Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

The Butcher, product of the mind of a disturbed man...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:59 am

Great video about the Butcher .....

Again, like a lot of people have said. This game does not get enough credit ....

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Post by Rodox_Head on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Only one complaint. He claims that Travis is in his forties but given that Richard died in 61, it can be assumed that he is rather in his mid to late twenties. Everything else in this video is spot on though.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Julian Candy wrote:Only one complaint. He claims that Travis is in his forties but given that Richard died in 61, it can be assumed that he is rather in his mid to late twenties. Everything else in this video is spot on though.

I always thought Travis looked older ....

Rodox_Head

Post by Rodox_Head on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:27 am

Otherworld wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:Only one complaint. He claims that Travis is in his forties but given that Richard died in 61, it can be assumed that he is rather in his mid to late twenties. Everything else in this video is spot on though.

I always thought Travis looked older ....

Yeah, he's a pretty burly looking dude. Could easily pass for older.

I also liked the thought that he may have served in the military as out there as that sounds. I always wondered exactly what they were going for by making him weapons knowledgeable. One of the weapons he can use is a service pistol after all. I just always assumed he knew about weapons because he *ahem* has experience with them. :skeptical:
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:15 am

Ya, I thought that was a good point in the video as well. As his extensive knowledge as well as the fat that he is able to use them all without any trouble at all suggests some sort of training or 1st hand experience with those weapons.

For the most part I thought the video was spot on as most of RagnarRox videos are ...

RagnarRox even gives you the option of which monster you would like him to cover next ....

Rodox_Head

Post by Rodox_Head on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:49 am

I wonder if the devs at Double Helix had that in mind when crafting Travis and Alex's encounter, probably not but it would add an extra layer of icing to the cake if it was the case.

If only Sam Barlow frequented these forums as much as Tomm, I'd love to ask him some questions about the story.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Julian Candy wrote:I wonder if the devs at Double Helix had that in mind when crafting Travis and Alex's encounter, probably not but it would add an extra layer of icing to the cake if it was the case.

If only Sam Barlow frequented these forums as much as Tomm, I'd love to ask him some questions about the story.

That makes perfect sense. As Travis would have empathy for another "solider" . It fits ....

Rodox_Head

Post by Rodox_Head on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:26 am

Otherworld wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:I wonder if the devs at Double Helix had that in mind when crafting Travis and Alex's encounter, probably not but it would add an extra layer of icing to the cake if it was the case.

That makes perfect sense. As Travis would have empathy for another "solider" . It fits ....

Not to mention Travis' first words to Alex when he wakes up.
"Bad dream?"
Something Travis has experience with as well.

That's the thing I love about Silent Hill, even if the game feels a little half-baked, it's still brimming with untapped ideas and potential.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:26 am

Julian Candy wrote:
Otherworld wrote:

Not to mention Travis' first words to Alex when he wakes up.
"Bad dream?"
Something Travis has experience with as well.

That's the thing I love about Silent Hill, even if the game feels a little half-baked, it's still brimming with untapped ideas and potential.

I have no doubt the writing for both games was very good. The developers just seemed to need much more time to refine their product. Unrealistic expectations by Konami suck the potential right out of these projects ...

Rodox_Head

Post by Rodox_Head on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:42 am

If Homecoming had gone through another script revision, it could have been a great story.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:36 am

Julian Candy wrote:If Homecoming had gone through another script revision, it could have been a great story.

I don't think it was the story that hurt the game at all. Yes it could have been a little better but it was the fact that it was just as terrible mess from the beginning and Tomm had very little time to swoop in and save the day ....

Return to Silent Hill 0rigins