jam6i

SIN195 JAALASSEI- The Secret Under Asphyxia's Chamber

Post by jam6i on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:11 am

If you use the OoB gun clipping technique in the Hell Prison, you can find a secret chamber underneath Asphyxia's boss arena. Under the boss arena, you will find a giant metallic orange vent that you can walk on. It's a decent size, and when you get down there, Alex becomes invisible for some reason.

This is what it looks like from a distance (after having clipped through a wall and landing on a platform under the prison)

This is what it looks like when you get to it, and are standing on it:

Does it look familiar, or at least similar to something else? Like, probably the lighthouse from SH1?

I'll leave it's similarity to the SH1 lighthouse for another discussion. The point of this thread is something else entirely.

Now...this giant emblem is actually an asset that can be found in much smaller forms throughout the game, usually in otherworld segments. Here is the vent/emblem file ripped from the PC version:

Trust me, you've seen this thing before, but never in large form. It's usually pretty small when you come across it.

So, what's special about this emblem? Why can a giant version of it be found underneath Asphyxia's chamber, when it's completely invisible to the player in normal gameplay? (trust me, it's not visible unless you get out of bounds and under Asphyxia's chamber).

Well, there is a curious detail I was able to get up close to.

There are two sections on the outer edge of the disc that contain text.

---------------------

1.) The First Text

Using image enhancing and other materials (including ma' eyeballs) I've been able to come up with a very good guess as to what the text is:

SIN195 JAALASSE I

So, what does "SIN195 JAALASSE I" mean?

-SIN 195: I have not been able to come up with an explanation for what SIN 195 means. My only idea is that it refers to the mathematical formula for SIN. Therefore, it's asking for the SIN of 195 degrees. Why?

-JA ALASSE I:I've been able to separate this text into three different segments, and in doing so come up with some possible meanings (all in the Estonian language, based on google translate, so it may not be entirely accurate)

A.) "JA" in Estonian means "and"
B.) "ALASSE" in Estonian means "area"
C.) "ALASSEI" in Estonian means "zone"
D.) "JA ALASSE" in Estonian means "and the area"
E.) "JA ALASSEI" in Estonian means "and the scope of"

So we've got some text (JA ALASSE I) that seems to be related to terms revolving around the concept of circularity, boundary, and spheres. This is quite remarkable, since the text is found on a circular emblem. It surely cannot be a coincidence that this text, with this meaning, is found on a surface with this shape, no?

How does "SIN 195" and "JA ALASSEI" combine? Is this all part of one single meaning? What could it mean?

Considering the geometrical nature of all of this, and how it all seems to revolve around circularity or loops... I don't know!

If SIN 195 is asking for the mathematical function of SIN for 195 degrees, that would be 0.21945466799.

Therefore, the entire phrase "SIN 195 JA ALASSE I" could be seen as "0.219 and the scope of"

WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

I don't know. I've been fascinated by this ever since I stumbled onto it quite awhile ago. I'm hoping someone else can chime in with their own ideas.

-------------------

2.) The Second Text

Across the way from the first string of text, there is a second, much smaller, sting of text.

*Please note that I messed up and did not capture the full text*

The second text reads "GO SRUS"

I have not been able to make heads or tails of what GO SRUS means. It doesn't show up in any languages, and isn't an anagram of anything meaningful.

Is it related to the JA ALASSE text?

---------------------------

So yes, there are many questions brought up by this. Why is this giant emblem underneath Asphyxia's chamber? Why is it not even visible to the player? Why does it have collision? Why can Alex shoot it? Why does it contain mystery text? What does the text even mean?

Thoughts?

I'm hoping someone can follow what I do in the video to get down there, and see for yourself this giant emblem under Asphyxia's room. Make sure to bring ammo so you can shoot it.

*EDIT*

Some extra info about the word "alasse":

-In Portuguese, Alasse is a "third-person singular imperfect subjunctive of alar"
-In Portuguese, alar means "to give wings"

So, this can also be referencing the ideas of flight, acceptance, freedom, etc. Does this hold some meaning to Alex's journey?
Last edited by jam6i on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:40 pm.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:07 am

When you say you have seen the emblem before, where exactly? It looks very familiar, is it prevalent throughout the entire game?

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Oh yea no doubt, you've seen it before. It takes the form of vents, and is only found in otherworld sections.

-in the hell house, they are pretty easy to spot. Go to the hell house and look around, you'll find it.

-In the hell prison, they can be found in the room where Alex first meets up with wheeler (they are very tiny vents at the bottom of the showers). Also in hell prison, you can see them just outside the windows of some of the winding metal corridors.

There is one extra location I've found by going out of bounds. A giant version of this emblem can be found underneath Amnion's chamber (before the transition). You cannot see it under the floor unless you get out of bounds. Unfortunately, there is no secondary platform underneath the lair level, nor is there a way to fall directly onto the emblem. You can only see the emblem under Amnion's room by clipping through a wall and looking at it as you fall past it to your death.

I had an initial theory that all 4 boss rooms are connected by this mysterious secret emblem, but that is not the case. It can only be found under Asphyxia's and Amnion's rooms.

*EDIT*

Here's the emblem in a pretty clever place. Being put here, this means we've ALL seen the emblem. And again, the potential significance of circularity, looping, geometry, space, etc. it's interesting that an emblem with text referring to these concepts is found behind a clock.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Well we know that "time" is a prevalent theme with all the clocks stopped at 2 :06. Maybe it ties into that theme......

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:32 pm

It's one of those situations where the facts can't be just a coincidence. I don't have much of a clue as to what's really happening here, but it seems fairly obvious that something is up.

I would have probably written it all off as "just a thing" were it not for the possible meaning of the first string of text on the emblem.

I'm curious to know if this was something that the developers created from scratch, or if it's something they pulled from an outside source.

And I'm struggling to come up with a even a possible meaning behind "GO SRUS". It looks like nonsense text. But my gut says otherwise.

Even more...you can probably see that there is a third line of text below "GO SRUS" but it is so unintelligible I simply can't make heads or tails of what the characters even are (there is a fourth line of text below the "JA ALASSE" line, but it is actually just a repeat of the "JA ALASSE" line). The string of text below "GO SRUS" is something else entirely.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:40 am

It seems like some sort of arena for a boss battle where that symbol has more precedence in an earlier version of the game. Like the idea was prevalent in the early going but was scrapped later on.

This is just a shot in the dark but I have a feeling that "time" was a much larger theme in early development and for one reason or another it was watered down. I mean Curtis is fixing a shit load of clocks ....
And I remember a glitch during the clock puzzle if you did not do it right ....

Tomm might be the only one that could shed some light on it.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:53 am

Dude, it totally feels like a scrapped, unfinished version of a boss arena.

I should make something a little clearer: this emblem/vent is, more precisely, located directly underneath the catwalk behind the giant glass window that shatters after defeating Asphyxia. It is not underneath the arena itself, but under the catwalk behind the glass.

If you go to the catwalk area and look down, you will see that it just is not visible at all in normal gameplay. My first explanation for it being down there is that it is used as a light source to light up the catwalk area, but...trust me, it is not a light source. It emits no light beyond the emblem itself. It's very much like the lighthouse roof from SH1.

What glitch are you taking about with the hell house clock?

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:04 am

^ Ya, sometimes it would be a random answer instead of 2:06. This happens if you do not solve the clock puzzle first in the hell house.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:02 pm

Interesting...but it mostly looks and feel like it was something that the dev's possibly thought about using, then scrapped the idea.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

ERROR

Post by ERROR on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:21 pm

ALASSE doesn't resemble ALESSA to anyone else? 'cuz, you know, they're the same letters.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:27 pm

ERROR wrote:ALASSE doesn't resemble ALESSA to anyone else? 'cuz, you know, they're the same letters.

It did to me but I didn't feel like suggesting it.

Alessi is a brand from Italy I think, and there's so many variations of the name Alessa from what I've seen.

And correct me if I am wrong, but isn't "ja" the equivalent to "yes".
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:54 pm

I was wondering if/when someone would bring that up...

The letter swap was another of the many things I considered. But when I found out that those words are from languages i don't speak, i changed my mind.

And ja, "Ja" is yes in some languages, but it appears to also mean "and" in others.

Can't wait to see what theories or ideas come from this. Like, I've said pretty much all I know and think about it. I have no concrete answers for any of it.

But it certainly is more than "just a thing" like I first thought.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Maybe this was Alessa and Josh's Dragon ball Z fight to the death arena .... :lol:

ERROR

Post by ERROR on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Well, that was going to be a thing, as I recall—a fight to the death for control of the Otherworld, essentially, between Alessa and Joshua.

As bad as HOMECOMING is, it was nearly so, so much worse.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:28 pm

a fight to the death for control of the Otherworld, essentially, between Alessa and Joshua

Now that's scary .... :shock: But not in a good way ..... :lol:

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Otherworld wrote:
a fight to the death for control of the Otherworld, essentially, between Alessa and Joshua

Now that's scary .... :shock: But not in a good way ..... :lol:

Round one..."FIGHT"..... :lol: :lol:
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Neurotic

Glitch Magnet

Post by Neurotic on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:39 am

jam6i, is the text present on all instances of the symbol in the game, or just the unreachable one underneath Asphyxia?

Neurotic

Glitch Magnet

Post by Neurotic on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:14 am

jam6i wrote:Here's the emblem in a pretty clever place. Being put here, this means we've ALL seen the emblem. And again, the potential significance of circularity, looping, geometry, space, etc. it's interesting that an emblem with text referring to these concepts is found behind a clock.

I disagree with the text itself on the emblem having any significance. Seems to me like an asset tag or something similar. Regardless of if the text has any significance or not, I'd say that the focus on the symbol is enough; It's the sun.

The deity originally worshiped by the Order is a sun deity, after all. Their creation story relays humanity being in a constant state of anguish because they were unable to die. Feeling sorry for humanity, god gave the gift of death:

"God made time and divided
it into day and night.
God outlined the road to
salvation and gave people joy.
And God took endless time
away from the people."

Perpetual suffering reintroduced through the stoppage/removal of time? That's my view on it, at least...

mikezilla2

Post by mikezilla2 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 pm

interesting find

Next

Return to Silent Hill Homecoming