AlchemillaHsospital

The Last of Us

Discussions on all other popular horror video game franchises.
Annin_Tofu

The Last of Us

Post by Annin_Tofu »

One of the best games ever. Easter eggs still get discovered today. Despite the backlash the sequel got last year, that game was an incredible follow up that had so many excellent moments.

Cannot wait for the HBO series. :thumbsup:
Otherworld

Re: The Last of Us

Post by Otherworld »

Stoked for the show!

I enjoyed both games. The first one was better but the second one was great as well. I never understood the hate it got.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Same here.

I recently seen screenshots and the locations look very faithful to the first game. I think I noticed the building where Tess gave her life to allow Joel and Ellie to escape.

:robbie:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

With a new PS5 remake on the way, I recently thought about how this game ends.

The one thought I kept coming back to is, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
I know it is easy when the person you love is not the one that has to be sacrificed for the many.

When I first finished this game I was torn between wanting Joel to end up happy and having Ellie fulfill the purpose of the trip in the first place.

It was difficult for Naughty Dogg to capture that balance but they did.

Years later, I have to say I am happy to revisit this story to see if my reaction may have changed since then.

What about you guys?
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I can see why Joel intervened to save Ellie, but all it did was bring out the Negan 2.0 in Abby.

The dust has settled though, and I can say the parts where you play as Abby are among the second game's greatest moments. Not at all appreciated...

I think fans were expecting the story to continue being about Ellie and Joel forever, just like RE should be about Chris and Jill forever in people's eyes.

Change seems to infuriate some people.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

The change made the 2nd game feel grounded and more realistic.

I mean, a person like Joel would undoubtedly be hunted down and killed.

Playing as Abby gave you a chance to connect with her character so you'd have a better understanding of the whole "there are 2 sides to every story" thing. I think a lot of people did not understand or did not want to understand that concept.

It reminds me of The Walking Dead.

The 1st few seasons of that show were great because PEOPLE DEID. It got worse when they refused to kill of any other main cast members.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Yep. I enjoyed the whole game, from start to finish.

I cannot wait for the HBO series. :P
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Don't know why this Remake is getting so much hate.

RE4 was ported too many times to count.....
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

You can confide in me there. I feel the same way.

I believe that RE4 gets way too much praise, when it's not even what one can label as a real RE game. The game is totally overrated, and has been available for years now on a whole ton of different platforms, despite the "GameCube exclusive" status they originally slapped it with.

Naughty Dog don't let me down, however, so they have my money when it's needed. They take their time. Whereas Capcom puts out the same crap, just about every year now.

Like, seriously. They've gone back to 1998 more times than I care to remember, for remakes, side story stuff, and whatnot. This is all they ever do nowadays.

It's as if they've ended up becoming another one trick pony.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Ordered the physical copy. I will let you all know how it compares.