Borman

The Origins of Silent Hill Origins (Resident Evil 4 Style)

Post by Borman on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:03 am

Silent Hill Origins started life with an over-the-shoulder, Resident Evil 4 style camera. This version, by Climax LA, lived on until around October 2006, before Climax's UK studios retooled the game. Tons of concept art, gameplay footage, music, and more in my newest video.

Alternate link: http://ptoponline.com/?p=1970

Akaboci_94

Post by Akaboci_94 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:21 pm

Cool stuff, i have a magazine (Official Playstation Magazine Brazilian) from 2006 with a little preview of this version.

Borman

Post by Borman on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:27 pm

Surprised more of you were interested in the 360 port than this hah.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:49 pm

I saw you post this on the SH sub-reddit, lol. Nice video though, I love stuff like this. I think the game we ended up getting was better than what this would've turned out to be, but nevertheless this does explain a lot of the weirdness in terms of game design in the final game. Like certain areas in the final game seemed to exist for no reason. This puts it in perspective.

Rodox_Head

itsamistery

Post by Rodox_Head on Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Extraordinarily interesting!

I've always wondered why there was that cloaked person walking in the middle of the road during the intro, now I assume it was originally going to be this Mr. Twilight character. I kinda like that idea, as well as some of the others, but I felt like they took them in misguided directions. Travis as the Pyramid Head might have been interesting if it weren't for its already established history.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:03 pm

It definitely was quite interesting. I really enjoyed that video. I remember the old wonky-ass demo of Travis running around and he was fighting that shitty placeholder monster. It seemed awful bleh.

I'm very glad they moved away from a lot of that and came out with what they did. The actual Origins isn't a masterpiece but I do adore the hell out of it

Return to Silent Hill 0rigins