AlchemillaHsospital

Silent Hill 2 Remake PC Requirements

Discuss the upcoming PS5-exclusive remake
Norus_Rebirthed

Silent Hill 2 Remake PC Requirements

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

From the Gaming section of NME here are some PC requirements I don't understand a word of as I don't have PC gaming. The article is meaningless to me until the end when it repeats about the games being developed.
Thought this might be useful to some people here?

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/th ... ts-3332704

NEWSGAMING NEWS
The ‘Silent Hill 2’ remake packs demanding PC system requirements
Even the recommended system requirements only hit 60 FPS at medium quality

By
Andy Brown
20th October 2022
Silent Hill 2 remake. Credit: Bloober Team, Konami.

The system requirements for Bloober Team‘s upcoming Silent Hill 2 remake have been confirmed, though PC players with lower-end rigs may require an upgrade to get the horror game running.
Shortly after the remake was announced, a Steam page for the title was launched that included new screenshots of the game and a list of recommended system requirements.

While the minimum system requirements will manage the remake at 30 FPS on “low/medium quality settings,” even the recommended requirements for PC players will only manage 60 FPS from the game on medium – or 30FPS with the settings turned up to high. This suggests that to comfortably get the most out of the game’s visuals without a performance drop, even higher requirements could lie ahead.

You can see the minimum and recommended settings below.

Silent Hill 2 remake minimum system requirements
Operating system: Windows 10 x64
Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
RAM: 12GB
Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Storage: 50GB
Silent Hill 2 remake recommended system requirements:
Operating system: Windows 11 x64
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K or AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
RAM: 16GB
Graphics card: AMD Radeon 6800XT or Nvidia GeForce 2080RTX
Storage: 50GB
There’s no release date for the remake just yet, so it’s possible that these settings could change slightly as the game continues development.
Konami’s latest Transmission brought plenty of good news for fans of the long-running horror franchise, which has gone for years without a new title. Along with Bloober Team’s remake, Konami also shared trailers for three more upcoming games for the series – including Silent Hill Townfall, which will be developed by Glasgow-based studio No Code and published by Annapurna Interactive.

A film by Christophe Gans, who directed the first Silent Hill film, is also on the way.

© 2022 NME
Otherworld

Re: Silent Hill 2 Remake PC Requirements

Post by Otherworld »

Like with all Remakes. I really wish the original game (port) would come with the Remake. To me, that is how they should package every single Remake.

If SH2 Remake PC version came with the original PC version, that is the version I would purchase.

I'd pay the extra $$$ for it.
I'm going to town either way.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Otherworld wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:10 pm Like with all Remakes. I really wish the original game (port) would come with the Remake. To me, that is how they should package every single Remake.

If SH2 Remake PC version came with the original PC version, that is the version I would purchase.

same but they dont want to pay people to port it, i suppose
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

As I saw, it will be PS5 exclusive for a year, after that will be released for PC - Steam. That being said, with Steam - Proton you can play it in Linux with considerable performance improvement (unless you made Win11 custom, but you don't). Also, I bet it will be available for CrossOver for macOS (since Apple don't like gaming).

So I am suggesting to change the name of this forum to "Silent Hill Remake" only, and wait to see what Bloober team will release exactly. Let's remember the last fake HD made by a good team sabotaged by Konami!
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

admin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:09 am
Otherworld wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:10 pm Like with all Remakes. I really wish the original game (port) would come with the Remake. To me, that is how they should package every single Remake.

same but they dont want to pay people to port it, i suppose
Charge for it. My belief is that almost everyone would rather have the original game as well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LostInTheFog wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:25 pm So I am suggesting to change the name of this forum to "Silent Hill Remake" only, and wait to see what Bloober team will release exactly. Let's remember the last fake HD made by a good team sabotaged by Konami!
It this not what they're referring to it as? It's not like it's a "silent hill 3 remake." it has james and mary iirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyC_qiW_4ZY

When the PC version comes out, we can change it to not just say "PS5"
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

admin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:15 pm
LostInTheFog wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:25 pm So I am suggesting to change the name of this forum to "Silent Hill Remake" only, and wait to see what Bloober team will release exactly. Let's remember the last fake HD made by a good team sabotaged by Konami!
It this not what they're referring to it as? It's not like it's a "silent hill 3 remake." it has james and mary iirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyC_qiW_4ZY

When the PC version comes out, we can change it to not just say "PS5"
I am referring to the title of the group "Silent Hill 2 PS5 Remake". Though it should be only "Silent Hill 2 Remake" because it's about all produced under the umbrella of this game (by the way, in the trailer it says "Silent Hill 2" only - curious).

About the PC requirements, we might expect a lot. I am trying to run flawless Unreal Engine Editor 5 in my PC Gamer... still trying... When you start a project, it will put settings to maximum by default. Unless this team have worked in scalable mode since the beginning, it will be unplayable for most of PC's with 5 years or more, and notebooks, maybe a recent Alienware and, ironically, a M1 Macbook with Steam Proton. When I was participating a bit of indie projects, I warned people to take care with requirements or this can have bad reception since a lot of fans just can't play it and won't talk about at all - that's no good release strategy for this kind of game.
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

This is why PC gaming does not make sense for someone like me.

The specs for some of these games will constantly change and push boundaries on PC.

On a console, you are locked in and games get optimized accordingly.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I don't play PC games. This ought to change, as I reckon I would really enjoy the exclusives available on Steam.

I'll be getting the SH2 remake for the PS5, though. Anything I can obtain on consoles with physical versions, I will pursue that. 8-)