The Red God

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Xuchilbara on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Actually it's pretty hilly in origins.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

ERROR

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by ERROR on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:56 pm

Definitely not to the extent as in that image.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

sameday

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by sameday on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:28 am

http://img.neoseeker.com/v_concept_art.php?caid=7030
this is what I saw in the intro.and that what she look like after the accident.severe burns.from origin it looks more like they copied from the movie.

@Error good eye on that one and well said.

@mercury I never play the silent hill novel.

but don't both of them reunite from the very beginning of silent hill 1.I believe after the crash.

Borg

Ghost

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Borg on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:57 am

sameday wrote:http://img.neoseeker.com/v_concept_art.php?caid=7030
this is what I saw in the intro.and that what she look like after the accident.severe burns.from origin it looks more like they copied from the movie.

We see Alessa at the end of SH 1:

That's how she looks like, so they didn't copy it from the movie. Besides, SH 1 in game and Origins are more realistic when it comes to the burns, I don't think Alessa would look like this, especially with hair intact:

Besides, it's not even consistent, look at her in the bloopers:

Where did the burns on her face and on the chest area go?

I don't think we should take what we see in the intro and bloopers as some good evidence.

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Mercury on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:53 pm

Although it seems the cult has a place
they use for rituals, Dahlia was confident that she would be able to summon the malevolent
deity if Alessa was the surrogate mother; therefore, as it was not necessary to choose a
location, she impulsively carried out the ritual in her own basement. The ritual process
involved a great deal of fire, which consequently escalated into a conflagration. Incidentally,
there is information in the game about "six houses that burned down in the business district,"
but the actual site of the fire can't be located on the business district map. It seems the
houses were completely torn down during those seven years.
This is what makes me question the location of the house. Nothing in the business district looks like that area and it's too spaced out imo for a fire to spread that wildly, especially with the response time we see in Origins. This almost makes me want to question if "her own basement" = the other church.
ya fuckin rite

sameday

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by sameday on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:24 pm

@devil alessa.Her burns look identically in both origin and in the movie.also from those two scenes in the intro she has severe burns with bandages all around her body except her face but even then she got burn scars on her face and at the end she's wrapped up.so how does this proof anything in what origin tells us.you mention realism so It's possible for a psychic little gurl to survive being burnt to crisp but not possible to have her hair intake with servere burns? Think that over for second.

Also I didn't mention anything about the bloopers.that like trying prove the UFO ending should be taken seriously.

gothlolilunatic

Shadow Doll

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by gothlolilunatic on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:29 pm

So basically, because of this one bit in the intro movie of Silent Hill 1, we have to disregard the end of Silent Hill 1's depiction of her, and the fact the version in Origins makes more logical sense?
http://inkedblue.tumblr.com/ <---- author blog
http://authonomy.com/writing-community/profile/c324c2b8-9b3e-4dd5-b7f6-6a896fb9e810/gothlolilunatic/ <----- Authonomy profile
I can believe 6 impossible things before breakfast

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Mercury on Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:05 am

Her burns were always fairly severe. Lisa mentioned changing the bandages, but they were always infected and bleeding. Her burns were never able to heal. The only things that kept Alessa alive were things beyond her physical body. The opening also shows Alessa sitting up in bed, when in reality it was unlikely that she would be able to be so mobile or even able to be that conscious.

This is why I suggest that the opening has things that can't be taken at face value.
ya fuckin rite

Borg

Ghost

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Borg on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:44 am

^Pretty much that.

X-rust

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by X-rust on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 am

Incidentally,
there is information in the game about "six houses that burned down in the business district,"
but the actual site of the fire can't be located on the business district map. It seems the
houses were completely torn down during those seven years.

Nothing in the business district looks like that area and it's too spaced out imo for a fire to spread that wildly, especially with the response time we see in Origins.

Don't forget about one thing: look at 07:44 - 07:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZRDFMv9 ... kc&index=1
It was some kind of energy splash. Theoretically, the heat wave could reach neighboring buildings.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Otherworld on Fri May 08, 2015 3:46 pm

I have always wondered why Alessa would tell Travis what she tells him just before he saves her .....

At 6:30 of the video below .....

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Rodox_Head on Fri May 08, 2015 11:25 pm

@Otherworld
Probably because she was in extreme pain and wanted to die rather than suffer, or maybe letting her die would put a monkey wrench in Dahlia's plans.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Otherworld

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Otherworld on Sat May 09, 2015 7:44 am

That seems odds as Alessa was the reason Travis was there in the first place....

Xuchilbara

The Red God

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Xuchilbara on Sat May 09, 2015 10:24 am

It's consistent with Alessa's character. In 3, Heather examines the St.Alessa painting and say "This picture is me... I'm holding the baby and I'm the baby being held! The me that wanted death and disappeared with God 17 years ago. (Alessa) And the me here and now that sought life. (Cheryl)" The third game goes back and forth in this symbolism of the duality of Alessa. It's seen with the Memory of Alessa boss. Therefore, we can summarize the Alessa Travis sees is likely the part that still wanted existence when she leads him and the one who wants death is the one that says "let me burn".

Alessa didn't want death until she was burned. That's also consistent in 3's story telling because of the suffering she endured.

Otherworld

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Otherworld on Sat May 09, 2015 4:59 pm

^ Makes perfect sense, thanks

Nomerglass

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Nomerglass on Sun May 10, 2015 7:22 pm

It still seems odd that her "dead-wishing" half helps Travis save her by clearing his way a minute later. Like, "Okay, fine, don't let me burn, do whatever you want".

While I enjoy the opening sequence of the game, I think most of things there were done just for dramatic or gameplay reasons rather than common sense and plot value. The interior of the house, for example. If you do exactly what the game wants you to do (find Alessa and take her out quickly), it's all cool and fine. But if you let her chill on the floor a little longer, and actually explore the house, you'll see that something is really wrong with it. The house has plenty of windows on the outside, but when you go inside, you won't see any. You come across two really huge rooms which have just one door and absolutely no windows. Rooms are so huge that they literally don't fit inside the house. Also, they are located in a way that makes it impossible to enter a door in the room where Travis finds himself after falling through the floor, and emerge in the room where the exit door is (I can show why later).

And from what is shown in Origins, Alessa sure has some fire controlling powers that work both ways. Fist, she lit the candles surrounding her by sending a heat wave, then she removed the fire out of Travis' way twice. This raises a question: how could a girl with a fire managing talent let the whole burning thing happen to her?

Xuchilbara

The Red God

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Xuchilbara on Sun May 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Are you sure Alessa did THAT? When the fire clears only the Halo is seen clearing it. We don't know if that's actually her power. Even if we say it is then it's possible she had no pyromania before the fire. Heather is actually scared of fire.

I think a better question is why did Dahlia and the others run from Travis? She wants Alessa alive. Perhaps though, it has to do with the fact the priesthood is only allowed to participate and sinners aren't. It's in a document in 3.

Nomerglass

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Nomerglass on Mon May 11, 2015 6:43 am

The same Halo is seen when Alessa goes through the door in hospital's basement near the end of the game after gaining the full power. So I'm pretty sure that she did that. Who else could?
Even before the fire, she had the powers strong enough for others to call her a witch. She could make things happen with her mind and kill people by just wishing for it, according to Heather. And cause nosebleeds, according to Origins' note. But I agree, there's no clear evidence that she had this particular power before.

I thought Dahlia didn't initially plan to let Alessa survive. Her daughter was supposed to experience enough pain to give birth to God right away, as Dahlia later writes to Kaufmann about their second attempt: "This time the ritual WILL succeed!" So Travis taking Alessa out screwed her plans, and she has to keep Alessa alive for the next try. Dahlia could have prevented all this by just locking the door after leaving the house, or after Travis went in. Instead she just smirks at him and goes away, seemingly unaware of Alessa's other half guiding him and using him to collect the Flauros pieces.
And even if Dahlia wanted Travis to save Alessa for some reason, it was still very risky as he could just not make it in time (we see that the exit is blocked moments after Travis takes the girl out).

Otherworld

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Otherworld on Mon May 11, 2015 10:29 am

Doesn't Alessa gain her "full power" after she is burned ?

Doesn't that explain how she is able to do the things she can do at that moment, instead of moments before her being burned ?

Both her psychokinesis and telekinesis powers would be at the height of their power after the ritual wouldn't they ?

Nomerglass

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Nomerglass on Mon May 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Yeah, that would explain it.
But she doesn't show any extraordinary (by her standards) powers, though, as all she can do is clear the fire and make Travis faint. Alessa still needs him to get her out of the burning house and assemble Flauros. Only after that she becomes truly powerful: she starts levitating ang sends Travis to the Otherworld version of Silent Hill.
I still think there is a possibility she could've prevented herself from burning - her powers could grow in the face of a life-threatening situation. She could kill a person under normal conditions, so stopping a fire doesn't seem like such a big deal.

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill 0rigins