AlchemillaHsospital

My mother is in hospital...

Talk among fellow members about happenings going on with you.
Annin_Tofu

My mother is in hospital...

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Doctors believe my mother suffered a silent heart attack on Thursday night, caused by near kidney failure. Luckily, she was taken to the hospital quickly, but it was revealed my mum will require kidney dialysis for the rest of her life. My mum also has furry arteries, caused by excessive smoking, which she was told she cannot do anymore.

I went to see her yesterday, with my sister. My mother doesn't look well at all. She can only have one litre of liquid a day.

My mum is my world, and I cannot do without her! :(
Otherworld

Re: My mother is in hospital...

Post by Otherworld »

So sorry to hear!

Seems like a tough road ahead but it seems like you are there for her and that is huge right now. I hope everything works out.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Thank you, Otherworld.
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

My mom have never entered a hospital for health problems - she does not have a record yet with 76 years old. But she have Alzheimer's disease, and she is vanishing slowly. What a irony! Enjoy your mom, I am trying to enjoy mine as long is possible. They might leave us soon, quickly or slowly.
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Oh, I know. :(

I heard that if you have permanent kidney dialysis, you only live up to 5 years, normally.

My late grandmother suffered from dementia and blocked arteries.

Social services won't even provide me support, because years ago, I was being supported by Autism Initiatives and had major issues with a few care workers. My mum helped me every week, too.

It's been a real carry on since those support workers mucked up my life. But it's difficult to take it to court, as a lawyer expects to be paid well. You cannot claim legal aid for a civil case.
Xuchilbara

Post by Xuchilbara »

I hope everything will be ok.
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

thesaunderschild wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:54 pm Oh, I know. :(

I heard that if you have permanent kidney dialysis, you only live up to 5 years, normally.

My late grandmother suffered from dementia and blocked arteries.

Social services won't even provide me support, because years ago, I was being supported by Autism Initiatives and had major issues with a few care workers. My mum helped me every week, too.

It's been a real carry on since those support workers mucked up my life. But it's difficult to take it to court, as a lawyer expects to be paid well. You cannot claim legal aid for a civil case.
kidney are awesome things, right? There is no way to replace it 100% yet, even with all our tech development, we can't filter blood as the original organic machine.

About health care, the world will need a SUS as Brazil have, there is no future in these pure profit-based system, or pure state backed systems. The hybrid full care seems to be the way.
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

My mum got home on Wednesday, but because nobody informed me sooner, I only found out yesterday.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:32 am My mum got home on Wednesday, but because nobody informed me sooner, I only found out yesterday.
That's good news. I hope she is doing better.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Thanks.

:thumbsup: