jam6i

Mystery Music Track?

Post by jam6i on Tue May 26, 2015 4:56 pm

So I've always remembered seeing a preview video in the early days before Homecoming's release that contained a sound clip that I never heard anywhere else. I remembered it sounded like an Akira Yamaoka track but was never heard of again anywhere. And it drove me crazy until I very recently remembered what it may have come from, so I looked up "Silent Hill Homecoming G4" on youtube and found the video I remembered:

The music track I'm talking about is in the beginning of the video. It's pretty brief, but you'll know it when you hear it.

Does anyone know anything about this track? Is it even something from Yamaoka? I've never heard this anywhere else, but it distinctly sounds like a Yamaoka piece. I mean, I'm a die-hard Yamaokaphile. I can instantly recognize his tracks, and I've never heard this anywhere else besides the one preview from 2008.

Any thoughts?

I've been through all the official soundtracks. All the complete ripped soundtracks. Every piece of known SH music I've been through. Even fan-music. But nothing.

If you know, let me know. I can call the mystery solved.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Vengur

Warcraft is my jam.

Mystery Music Track?

Post by Vengur on Wed May 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Maybe you should check Akira's solo albums.

For me, I have no idea what that track is.
Why does the Devil have a monopoly on buying souls?

jam6i

Mystery Music Track?

Post by jam6i on Wed May 27, 2015 3:04 pm

I've considered asking him on twitter, now that I have the piece of music in question. I mean, he would be able to answer even if it came from him or not. But I don't like pestering the old gods of Silent Hill. Maybe someone else can do it for me...

If this is a Yamaoka piece that isn't available somewhere, I'd love for him to release it. I'd love to hear the rest of the track. Lost Silent Hill music...
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Shikou

Ghost Photographer

Mystery Music Track?

Post by Shikou on Sat May 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Maybe its not by Akira at all, maybe they just added a cool sounding track from another artist. It does sound pretty good.

Return to Silent Hill Homecoming