Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Silent Hill is not a vacuum.

Let Me Burn...

Post by 21121 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:42 pm

What if it was?

I know it's not really a valid point, but still it is there. I mean even Sh2 atleast had a primitve Halo ofthe Sun in it.

Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:44 pm

God, not this again.

If we have to go this route, then Claudia and Alessa were never childhood friends. Why?

Because Claudia was never mentioned in SH1! Therefore she didn't exist.

NightFlutter

Prodigal Son?!

Let Me Burn...

Post by NightFlutter on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:55 pm

Lobsel Vith wrote:God, not this again.

If we have to go this route, then Claudia and Alessa were never childhood friends. Why?

If I haven't seen it...it's new to me.
"I've nurtured every sensation man's been inspired to have. I cared about what he wanted and I never judged him. Why? Because I never rejected him. In spite of all his imperfections, I'm a fan of man! I'm a humanist. Maybe the last humanist."

Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Do I really need to write an essay explaining why Silent Hill isn't a vacuum? Just because the Halo of the Sun wasn't seen in SH1, doesn't mean that it never existed in Silent Hill.

I mean, we see the Halo of the Sun in the final stage of SH3, and it was revealed that Alessa used to go to that church, and no doubt to that same room.

Also the paintings of the myth story were done sometime in the 18th - 19th century.

Honestly, just because something doesn't actually appear in one game, doesn't mean it never existed.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Let Me Burn...

Post by Xuchilbara on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:33 pm

^ To true.

Alot of things in the storyline would be invalid if we went by that standard.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:42 pm

And plus, if SH were a vacuum, then the only game that could actually be considered canon would be SH1.

Let Me Burn...

Post by 21121 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:41 pm

Lobsel Vith wrote:God, not this again.

Not nessesarily. There is no point of mentioning Claudia. You learn very little directly from Alessa. So it's not surprisingly.

Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:38 am

The fact is, we see Halo of the Suns everywhere in the church in SH3. We also learn that Alessa herself worshiped in this church as a child, before the burning.

Thus, the Halo of the Sun existed before the events of SH1, and before the events of SH0.

Let Me Burn...

Post by 21121 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 pm

It's assumed Dahlia created the Halo right? Mainly because it has her name in it.

I wonder why it was so easily accepted in the cult.

Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:03 pm

That's a theory, but it was never considered a widely accepted fact.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Let Me Burn...

Post by Xuchilbara on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Lobsel Vith wrote:I didn't say that Alessa drew the HotS that we see in SH0. I was actually referring to the childish drawing of the Halo of the Sun, seen in Alessa's bedroom, in Silent Hill 3.

But see this was all done before the ritual. (which leads me to some questions that are OT to what we are debatign about.)

I'm doubting the God just mysteriously has little or no involvement in origins here.

Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Ok first of all, what you just quoted, had absolutely nothing to do with what you said, and you know it.

Also I never said that God wasn't involved in SH0, what I'm arguing is your unfounded theory that only God can control the HotS, or that God was the one who used the HotS to let Travis out.

Sorry, but I call BS on that. And I feel that the God would have kept Alessa trapped inside.

Also, it's ironic how you keep insisting that the God used the HotS, but yet you won't answer why Alessa uses it herself towards the end of the game. Or, is it because that scene sort of negates your view, and so you feel the need to ignore it?

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Let Me Burn...

Post by Xuchilbara on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:21 pm

I need to replay the game. I do feel that the God is maybe having something to do w/ Alessa's powers. (Only beat it once.)

Although now that i think of the very beginning scene. You may be right. Because Alessa lures travis to discover herself.

Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:28 pm

I'm actually starting to think that the whole idea of birthing God, (as according to the sect of the Holy Woman.) is just a way to make their Holy Woman more powerful.

Mainly, because I'm starting to notice that the God might not have even given Alessa any new powers.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Let Me Burn...

Post by Xuchilbara on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:42 pm

I have a question.. IN *theory* would Alessa have lost some power because of her soul split and becoming Cheryl in this case?

This is the general consenous I'd think, but I'd really like to hear your thoughs on it.

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

Let Me Burn...

Post by Mercury on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:42 pm

I thought that was already pointed out before:

By merging with Cheryl, Alessa (at her actual age)
was reborn from her severe burns, broke the spell that Dahlia and the cult's priests had used to
bind her, and took action. After uniting, Alessa had acquired psychic powers such as teleportation--
powers that she had always possessed.

Alessa wasn't whole, so she wasn't able to use her power to it's full extent. Once Cheryl reunited, Alessa regained her powers; old self (no burns); and old powers which she hadn't realized were there.
ya fuckin rite

Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:06 pm

to answer Xuchil's question--A part of me doubts it. We know that Lisa experiences nightmarish visions. SH0 did show that Alessa can piggyback on the minds of those mentally weaker than herself. I believe, this is in fact a fancy way of saying that she has telepathy. I have also read that those with very strong telepathic abilities, can look deep inside of the mind of people, bring out their repressed fears, worst nightmares.

They can also create illusions based off of these nightmares.

She also had the ability to astral project even after being split from Cheryl.

I believe her power remained. In fact, I would venture a guess that Alessa contained all of the power, and the God; where as Cheryl was the half who could actually move around and enjoy life, but who had no powers.

Let Me Burn...

Post by 21121 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:50 am

I assume she lost some of her power.

Once said to be able to "Kill someone just by wishing it" she's stuck in a bed unable to move? Yes, yes she's in considerable pain, but still.

She can mess with Lisa's mind but can't seem to MAKE her do anything, to me this means shes lost some power.

Lobsel Vith

Let Me Burn...

Post by Lobsel Vith on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:23 pm

But it's never stated anywhere in the game or any of the guides or any of the creator commentary. Also the fact that Cheryl displays no powers, says to me that Alessa didn't lose any powers. I just think she couldn't use some of them, because she wasn't complete.

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill 0rigins