Lobsel Vith

The Positives of Silent Hill Homecoming.

Post by Lobsel Vith on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:46 pm

(Note: There's a counter thread "The Negatives of Silent Hill Homecoming" in the works)

Alright guys let's use this post to talk about the good of Silent Hill Homecoming.

Rule: Please refrain from posting about how SHH is going to suck, I'm making another thread for that.

xylvestr

Post by xylvestr on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:16 pm

i dont know what positive i can put... but i am glad that the Silent Hill franchise is still going. That's something positive.

And i must say that the graphics are pretty ok (and i love a few of the monster design already).

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:18 pm

I'm really impressed with the graphics and the detail. But like I said in the other thread, I know very little other then those fifteen second game play videos and about a dozen screen shots.
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!

Floodclaw

Post by Floodclaw on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:22 pm

I like that the developers are fans of the series and are trying to produce something that really feels like Silent Hill.

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

Post by Mercury on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:15 am

I really love the fact that Alex is a war veteran and that you get a glimpse of his home life and everyone's backstory. That in itself heightens the drama and thriller vibes, giving this a movie-like feeling. I also really like the sense of freedom you're given and how twisted some of the places seem (the foggy playground for instance).
ya fuckin rite

Delirium

Head Death Guy

Post by Delirium on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:15 am

Things I like about SH:H...

Environments are neat.

It has "Silent Hill" in the name.

That's it, for now.

Lobsel Vith

Post by Lobsel Vith on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:18 am

I'm happy that they're showing paintings in more detail, which was something I missed in SH0. Seriously, I love the paintings. They make me squee.

Fungo

Silent Hill Media Master

Post by Fungo on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:58 am

Sorry about my previous post.

The game does have nice music and voice acting, so far.
I'm not sure if the story will be good, but I hope.

Although it is new to the series, I do like the combat system, despite the repetative animations. Looks fun and strategic.
The Greatest Time is now!

Parvatii

The Red God

Post by Parvatii on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:59 am

I like the fact that when you slash a monster.. Like a nurse... The cuts stay on their bodies.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Nickq2007

Post by Nickq2007 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:49 am

After recently seeing higher resolution screenshots, I must say the graphics are impressing me based on my previous expectations for them (which weren't very low to begin with)

The environments are looking great and it really makes me wonder what the story will truly be about.

Lain

Post by Lain on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:48 pm

I think it's pretty badass that it seems that there's going to be a larger percent of the game spent outdoors. I could be wrong about that, but from what I've seen, they've even got puzzles outside!

Krod

Post by Krod on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 pm

*off topic* Ho snap! TRU @ fungo!!

On topic. i think it looks pretty good. I like the dark atmosphere. It reminds me of SH2. The transition is rad. I can go on but it is getting late :lol:

Parvatii

The Red God

Post by Parvatii on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:33 pm

The positive: the sheer number of unwitting opinions coming fom people who have yet to even play the game in order to properly evaluate it.

They are entertaining.

Lain

Post by Lain on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Xuchilbara wrote:The positive: the sheer number of unwitting opinions coming fom people who have yet to even play the game in order to properly evaluate it.

They are entertaining.

Contrary to your statement, these opinions aren't unwitting. They are based upon all the information divulged about Homecoming thus far. And these opinions aren't whether they think Homecoming is good or bad. They are speculations on whether they think Homecoming will be good or bad, which are either going to be disproved or confirmed when the speculator plays Homecoming. Nobody (moderately intelligent, at least) actually has an opinion on whether or not Homecoming sucks yet, which is what your statement makes it sound like.

Back on topic:
I'm looking forward to the combat, especially if it utilizes an over-the-shoulder shooting style, similar to RE4. Might make it the first Silent Hill game where the combat is actually fun.

Parvatii

The Red God

Post by Parvatii on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:26 pm

Yaywalter wrote:
Xuchilbara wrote:The positive: the sheer number of unwitting opinions coming fom people who have yet to even play the game in order to properly evaluate it.

They are entertaining.

Contrary to your statement, these opinions aren't unwitting. They are based upon all the information divulged about Homecoming thus far. And these opinions aren't whether they think Homecoming is good or bad. They are speculations on whether they think Homecoming will be good or bad, which are either going to be disproved or confirmed when the speculator plays Homecoming. Nobody (moderately intelligent, at least) actually has an opinion on whether or not Homecoming sucks yet, which is what your statement makes it sound like.

Thats not what me and Lobsel Vith are seeing. Hence her rule of both threads.

Lain

Post by Lain on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Xuchilbara wrote:
Yaywalter wrote:

They are entertaining.

Thats not what me and Lobsel Vith are seeing. Hence her rule of both threads.

Let's discuss this elsewhere.

On-topic here, I like the fact that monsters can now chase you through different rooms, opposed to being stuck in the room they were placed in.

Floodclaw

Post by Floodclaw on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:21 am

^ Loving that, even though it was supposed to be in 0rigins :(
Also, I like that the injuries to monsters stay, like Xuch said. What if there was an invicible entity that you can damage, and those wounds stay until the end of he game?

firecrest

Post by firecrest on Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:09 am

One word: Elle.

I don't know about you, but Elle... She seems like the only thing that holds Alex's sanity together: the last straw that will make Alex either make or break. I am interested to see how Double Helix will use her character. I'd like to see supporting characters having more of an impact on our protagonists in their journey.

Besides, Elle... she's just adorably clumsy... Your next-door neighbor-type...

...I need help. :oops:

Lobsel Vith

Post by Lobsel Vith on Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:26 am

Speaking of character interactions, I'm really curious about how the branching dialogue system will go. Lately I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, which uses this quite well.

I'm anxious to see how SH:H handles it.

firecrest

Post by firecrest on Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:42 am

Lobsel Vith wrote:Speaking of character interactions, I'm really curious about how the branching dialogue system will go. Lately I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, which uses this quite well.

I'm anxious to see how SH:H handles it.

I've been kind of out of the loop. "Branching dialogue system?" Can you explain?

Next

Return to Silent Hill Homecoming