july

Bogeyman symbolism in Homecoming

Post by july on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:35 am

I finally realized the symbolism behind Bogeyman in Homecoming. It's pretty easy actually.
Punish yourself with Adam as the Bogeyman. Punish others as the Bogeyman with Alex.
And there is some similarities with Bogeyman and Joshua, when you compare one to another.
The Feel of it.
So also to discuss. When you first meet Bogeyman in the Hotel, it looks like a red square. And Bogeyman is inside of it.
Just like SH 2 Safe points. Pretty cool right.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:42 am

I am not sure what you mean. HCPH kill Adam and in one ending Alex becomes a HCPH.

I also do not see how it ties specifically to Josh. I always thought the HCPH was manifested by guilt

july

Post by july on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:43 am

Otherworld wrote:I am not sure what you mean. HCPH kill Adam and in one ending Alex becomes a HCPH.

I also do not see how it ties specifically to Josh. I always thought the HCPH was manifested by guilt

If there is Alex as the Bogeyman. Like James as a PH. When he represents the executioner who punish others.
With Adam as a representation of the Bogeyman. He punish himself.

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 am

Wasn't he around just to punish his parents for fucking up apocalyptically hard?

That being said, I don't remember why he was in the hotel other than fan service bullshit.

july

Post by july on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Tabris wrote:Wasn't he around just to punish his parents for fucking up apocalyptically hard?

What. Well in Downpour Bogeyman symbolize completely different people. Like Patrick who punish Murphy for what happened to Frank. So Why are you people telling me, that in Homecoming Bogeyman symbolize only one character.
Don't get it.

Tabris wrote:That being said, I don't remember why he was in the hotel other than fan service bullshit.

Still afraid that Silent Hill turned out to be as horrible, as a silent hill revelation ? Like it was fucking created by a woman, with some serious mental problems. Just old,mad and pretty bad. Creators just don't call it silent hill then. We all know of that sh movie revelation curse. Another name in mind, but still silent hill. Keep up the good work.

Downpour fixed Homecoming mess. Don't be afraid to played it.

july

Post by july on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:34 am

Look what kind of vid I find.

Oh Yeah and Also...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogeyman

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:12 am

Homecoming bogeyman was a failed idea that was fully realized in Downpour.

In HC it was just PH fan service, but there are small whiffs of a larger idea that ultimately didn’t pan out.

I wish they had been able to create an original Bogeyman. The boss designs are actually cool, and I’m sure they had to have had some draft ideas floating around of what an original Bogeyman could look like.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:52 pm

I for one, for one reason or another, do not even like the fact that they even called this monster "the boogyman"

Ugh....

Return to Silent Hill Homecoming