent Hill 8" working title.

Well for one, we won't see in the next instalment whether Akira can get his stride back because he won't be onboard this time >_< but yer, the soundtrack was definitely not as good as SH2/3/4 (those 3 had, by far, the BEST soundtracks Akira could dole out, in my opinion). I didn't mind Hell Frozen Rain, but it didn't really seem like an honest effort, so yes, you have a point. (Also, Origins did have some great songs, like Shot Down In Flames. a nice piece, albeit a lil repetitive :D)

DavidBurkey wrote:I did not think that taking away weapons was a good idea. In Shattered Memories it may seem a little scary during the beginning but after you get a look at the monsters and what they do to you. It doens't seem all that intimidating to play. When I used to play Silent Hill 1 a few years ago I would be afraid to enter the next room. Shattered Memories just doesn't offer that. Because there are no weapons in the game and even the monsters don't have them. You aren't worried about a nurse coming behind you and stabbing you in the back while your walking down a dark hall in the hospital. Shattered Memories only had one monster throughout the entire game. If thats not boring then I don't know what is. The game in my opinion was not at all scary.

Fair point, but then again, there is something pretty scary about running for your freakin' life because your being chased by a myriad monsters that have bloodchilling screams (and hugs xD) and want to cause your horrible, cold death. Yes, there should have been a lil bit more variation, but I think that the lack of weapons was essential to the game.

DavidBurkey wrote:Like I recently said though I thought the game was very atmospheric and was able to retain the same atmospheric feel from the previous games. It lacked a lot when it came to horror though in my opinion.

I'm gettin tired of saying this, but fair point xD it did lack a lot of the horror that we saw in the previous games, I'll give you that, but it was still awesome.

DavidBurkey wrote:To me its pretty safe to say that Shattered Memories just lacked a lot but still was good enough to be a Silent Hill game. I never ran off to say it was horrible. I just said it wasn't as good as the previous games. Again its just an opinion. I still like to play this game speaking as a fan. I can pretty much stomach anything that has to do with Silent Hill.

Too tired to repeat it xD I'll just say you had some valid reasons, but of course any game could/should be better. I think that SM was a big representative of why I'm so interested in the series: Because of the deep and emotional storylines and the cross-analysis of the individual. Shattered Memories proved to be a big-hitter in this, and, despite the annoying repetition of the Ice World, I'd definitely say they did a fairly good job with the game.

We're all pickin on ya, ain't we? xD sorry bout that DavidBurkey
I don't get mad; I get even - which isn't normal, for someone as odd as me.

~ TraceBASS

HomicidalManiac

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE BACTINE?!

Post by HomicidalManiac on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:36 pm

I Loved The Interactions, Like How You Have To Unlock The Door Before You Open It And Pull The Handle And you Used A Phone. The Interviews Were The Funnest Part In My Opinion But I Could Have Been WAY Better If
1. There Was More Monsters
2. You Fight The Monsters And Not Run Like A Sissy Girl
3. You Weren't A Geeky Photographer
I Liked The Plot Of This Game And I Loved The History That Takes Place And The Endings Where Ok

Zariag

The Butcher

Post by Zariag on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:18 pm

And gerbils eat spleens, and i like feet, and Alessa had a totally luvee-duvee child with her kind and loving AND ALL THE KIDS IN SH WERE SO FRIENDLY!!!!! >:[
And the God sent 3 angels.... Vatiel, Metatron, and Zariag.

HomicidalManiac

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE BACTINE?!

Post by HomicidalManiac on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:35 am

wait... what? gerbils? spleens? have you the brain worms?!?!

GreyChild

Lol yeah.

Post by GreyChild on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:55 am

Weapons in a chase scene would not really be scary, nor a chase scene since you can basically kill them with a weapon...I think having nothing to defend yourself and trying to run away from these monsters that were obviously faster than you just made the game much more scary, as for endings, it has the same amount of endings as the other games, does it not?

Now what I would have enjoyed was some alternate costumes...that would have been nice since SHSM doesn't really have no replay value and if so, it sucks.
I would have enjoyed the ability of finally being able to watch cutscenes on the console games(idk about origins or homecoming)
I would have also enjoyed some more better riddles/puzzles, the game lacks a lot of things that the earlier series had, but at the same time adds new things in and just like silent hill 4, I am now addicted to it because of all the new features that they have introduced.
I think since most of the game is straight forward and just chase after chase with a few cutscenes, that the riddles/puzzles should of been much more difficult.
Since this was a remake of SH 1 or however it was supposed to be imagined, idk if it was supposed to be how heather/cheryl told it but w/e, I would of enjoyed some old riddles such as the piano riddle(gotta love that one)

Overall...the game is amazing in my opinion, like the first replyer stated, all games not just SH, "could have been better" but that is because were gamers and not creators, so we whine and demand better games when really, if you try stepping in their shoes, it must be much more harder...imagine creating a game and trying to think of what everyone would like and then it turns out that most people hate it.

That is probably what happened with origins XD
Anyways, this is all my opinion, but nice topic nonetheless.
Be the broken or the breaker. Be the giver or the undertaker.

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Post by Princess Kenny on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:49 pm

I would of really liked the choice to fight and not just run.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

GeekBoy

Post by GeekBoy on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:04 am

After reading this and beating the Silent hill 1 and silent hill 3 i guess Shattered Memories is the wrong game for me too face my fear of silent hill i mean i would love too play the other ones i just aint had the money too get them when i found them for sell :( but still trying too over come my fear any tips???

Guerilla

Post by Guerilla on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:00 am

Many ways.

1. Have it set in the same town areas as the previous games. The lore of the Silent Hill region is part of what made the universe of the franchise. Setting in a new version of Silent Hill with no past connections was pointless and didn't do a good job of drawing me in. Besides, some people like seeing how Silent Hill and neighboring towns change and develop as the years go by.
2. Combat. This is a video game not a visual novel. Taking away weapons and forcing you to flee from hug monsters isn't scary or intimidating. It's annoying, repetitive, and actually provides less gameplay variety than monster encounters in earlier games.
3. Better soundtrack.
4. Tone down the cleanliness and shininess of the art design. It doesn't have to be grimdark. But when everything looks so sleek it's hard to feel you're in a disturbing environment.
5. Actual puzzles.
6. Better monster variety. Minor cosmetic changes is not monster variety.
7. More abstract ways of unlocking endings more akin to how SH1 & 2 did things.
8. Better storyline that focuses less on guess the guilt narratives and mental delusions and more on exploring various events in the region's past. And of course a new cast and setting the game in Brahms.
9. No regenerating health.
10. Having actual inventory management and things to collect that serve a purpose within the game.
11. Have the combat system maintain the breakable weapon and two weapon limit of Downpour but combine it with Homecoming's dodge mechanic.
12. No ice themes. Ice isn't scary, intimidating, thought provoking, or rich with symbolism. It's just bland and cliche.
13. No chase sequences. People like to explore the Otherworld. Not rush through it.
14. More WTF type moments such as the fridge in SH1 and mirror room in SH3.
15. Being able to inspect the environment manually via X button as opposed to merely looking at things. Gives more control and feels more interactive.
16. More boss battles.
17. Options of choosing from multiple branching paths with change the course of the rest of the game (different levels, bosses, items, possibly endings, etc.)
18. Keep the sidequest aspect of Downpour but provide more of them with more variety.

Ok, so maybe these are more akin to what you'd like to see in the next SH game rather than improving SM in particular. But they're all fantastic ideas.

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:04 am

Guerilla wrote:1. Have it set in the same town areas as the previous games. The lore of the Silent Hill region is part of what made the universe of the franchise. Setting in a new version of Silent Hill with no past connections was pointless and didn't do a good job of drawing me in. Besides, some people like seeing how Silent Hill and neighboring towns change and develop as the years go by.

But that goes against the idea of the game, since it's a "what if" scenario the town doesn't need to be cursed or something.

Guerilla wrote:7. More abstract ways of unlocking endings more akin to how SH1 & 2 did things.

I don't know, wasn't the way SM did things pretty unique and abstract enough? It was definitely more complex than 1 and 2.

Guerilla wrote:8. Better storyline that focuses less on guess the guilt narratives and mental delusions and more on exploring various events in the region's past. And of course a new cast and setting the game in Brahms.[/quote

But the game wasn't about guilt nor mental delusions. Just because the game was told a certain way to make you think more and not spoil the twist doesn't mean mental delusions and guilt were present.

Again, exploring the town's past, new cast and game set in Brahms goes against the very idea of the game.

Guerilla wrote:12. No ice themes. Ice isn't scary, intimidating, thought provoking, or rich with symbolism. It's just bland and cliche.

Actually, rusty places in bad condition etc. are more cliche than places covered in ice. Besides, ice was something different when it comes to SH games. Ice can be scary if done well, think stuff like The Thing, The Shining etc.

About "rich with symbolism" part, same can be said for places in SH2, those things are not rich with symbolism by themselves, it matters what details the devs put etc. SM's ice theme was symbolic.

Guerilla wrote:17. Options of choosing from multiple branching paths with change the course of the rest of the game (different levels, bosses, items, possibly endings, etc.)

Well, SM did kind of have those, various things you looked at, the questions you answered changed how the characters looked, how the monsters looked, you could even affect how the house looked and many other things.

Guerilla

Post by Guerilla on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:44 am

1. Doesn't matter if it's a 'what if'. The topic clearly asks what you would do to improve SM and I would improve by not making it an unnecessary and largely unfulfilling 'what if' in the first place. I have no desire to see alternate spins of SH1's characters. I'd much rather have a new tale with characters that starts from scratch. Not uses SH1 as its basis.

2. Yes, the story was about mental delusions
REVEAL SPOILER
Cheryl's refusal to see her father for what he was.
The aspect of making the story about guilt or mental problems is so played out at this point I want something new. And again, the topic asks you what you would do to improve SM. It does not specify others having to like your ideas. You need to understand that I get the point of SM. But I don't like what it went for. So I'd like to change that by changing its overall premise. And I went I'm tired of the guilt trip and mental delusion plot devices I was speaking more of the series as a whole than SM in particular. But that's why it's so tiring in SM because by the time this game came out, a lot of its big revelations had more or less already been used.

3. I didn't say anything about using blood or rust. Just not using ice. Downpour didn't rely on blood and rust or ice yet managed to have a unique and intriguing Otherworld design by focusing more on unorthdox imagery such as the spinning clock you have to traverse. So it can be done.

4. No, SM did not have those. Not in the manner I'm suggesting. In SM you go to the same places from playthrough to playthrough and do a lot of the same stuff. The Psyche System doesn't really change anything about that. The changes it does are minor and cosmetic. They have no effect on the gameplay. The house looking different doesn't change anything about it so why should I care what color it is? Point is each playthrough feels the same regardless of the narrative choices. The lack of gameplay only compounds this problem by drastically reducing the replay value. Because once you've seen all the story has to offer, what's left to bring you back for more? Not much of anything really.

SM had a ton of flaws and to me it needed a massive overhaul to rectify those flaws. It was too barebones on the gameplay front and the story was too disappointing to make up for how stripped down the gameplay was.

Next

Return to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories