AlchemillaHsospital

"The Hollywood One"

Discuss Silent Hill Homecoming here.
Annin_Tofu

"The Hollywood One"

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Ever feel this was like the movie, but as a game?

:halo:
Otherworld

Re: "The Hollywood One"

Post by Otherworld »

Yes.

To be fair, it was supposed to be much much worse if you can believe it.
I'm going to town either way.
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

Well it did go into development primarily just after the film was released, and with the initial questionable ideas proposed that were eventually scrapped, it was probably seen as the "safe" route. After watching TheGamingMuse's "There Is No Team Silent" series, it appears more inevitable in retrospect due to the identity crisis and financial struggles the series was always facing. I got into the series in 2012 so everything is "in retrospect" to me anyway :coffee:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

More like "The Headache One" in my book. :|

I could never beat this game. For example, I really hate the part where you have to search for postcards in the building with the big bugs, or whatever they are. There's a lot of nurses too, and they are pretty hardcore in this game.

It's certainly not a game I want to revisit anytime soon.
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Annin_Tofu wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:02 am More like "The Headache One" in my book. :|

I could never beat this game. For example, I really hate the part where you have to search for postcards in the building with the big bugs, or whatever they are. There's a lot of nurses too, and they are pretty hardcore in this game.

It's certainly not a game I want to revisit anytime soon.
Nurses are attracted to radio sounds and the light. Some just stand there when both off allowing for a sort of stealth kill. But there's one that's a bit slashy-go-lucky that can be taken out with gunshots.
Put it in and give it another go! It's the bit after the prison where they seemed to just give up.
EDIT: And after clearing the place out. Put the light back on to see stuff you can pick up. Even though Alex is standing right over the objects!
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Protip, sir! :thumbsup: