july

Posts: 19

Joined: Jun 15, 2014

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by july on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:20 am

I start analyse Travis Grady clothes and come up with very interesting theory. Well to put it first, he wears black cap on his head. In the night it will be more difficult to remember his face afterwards. Also Travis wears red t shirt, so if his hands will be in blood it would be harder to figure. Finaly Travis wears whithe-yellow hoodie and when again it would be easer for him to be vanish on the streets when its sunny or day.
So in the end we got a character who wears a clothes perfect for a serial killer.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Rodox_Head

Member

User avatar

itsamistery

Posts: 1250

Joined: Jan 13, 2013

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Rodox_Head on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:59 am

-Trucker hat
-Plaid flannel shirt
-Winter vest

Sounds par for the course for a majority of truck drivers.

There's a lot to dig into regarding this game (trust me), but I don't really think his attire is one of them.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

july

Posts: 19

Joined: Jun 15, 2014

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by july on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:20 am

Yeah maybe, but the color. Its just seems not right

Black to cover his face
Red to cover blood
and Yellow-white to I don't know easily disappear when its sunny from the place
 
 
 
 
 
 

Meltdown

Member

User avatar

Posts: 951

Joined: Jun 03, 2008

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Meltdown on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Are you sure you're not just running with the whole "truckers as serial killers" stereotype? I mean, that's out there, but I don't think that was the point with either Travis being a trucker or his choice of clothes in the game. His attire is sort of what you'd expect or think a trucker might have, and if anything, I think they just made him a trucker to establish him as a sort of normal, middle class worker.
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!
 
 
 
 
 

hobbes_182

User avatar

Posts: 11

Joined: Sep 05, 2014

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by hobbes_182 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:06 pm

july wrote:I start analyse Travis Grady clothes and come up with very interesting theory. Well to put it first, he wears black cap on his head. In the night it will be more difficult to remember his face afterwards. Also Travis wears red t shirt, so if his hands will be in blood it would be harder to figure. Finaly Travis wears whithe-yellow hoodie and when again it would be easer for him to be vanish on the streets when its sunny or day.
So in the end we got a character who wears a clothes perfect for a serial killer.


Good eye, I actually never noticed. He does seem completely normal, but given it's Silent Hill I wouldn't be surprised if his attire has a hidden meaning :D
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Rodox_Head

Member

User avatar

itsamistery

Posts: 1250

Joined: Jan 13, 2013

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Rodox_Head on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:29 pm

Meltdown wrote: I think they just made him a trucker to establish him as a sort of normal, middle class worker.


This is actually a major reason Travis appealed to me as a character, he just seemed the most "everyday" kind of guy compared to every other protagonist. He's just a guy trying to his job and then shit happened.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Meltdown

Member

User avatar

Posts: 951

Joined: Jun 03, 2008

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Meltdown on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:00 pm

Julian Candy wrote:
Meltdown wrote: I think they just made him a trucker to establish him as a sort of normal, middle class worker.


This is actually a major reason Travis appealed to me as a character, he just seemed the most "everyday" kind of guy compared to every other protagonist. He's just a guy trying to his job and then shit happened.
Same here. It certainly made him a more sympathetic character (I thought), just being a working class man being thrown into Silent Hill through no fault of his own. My dad is a trucker, so that might have something to do with why I appreciated Travis right off the bat lol.
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!
 
 
 
 
 

Purvakaddha

User avatar

Posts: 20

Joined: Aug 30, 2016

Location: Finland

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Purvakaddha on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:48 pm

Meltdown wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
Meltdown wrote: I think they just made him a trucker to establish him as a sort of normal, middle class worker.


This is actually a major reason Travis appealed to me as a character, he just seemed the most "everyday" kind of guy compared to every other protagonist. He's just a guy trying to his job and then shit happened.
Same here. It certainly made him a more sympathetic character (I thought), just being a working class man being thrown into Silent Hill through no fault of his own. My dad is a trucker, so that might have something to do with why I appreciated Travis right off the bat lol.


I have to agree. And my dad too was a trucker at the time when this game was released. :D I liked Travis' brusque, blunt character. It's a shame they didn't develop that further... like making a game based solely on him, not Alessa and the cult.
Embrace the bosom of the
Holy Mother.
Admit your sins and be forgiven.
Eternal tranquility can be yours.
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6294

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Otherworld on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Especially with the hinted "dark side" of Travis .....
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Purvakaddha

User avatar

Posts: 20

Joined: Aug 30, 2016

Location: Finland

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Purvakaddha on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:12 pm

Otherworld wrote:Especially with the hinted "dark side" of Travis .....


And his issues with his family. Those are the real good stuff.

Travis' clothes/costumes are the biggest reason why I have played this game many times. I still have some missing.
Embrace the bosom of the
Holy Mother.
Admit your sins and be forgiven.
Eternal tranquility can be yours.
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6294

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Otherworld on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:19 pm

Ya, it seemed like a waste of his character, as he was just a puppet really ...
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Tabris

Member

User avatar

Posts: 321

Joined: Aug 05, 2013

Location: Canada

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Tabris on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Otherworld wrote:Especially with the hinted "dark side" of Travis .....


Totally agree with this. There was some serious missed opportunity with his character and the darker aspects of his persona.

I still enjoy what we ended up with though.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Wilsden Hills

Member

User avatar

Ooh, a sheepie

Posts: 781

Joined: Nov 22, 2013

Location: United Kingdom

Travis Grady Clothes

Post by Wilsden Hills on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:02 am

His outfits are well funny, they've breathed fresh life into what I previously thought was a pretty stale game. Just finished my second ever playthrough dressed as Vincent, wondering what Vincent himself would've made of his alien abduction experience? Money not so important now eh fella? :lol:

Swiftly on the heels of this I now seem to have been thrown into an exquisite combo of 2 of my fave gaming worlds, Silent Hill having evidently drawn some dude from Call Of Duty into its misty streets. Mist? Stuff that, night vision goggles on! Horribly fast grabby patient demons with hopelessly technically inadequate QTE triggers equalling guaranteed damage, and lots of it? Stuff that, have you met my Tesla Rifle? And thus for possibly the first time ever I found myself howling with laughter at a Silent Hill game. Everything's gone green. :mrgreen:

Add the extra context supplied early in the second playthrough by my son expressing his disbelief that this was a port from a PSP game, backed up by a rant about how annoying it is that only Japanese developers seem capable of pushing hardware to its limits so effectively. A quick correction and further astonishment duly followed. Certainly helped me feel better about the game itself rather than focusing on the corporation's business acumen or how it compared with the previous PS2-specific titles. So another about-turn on a Silent Hill game. More humble pie please, just let me take this tactical helmet off first.
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....
 
 
 


Return to Silent Hill 0rigins



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest