Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Otherworld on Mon May 11, 2015 2:24 pm

Maybe, or maybe she was weak from having to endure such pain from the burning ......

Nomerglass

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Nomerglass on Mon May 11, 2015 3:30 pm

That's possible, too. She is pretty helpless up to the moment Travis collects all the pieces of Flauros. Which could mean both that a) her powers did grow after the fire, but she couldn't use them for some time; or b) they didn't and that power boost at the end was caused entirely by Flauros. I guess we can't know for sure what exactly happened...

Lilith

Mind of Destructive Taste

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Lilith on Mon May 11, 2015 10:54 pm

Nomerglass wrote:That's possible, too. She is pretty helpless up to the moment Travis collects all the pieces of Flauros. Which could mean both that a) her powers did grow after the fire, but she couldn't use them for some time; or b) they didn't and that power boost at the end was caused entirely by Flauros. I guess we can't know for sure what exactly happened...

Your post reminded me of something. Koshiki guide book states that the more Alessa suffers, the more powers come out. So in retrospect, she does get more powerful the more she suffers.
I cease to exist on the Christmas list

Otherworld

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Otherworld on Tue May 12, 2015 10:34 am

So it makes sense that Alessa is able to not only stop the fire from harming them even further, but her being able to use Travis as a conduit, allowing him to traverse to the otherworld using the mirrors as her power would have been the strongest during the time of Origins ...

Nomerglass

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Nomerglass on Fri May 15, 2015 4:42 pm

It took a bit longer than I expected, but I made a scheme to illustrate what I said earlier about the house.
Colors on the scheme indicate the following:
Blue - 1st floor rooms
Red - 2nd floor rooms
Purple - doors, stairs, etc.
Cyan - windows
Green - player's route and key points

So let's assume Travis is facing north when he enters the house through the main door (1). Then he turns east, ascends to the second floor and enters door 2 (the placement of doorknobs there is wrong btw). After grabbing Alessa (3), he makes his way backwards but falls in the hole (4) facing south. On the first floor he goes through another room (the green crosses mark spots where the way is blocked by fire). Finally, he reaches the magical portal (5) while facing north, and it takes him to the room where he started his way, turning him to the west in the process.

Oh, and the yellow frame shows the real size of the house as seen from outside, with (6) marking the fire on the second floor.

Otherworld

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Otherworld on Fri May 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Pretty good map. I can't explain the portal door. Are you sure Travis is facing the way he is when he falls through the floor after saving Alessa? Maybe the camera angle changes...

Nomerglass

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Nomerglass on Sat May 16, 2015 4:39 am

Yes. You can see the table (above the hole on the map) is behind his back at 6:53

Otherworld

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Otherworld on Sat May 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Haha, no real explanation of what happened other than Climax fucked up....

Yet there have been portal doors in other Silent Hill games. But I doubt door number 5 is one of them..

Nomerglass

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Nomerglass on Sat May 16, 2015 2:54 pm

They fucked up several times in this game, actually.
REVEAL SPOILER
The maps are contradicting each other. Alchemilla hospital, for example, is two times bigger on the town's map than on it's own map:

And then there's that exit on the bottom of the map (which is absent in SH1) that is facing south, but when Travis exits the hospital... he's facing east!

Or this map of Sanitarium that has "west" and "east" solariums that should be called "north" and "south" instead (look at this building on the town's map);

Or the streets layout on the alternate town's map that contradicts Origins' map but (almost) matches SH1's:

Otherworld

The Gillespie House Fire

Post by Otherworld on Sat May 16, 2015 9:56 pm

From what I recall, Origins was put together quite quickly. Seems, in their haste, they did not pay attention to the details....

Previous

Return to Silent Hill 0rigins