Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Silent Hill 4: The Room or (Horror ≠ Fun)

Post by Otherworld on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:35 pm

I know we are not very found of this guy but I think this is worth posting ...

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 pm

One of the things I never understood about the criticisms of this game is how we were all "peeping toms" for looking at Eileen...for me it wasn't about being a perv about it. I was genuinely checking on her to see if she was alright. Especially when the game gave you cues to go check on her...:coffee:
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:23 pm

I felt the same about Eileen. I wanted to make sure she was OK.

Tenebra

... I meant everything.

Post by Tenebra on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:39 pm

So there was no pervert among all of you?

Seriously now at first I just wanted what she was doing, If she would give me a clue or something that might be of interest, only within the last stages of the game I wanted to check if she was okay.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:22 pm

Renacimiento wrote:So there was no pervert among all of you?

Seriously now at first I just wanted what she was doing, If she would give me a clue or something that might be of interest, only within the last stages of the game I wanted to check if she was okay.

Eileen being an attractive women didn't hurt...

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:54 pm

It's not like a spent hours looking or anything. :oops: No, I didn't, A lot of the time she was brushing her apartment.
Worse was when she was watching TV and laughing and clapping! That killed a lot of romantic feelings for her!
I mean, can you imagine against all odds you manage to go on a date with her and in a crowded public place she did that? And you're standing beside her and everyone's looking at her and then you?
Ground can't swallow me up quick enough! :)
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Tenebra

... I meant everything.

Post by Tenebra on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:11 am

Otherworld wrote:
Eileen being an attractive women didn't hurt...

Yes, I know.

Oohfakanorus wrote:It's not like a spent hours looking or anything. :oops: No, I didn't, A lot of the time she was brushing her apartment.

Well, I admit I spent much time looking at her, and I'm not ashamed.

Worse was when she was watching TV and laughing and clapping! That killed a lot of romantic feelings for her!
I mean, can you imagine against all odds you manage to go on a date with her and in a crowded public place she did that? And you're standing beside her and everyone's looking at her and then you?

You mean...

I would have no problem with that. She is unique in her way of being, so what others may say or think about her particular way of being, I would not mind at all

firecrest

Post by firecrest on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:24 am

I'm reminded of an interview where Naomi Hara, the character designer, said that she designed Eileen to be the least cute female in the series, giving her chubbier legs and a larger behind. Eileen's attractiveness seems to have been unintended.

That said, I think the peeping hole can serve as a game mechanic for the players to care about Eileen like some of you guys felt. In Silent Hill 2, visiting Maria frequently would get you the Maria ending where the game assumes that you care about Maria. Though I can't deny that the creators intended for some voyeuristic element, I don't think that was its sole purpose.

For me, I liked how the creators used the peeping hole to develop Eileen's character. Though you can catch Eileen at inopportune moments, most of what she does is fairly mundane. Everytime you look into the peeping hole, you learn a little more about her personality traits and a bit of her background. This is in contrast to the usual character development in the series, where it's done through dialog and memos.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:53 am

firecrest wrote:I'm reminded of an interview where Naomi Hara, the character designer, said that she designed Eileen to be the least cute female in the series, giving her chubbier legs and a larger behind. Eileen's attractiveness seems to have been unintended.

That said, I think the peeping hole can serve as a game mechanic for the players to care about Eileen like some of you guys felt. In Silent Hill 2, visiting Maria frequently would get you the Maria ending where the game assumes that you care about Maria. Though I can't deny that the creators intended for some voyeuristic element, I don't think that was its sole purpose.

For me, I liked how the creators used the peeping hole to develop Eileen's character. Though you can catch Eileen at inopportune moments, most of what she does is fairly mundane. Everytime you look into the peeping hole, you learn a little more about her personality traits and a bit of her background. This is in contrast to the usual character development in the series, where it's done through dialog and memos.

i agree with all of this, but for anyone to say that Eileen was intentionally made to look less attractive is a head scratcher to me....

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:49 am

Funny, I don't find Cynthia attractive and she's acting all flirty........maybe they unintentionally made her unattractive? :P

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:14 pm

^lol. Both seem pretty easy on the eyes to me .....

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Ehh...I dunno, she always gave me a weird vibe, can't explain it, I get the same vibe from Maria. Maybe Team Silent just fails to make persons attractive and they make the opposite with unattractive ones, it's evident from Eileen that she can't sleep well, because of the eyes, she seems tired and Heather has the same look, that's it, they must've tried to make her look unattractive as well!

REVEAL SPOILER
I'm joking with those last parts of course.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Ya, Lisa is just another example of Team Silent and thier unattractive women ...

REVEAL SPOILER

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Yeah I never found Cynthia attractive either. It's mostly because of her demeanor and personality, just not into those types I guess lol.

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Not sure if you were sarcastic but I don't find Lisa attractive in that comic haha, her breasts are too big, it just looks weird.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:04 pm

devil hunter wrote:Not sure if you were sarcastic but I don't find Lisa attractive in that comic haha, her breasts are too big, it just looks weird.

I was being sarcastic... Lol. In the comic Lisa is portrayed as even more voluptuous than in the game.

That's all I meant. And hey, to each their own. :coffee:

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm reminded of an interview where Naomi Hara, the character designer, said that she designed Eileen to be the least cute female in the series, giving her chubbier legs and a larger behind. Eileen's attractiveness seems to have been unintended.

Yeah..if that was their intention then they misfired...thick legs and larger a$$?..pshhh that's right up my alley!.... 8-) .....I like my women with some meat on them and some nice bubbles in the back yard....:brows:.....as far as lisa is concerned?..heh she's nice too, but that anime comic with those big breasts makes her seem like a bimbo.....the very first Lisa from SH1 was a cutie too.

I guess most Asians feel big-ass and thick legs are unattractive....for awhile it's always been a preference for women to be skinny...movies/models..etc....but I never liked how skinny women looked....they just look unhealthy....sheeit!... eat some Big-Macs or Whoppers and put some meat on that a$$!
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:36 pm

clips7 wrote:One of the things I never understood about the criticisms of this game is how we were all "peeping toms" for looking at Eileen...for me it wasn't about being a perv about it. I was genuinely checking on her to see if she was alright. Especially when the game gave you cues to go check on her...:coffee:

This. I thought it was interesting way of doing that in the game, actually; I appreciated it. It's one of the little things that SH4 did differently, and I thought it helped with the sense of immersion in the game, also.

Oohfakanorus wrote:.

Lol! I know, right?

Yeah, wow, that's a big fail on their part then, trying to make her unattractive. And how does that fit in with the alternate costume with the extra tit-bounciness? :lol: I certainly thought she was cuter than Cynthia.
ImageImage

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Naroon wrote:Yeah I never found Cynthia attractive either. It's mostly because of her demeanor and personality, just not into those types I guess lol.

What you said and her looks were a major turn-off too imo.

Actually, I'm not sure if it's just a weird pic or something, but if you edit the lips, torso, nails and hair a little she can look like a man.

Am I the only one who thinks Eileen looks better when she's not wearing this dress and all the make up?

Last edited by devil hunter on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:35 pm.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Nah, I think Eileen looks better without the makeup and dress as well. I liked the casual girl-next-door look she has with her default outfit.

Return to Silent Hill 4: The Room