clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

PT, the next Silent Hill 4

Post by clips7 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:45 pm

I didn't mind that SH4 didn't go SH eventually...the title did say SH4.."The Room"..meaning that SH is taking place in...drumroll............."THE ROOM".....haha....no i'm sure nobody was thinking like that.

Ultimately, tho....I don't have an issue, but the game is called SH for a reason. Any game that takes place in some other location at some point should have you coming back to the town. And it doesn't really have to be an issue of visiting the same areas over and over again simply because every individual character's representation of what they envision of the town itself can be warped through their unique vision of the otherworld.

It's true that some locales have to remain absolute (like the hospital, school..etc)...but other areas (otherworld levels) can be completely foreign due to each individual characters mental. I would go as far as to say that you can even possibly re-shape the fog world of the town as well since you have roads that are broken off and other obscure and abstract elements happening within the town.

It's like sometimes when I dream about a specific place, like an amusement park or building, those areas in my dream might not be exactly as I remember them in reality. They may have portions of how that place actually exists and it might have elements of other places that I might have visited...like the amusement park might have elements of a local or county fair that I visited in the past...or something along those lines...it's why I love this franchise...the rules are so loose that you can really be creative with creating environments and otherworld elements.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:05 am

Waiting for some spazz nerd to pop in and say something like "I hate to be that guy but technically you do go to Silent Hill in The Room when you visit the forest level".

Oh shit.

I just said it.

Crap.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:43 am

jam6i wrote:Waiting for some spazz nerd to pop in and say something like "I hate to be that guy but technically you do go to Silent Hill in The Room when you visit the forest level".

Oh shit.

I just said it.

Crap.

Gonna Spazz Nerd out here as well and say that all the places you visit in SH4 are constructed by Walter, so I don't think we ever really end up in Silent Hill .....

Sartori

Post by Sartori on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:36 am

Yeah, I got the feeling that PT was extremely related to SH4 compared to other titles. The fetus, first-person perspective, ghost, holes, and the bathroom all reminded me of SH4.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill 4: The Room