Borg

Ghost

Silent Hill 0rigins is missing something

Post by Borg on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:19 am

Guys, guys, this thread can be finally closed because I found the answer to the OP's question. Origins is indeed missing something, it's missing "O" in the thread title, that's "0" there.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:22 am

Another mystery solved gang, good job devil hunter. :P
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:57 am

Good job. But now I feel like I've wasted many, many words in this thread. Joy quickly devolves into mania.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Borg

Ghost

Post by Borg on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:25 am

What have I done D:

MuFc l mAtt

Post by MuFc l mAtt on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:21 pm

I've really enjoyed the game so far, and up to this point have found it just as terrifying and otherworldly as any of the others. I've just finished the Theater and found myself sweating profusely throughout; a nice image for you there, but shit got to me, especially the puppets/Ariels. :?
-

kratoscar2008

Post by kratoscar2008 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:44 am

I stopped playing this because of reasons i cant quite recall (I was enjoying it so its not that i dont like it), this thread remembers me i must play Origins.

Guerilla

Post by Guerilla on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:18 pm

It did lack in genuine attempts to unnerve and scare the player. But despite that, it still had thay Silent Hill vibe to it.

PEACETALKER

Post by PEACETALKER on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Does anyone find it weird that Travis has appeared outside of his own game as often that he does?
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN

Guerilla

Post by Guerilla on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Eh, I'm not complaining. His characterization may have been cliche and handled poorly within an already sloppy story, but there's something about him that just makes me really like him. More so than Harry which I did not expect to happen.

It's also kind of nice to see that he was one of the few people to survive, move on, and make a cameo indicating (subtly) that everything is fine in his life. Wish he had a more significant role in Book of Memories' joke ending though.

Leonard Wolf

Just another resident of Silent Hill

Post by Leonard Wolf on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:41 pm

In my opinion, only what is missing in this game is more ammo and health items, the lack of these stuff disturbed me a lot throughout the game and because of it I couldn't enjoy the game as much as I'd like.
I mean, only because there are a lot of melee weapons scattered throughout the game is not a reason to there be so few firearms and so little ammunition for them, since I at least think firearms are better and stronger than melee weapons, not to mention that in almost everytime I tried to hit or kill a monster with a melee weapon, the bastards inflicted me a lot of damage, since to hit them with melee weapons you need to get close to them.

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:08 am

I think Travis confronting and accepting his past as a serial killer. As many people have pointed out in the threads of this forum, there is substantial evidence in the game implicating Travis to indeed be a serial killer yet in the good ending it is never shown him recognising this directly.

I wish they had him conquer this because I believe they used this as a premise for his truck to appear in Silent Hill in SH Homecoming, indicating he hasn't overcome his past demons. I feel like this was an act of injustice to Travis because he deserved a peaceful ending, cause he genuinely cared for Alessa (even though she did infuriate him) from the onset (when she was burned in the gillepsie house) to the good ending when he sees her in the rearview mirror.

That said, perhaps when he reset the mileage on his odometer it symbolised a fresh start for him in every sense.

Pieramid_Head

The Pie to Rule All the Pyramids

Post by Pieramid_Head on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:08 pm

I very much agree with this...
There was a PIE here.
It's PYRAMID now.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill 0rigins