axlegear83@

"Wintery Mist" music track?

Post by axlegear83@ on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:14 am

Apologies for posting this abruptly, but I was going through some old SH music files I've collected over the years, and noticed that I downloaded a track called "Wintery Mist" about 6 years ago with metadata saying it was from SH Homecoming (you can listen to it here):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRJUQ060Z5k

I'm pretty sure I got the track from the "Extra" music section of the main SH Memories site, but it's not there anymore.

Was this really an unreleased track from Homecoming? Was it even something composed by Yamaoka?

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up, and apologies if I'm overlooking anything really obvious.

axlegear83@

Post by axlegear83@ on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:09 pm

A friend of mine just said he vaguely remembered that the track was used as background music for a SH Homecoming promotional website at some point, but didn't sound very sure.

Again, I'm eager to hear from anyone who can identify where this track came from/was intended for, and if it's an actual composition by Akira Yamaoka (it definitely sounds like one of his pieces, despite the known similarity to that Winter Tundra track from Spyro 2).

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:53 pm

I never heard it before. As far as Yamaoka is concerned, maybe you can tweet him and ask him.

Return to Silent Hill Homecoming