Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Schism Prison

Post by Wilsden Hills on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:38 am

Shame it's not crimson, the Crimson Schism Prison would be a fine sounding thing indeed :mrgreen:

But anyway, does anyone have any sound, ideally failsafe tactic for avoiding certain death in the Prison? It must be possible cos I finished the game once, but bloody hell it's less possible this time round. My situation from the first save point in the level is no health supplies at all and half health. I need those health drinks in the lobby area, and I was attempting to ensure I collected all the photos etc but I guess that can wait til I'm properly tooled up (it's only the xbox achievement I'm after really, can be acquired next playthrough once I've got that laser pistol in my mitts - the only reason I'm even attempting to bag more of the games achievements). Trying to see the buggers let alone observe their attack patterns and react to them is nigh on impossible, and thus far I'm on around attempt number 10 at simply making it to the office intact, made it that far once but was promptly finished off whilst taking stock of my surroundings. I've tried ignoring all pick-ups and just running like hell but I really need those health drinks, running like hell = instant butchery on half health.

Any help or suggestions ('put the game down' is a perfectly reasonable suggestion) will be most gratefully received. :)
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Schism Prison

Post by Otherworld on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Jam61 is a Homecoming expert. Maybe he can help ....

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Schism Prison

Post by Oohfakanorus on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:53 pm

It would mean they come out from nowhere, but have you tried switching off the flashlight and radio? Might make it easier to evade. Only trouble is you could stand right next to an object and Alex wouldn't even see it until the light is switched back on. Maybe some rolling might help you evade them?
Best of luck with it. I've got no health or gun and still have to battle the Boogeyman to complete the St. Maria's part of Downpour!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Schism Prison

Post by Wilsden Hills on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:12 pm

In time-honoured fashion I made it through next go :lol: no skill or 'method' to be seen, just plenty of frantic dodge / roll button mashing, chaotic analog stick wriggling and a coupla fluketastic shotgun blasts was all it took. How rewarding :roll:

Hmm yep, the Bogeyman kicked my ass a few times the other week too. Good luck with that Sir!

jam6i

Schism Prison

Post by jam6i on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:20 pm

Well if you use the gun-clipping technique (passing through collision using handgun) you can slip through the door to the right of the boarded up doorway. If you slip through this door and bypass the boarded entry, the schisms don't trigger. You can grab all your goodies without fear of harm.

Also there's a way to clip back into the save room at the beginning of the level. If you grab the health items and clip back into the save room, save, quit and reload the save, the level resets and you can grab the health items again.

There are only a small handful of areas in the game where items can be reset and cloned. The police station entry area is one of them.

I keep meaning to restart the gun clipping video series. I had a bunch of videos like two years ago but took them all down because they were low quality.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Schism Prison

Post by Wilsden Hills on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:05 am

Can I do all that on a 360? Sounds like the murky world of PC-glitching to me? Ah well, even if I can I sure as shit ain't going back there to see, though if it's possible to lark around as you describe on the 360 I may well have a play, I'm sure there'll be ample opportunity to me to need to gtfood before the end. Glitching the laser pistol into my inventory would be better, can't you do that? :mrgreen:

Return to Silent Hill Homecoming