AlchemillaHsospital

RE6 and The Evil Within 1

Discussions on all other popular horror video game franchises.
Otherworld

RE6 and The Evil Within 1

Post by Otherworld »

Recently I watched Pat from the Pat Stares at Youtube channel complete an RE playthrough of every single game.

For years he had refused to LP RE6. But he finally gave in, and it was hilarious to see how bad this game was with Pat doing his commentary during the LP. It's a horrible game.

What really struck me early on and Pat made the same comment later in the LP was how similar some of the look and feel The Evil Within 1 has with RE6.

Like the evolution of RE4 ended up in one way or another in both RE6 and The Evil Within 1 with or without Shinji Mikami.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Re: RE6 and The Evil Within 1

Post by Annin_Tofu »

RE6 is a copy of Gears of War 3. It's not surprising, as Capcom is always trying to copy franchises by rival companies.

When they do that, you know they're just in it for the money.
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

I've never noticed before. Played both but The Evil Within was more entertaining.
Still stuck in chapter 8 and forgotten when last tedium for RE6.
Might play them from the start knowing now boxes can be smashed.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

RE6 does not supply enough ammonia for the campaigns
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

I didn't play RE6 fully, gave up of buying it and gave up of the franchise at that time. But to me most of what RE6 have of bad still came from RE5 when the have sacrificed the plot for gameplay. But for the franchise, the plot is essential, otherwise it is just one more title in the shelf for sale. When people sarted with RE6 and became clear the path Capcom have chosen, players already had low down expectations. As RE6 have gameplay that lead to other franchises, became a boring game.

But RE6 is not a bad game, just boring for people like us.
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

After watching the LP, Capcom did not just make mistakes with gameplay. There is an egregious mistake with the plot within RE6 that makes the game not even make any sense. The 4 campaigns are supposed to tie together but they did such an abysmal job it falls apart just as bad as the gameplay choices.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

RE6 really is just a Gears of War 3 clone. This trend of copying other games is something Capcom will keep on doing, because if they think it's marketable, they will rake in more cash. :P

https://youtube.com/watch?v=M25Me3FeIrs

I forgot how you embed videos from YouTube. But it's there if you want to watch it, anyway. :)