Travesty

Wish me luck....am about to play this!

Post by Travesty on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:04 am

I started it ages ago but it was borrowed and never quite finished it (Ive finished all the others).....but today Im gonna be at it as I bought it on ebay....so wish me luck....any advice on what I should pack in my back pack for journey Homecoming.......? See ya later! :pirate:
You see it too? For me, it's always like this.

My site https://tulpaparanormal.wordpress.com/
and also:
Check out my Silent Hill/Lovecraft inspired you tube vids here - thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sammihi1/videos
and please subscribe!

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:18 am

Good luck, the fanbase mostly leans towards "I fucking hate this game" when it comes to HC, but I thought it was pretty good. The melee combat will take some mastering, as ammo is pretty scarce in this game. Also be sure to manage your items well, since it's easy to accidentally use health potions and upgrades when you don't want to due to the weird control system for the menus.

Gauss

Post by Gauss on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 am

Seriously though, enjoy it! Learn how to dodge, friend.
There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:48 am

My best tip is: when ya get to the police station, don't take the time to grab the health items in the front area. Those are tricks designed to back you into a corner facing 5 schisms. Just hoof it to the briefing room.

And do be careful with your item inventory menu. It's too easy to accidentally use a serum. The inventory "wheel" was a terrible design idea.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:17 pm

My best tip ....... make use of turning off your flashlight and radio. You'll be able to move around and get closer to enemies to administer heavy attacks a lot easier.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm

I can only back what everyone else has offered tips wise. Although I will add, it plays best in night when it's dark and you can use headphones on your TV.
And... it really isn't that bad! I think you might enjoy it more than you thought you would.
No results found for oohfakanorus.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Biggest tip from me: Don't be afraid to use the knife and learn the dodging techniques! There are some monsters in the game where the knife is the best weapon, not only because of how fast it is, but it prevents the monster from getting any hits on you.

Each creature has a different dodging technique that's always the same for that individual creature type. Learn these as much as you can, especially with the Dogs and Smogs!

PEACETALKER

Post by PEACETALKER on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:14 pm

The smog enemies are best to be avoided if given the opportunity. Also don't run into bosses head on for the most part, give yourself more space to observe their patterns which will help you attack and counter attack (which is almost necessary to get out of the Scarlet Witch fight with health to spare).
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:24 pm

BillMurraylives wrote:The smog enemies are best to be avoided if given the opportunity. Also don't run into bosses head on for the most part, give yourself more space to observe their patterns which will help you attack and counter attack (which is almost necessary to get out of the Scarlet Witch fight with health to spare).

Most of the time you have to kill them. You don't have to kill the first one, but the ones you meet on the street in front of the Hotel where you find the axe, have to be killed otherwise they'll drain all of your health when working on the wire puzzle. The one in the cemetery literally blocks your way from going further so you have to kill it. It also gets really annoying if you don't kill the one in the latter part of the hotel too.

Travesty

Post by Travesty on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks so much for all the advice and luck ......appreciate it! I am up to the graveyard now......Is okay so far but yeah Im thinking mastering moves etc a good idea and Im gonna be careful with items.....I love the mother in the chair shes cool...i wonder if I could cosplay her hehe....an obscure character.....on with the show..........yuck those creeper things are horrible and the claws things on their hands eeeek or is it sissors ---- 8-)

and also:
and please subscribe!

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:18 pm

If you wanna take the cheap way out...you can stun lock every common enemy with the knife (except the Siam). They didn't really think the combat through when developing it. The knife alone can carry you through about 95% of the game.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:28 pm

jam6i wrote:If you wanna take the cheap way out...you can stun lock every common enemy with the knife (except the Siam). They didn't really think the combat through when developing it. The knife alone can carry you through about 95% of the game.

But the axe looks much cooler swinging it about!

Alistair

Swooping Is Bad!

Post by Alistair on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Homecoming is a great game. I hope you enjoy it!

PEACETALKER

Post by PEACETALKER on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:08 am

Travesty wrote:Thanks so much for all the advice and luck ......appreciate it! I am up to the graveyard now......Is okay so far but yeah Im thinking mastering moves etc a good idea and Im gonna be careful with items.....I love the mother in the chair shes cool...i wonder if I could cosplay her hehe....an obscure character.....on with the show..........yuck those creeper things are horrible and the claws things on their hands eeeek or is it sissors ---- 8-)

Oh man I got so stuck in the graveyard my first playthrough because I'm an idiot and didn't realize I had to jump down to fight the dogs.
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:06 am

No need to wish you luck, maybe you'll find out that it's better than people say it is, that's what usually happens.

Travesty

Post by Travesty on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 am

Thanks guys......I will take this onboard.....weeee its sunny outside - should I go out or stay in and Silent hill it hehe...... :idea:

and also:
and please subscribe!

Travesty

Post by Travesty on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:43 am

jam6i wrote:If you wanna take the cheap way out...you can stun lock every common enemy with the knife (except the Siam). They didn't really think the combat through when developing it. The knife alone can carry you through about 95% of the game.

Could you tell me how to do this....Im still getting the hang of the moves and finding the creatures in the hotel sort of difficult to get a handle on..... :)

and also:
and please subscribe!

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Travesty wrote:

Could you tell me how to do this....Im still getting the hang of the moves and finding the creatures in the hotel sort of difficult to get a handle on..... :)

Did you pick up the axe down the alley outside the hotel? I found that's best on the Needlers. And also, don't waste your bullets on them when you are going up in the lift.

What do you think of it so far?

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:58 pm

Travesty wrote:

Basically with the knife, just keep spamming the attack button, don't stop attacking, and most enemies literally won't be able to finish their attack animations to hit you. It's cheap, but effective, lol.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:58 pm

For playing on Ps3, If you use the following combo:

X, X, X, Square

You'll lock most enemies into their inactive state. Alex will be slashing so fast, they can't get a hit in.

It only truly works for Oder Members, Needlers, Nurses, Ferals and Lurkers. Smogs, Schisms and Siams are all too dangerous to get close to, so it's recommended to just use firearms for them if you absolutely can't avoid them.

Order Members especially can't handle Alex's knife. Once you stun lock one of the members, it's very tough for them to break your cycle. And they also will kindly wait in line for their turn to be murdered by Alex. In a stunningly bad design, some enemies cannot attack Alex if he is busy with another enemy. I think this rule mostly applies to just Nurses and Order Members.

But it's pretty embarrassing (from a development perspective) to have a conga line of Order Members just patiently waiting their turn to be slashed to death by the knife of insanity.

Next

Return to Silent Hill Homecoming