Shikou

Ghost Photographer

No VITA Support?

Post by Shikou on Wed May 20, 2015 1:25 am

The other day I bought Silent Hill Origins from PSN for my VITA (via PS3). When I went to my download list on my VITA I cant even download the game for some odd reason.
http://i.imgur.com/klQGwtN.jpg

Is there a problem with Origins on the VITA? Like Glitches that would break the game? Has anybody played Origins from start to finish on the Vita?

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

No VITA Support?

Post by Otherworld on Wed May 20, 2015 10:14 am

You should contact Sony ...

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

No VITA Support?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed May 20, 2015 1:31 pm

http://alchemillahospital.net/are-sh0-a ... ta-or-not/

Did you try copying it via your Vita from your PS3 (download on PS3 first)? That's how I transferred it to my vita.
ImageImage

Shikou

Ghost Photographer

No VITA Support?

Post by Shikou on Wed May 20, 2015 11:34 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:http://alchemillahospital.net/are-sh0-and-shsm-coming-to-vita-or-not/

Did you try copying it via your Vita from your PS3 (download on PS3 first)? That's how I transferred it to my vita.

I totally forgot you could do that. Did you finish Origins from start to finish with no problems? The game suggests to play with headphones but I seem to have an audio issue that Travis's footstep sound effect cold only be heard from the right bud of my headphones and it would only come out from the right speaker of the Vita. Is this normal on the PSP/UMD version cuz Konami screwed up.

Just reading that article made me depressed a little cuz I regret not getting Origins and Shattered Memories from PSN a year ago before SM got taken down for some reason but thats all KONAMI is good for now days :/

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

No VITA Support?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu May 21, 2015 7:28 am

No, I finally got a PS2 copy in the meantime, so I've been playing Origins on PS2 because the graphics are better. I tested it a bit on the Vita but that's about it, I played for a few minutes.
ImageImage

PaulSilentin

No VITA Support?

Post by PaulSilentin on Fri May 22, 2015 6:20 am

Shikou wrote:Is there a problem with Origins on the VITA? Like Glitches that would break the game? Has anybody played Origins from start to finish on the Vita?
I played Origins on Vita TN-V and the game runs just perfect. Vita isn't PSP emulator as PPSSPP, but not native too. So this is kinda semi-hardware/software backward compatibility (100% PSP games works with full speed. Doesn't matter that you can't officially buy some of them as digital copy from PSN, they will work perfect anyway. BTW some special components might be emulated).

Shikou

Ghost Photographer

No VITA Support?

Post by Shikou on Fri May 22, 2015 9:06 am

PaulSilentin wrote:
Shikou wrote:Is there a problem with Origins on the VITA? Like Glitches that would break the game? Has anybody played Origins from start to finish on the Vita?
I played Origins on Vita TN-V and the game runs just perfect. Vita isn't PSP emulator as PPSSPP, but not native too. So this is kinda semi-hardware/software backward compatibility (100% PSP games works with full speed. Doesn't matter that you can't officially buy some of them as digital copy from PSN, they will work perfect anyway. BTW some special components might be emulated).

Does it have the weird sound issue whenever Travis walks around and the footstep sound effect only comes out of the rightside for you or on the PSP/UMD version?

Return to Silent Hill 0rigins