I'm going to town either way ...

TRSHE Supplementary: Silent Hill 4 Revisited

Post by Otherworld on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:37 pm

They admit they were wrong in this video ..... sort of ... lol

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:22 pm

lol. I can't watch it now because I am working, but I will watch it later. But I recall a lot of general confusion on this issue, if it's about the beginnings of SH4. Not something I ever really gave a shit about, I have to admit.
ImageImageImage

Alex Townshend

Post by Alex Townshend on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:32 am

It's not an entirely bad video, it has some interesting alternative interpretations.
HOWEVER, Twin Perfect is STILL pushing their interpretations as facts, so you should take it with salt.

1:06 - Aki saying it was not meant to be a "Silent Hill" could mean that it was not meant to be a Silent Hill in the traditional flashlight-radio-darkness-gameplay sense.

There are still two sources saying they wanted to make a sequel after 3, and another saying SH4 was intended to be a proper sequel to the series. Yes, it probably didn't start out as an official Silent Hill game, but while people who claim SH4 was always intended to be a Silent Hill game may be wrong, those who claim that Silent Hill 4 had NOTHING to do with Silent Hill during its initial creation are also wrong. At the very least, Silent Hill 4 was always meant to be *connected* and *inspired* by the series.

-You could interpret a nightmare/dream world as still being another parallel world/universe/mental dimension. It's all semantics. Although it's not a typical "dream", things are still very "real" in it, on another plane of existence, or else no one would be able to die in it. Saying that Walter's world is a LITERAL DREAM is speculation.

At 4:30, they are again, pushing their own interpretation as facts. The memo clearly says Walter "built" a world, not "imagined" one as a dream.

When Henry meets Eileen in the Hospital World, he says "If you get killed here, then you die in the real world, too.", implying that the Otherworld is not a literal dream, and that it still has some reality and physical existence as a basis, and that it's not purely mental. In addition, Eileen may say, "I'm in too much pain for it to be a dream! Plus I can see you so clearly."

6:30 "Nobody is walking into a parrallel universe" - Stating their interpretation as fact.

7:40 'this describes the nightmare being projected onto reality" - Stating their interpretation as fact.

9:05 - Strawman. I don't recall ANYONE saying that Dahlia intended to "sabotage" his ritual. As seen in-game, there's a memo in Wish House asking for Walter's progress and asking if they found Alessa yet, implying the Order worked in conjunction.

9:55 - "Dahlia was trying to tell Walter that his mother was dead and buried in Ashfield" WHAT? Pushing interpretation as facts. Also, there is NO evidence Dahlia even mentioned Nakheehona to Walter. All Dahlia told Walter was his mother was asleep in Ashfield.

12:15 - It's not necessarily a retcon, there can be a hundred rituals to resurrect God.

12:37 - Disses Silent Hill WIki, yet uses our information in their video. Riiiight.

The rest of the video is just rejecting official additional information.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Ya, to say that Walters world is a literal "dream world" does not add up in my books ....

Trauma

Resident Dickbutt

Post by Trauma on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:15 pm

I want to know where on earth they got the idea that Walter thought the stone was his mother...
Last edited by Trauma on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:25 pm.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:07 am

Trauma wrote:I want to know where on earth they got the idea that Walter thought the stone was his mother...

PMS_Akali

Post by PMS_Akali on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:57 pm

I didn't mind the video I guess. I feel like most of TP's hatred goes a little overboard. They do have some decent points once in a while. I also feel like people take their opinions as facts a little unfairly. They pretty clearly show everything they say is opinion. I don't know why people think they're trying to spew everything as fact. I guess admitting they messed up is actually a pretty brave thing to do. Especially since no one else on the internet would.

TL;DR: I liked TP back in the day when they made some decent videos. Now they kind of....fail.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:30 am

Wow, those dorks are still at it? Haha, wow...

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:08 am

18 minutes of "we have run out of ideas for content so we're reviving an old video and slapping new stuff on it now please continue supporting us on Patreon we want your money."

The irony here is that TP have become Konami. Asking for money and producing either content the fans don't want or not producing anything at all, while every so often digging up an old product as a half-assed "here you go" effort.

No lie. Check out their video list. It's embarrassing for someone who asks people for money.

Since Silent Hills was announced, TP has produced:

-3 Silent Hills "news" shorts
-2 videos promoting their dumb website (one being just 8 seconds long)
-1 video asking for Patreon donations
-1 mix video of a deadly premonition stream
-1 movie review of a film called Perfume
-1 video about overtired horror games like FNAF
-3 short reviews of dumb Christmas films
-Silent Hill 4 revisited video

That is pathetic. Yet they still want your money.

On the flipside you have Fungo, which in the same time span has produced around 80 videos. It's too many to list out, but it includes news on Silent Hills, Easter eggs/secrets in P.T., reviews and guides for The Evil Within, reviews for other games, a ton of guides and walkthroughs for BloodBorne, and of course a Silent Hill 2 lp with Guy Cihi, along with various miscellaneous video content spread throughout.

As a content provider Fungo is at least doing it right, compared to those idiots at TP.

(Yes. I watched the full SH4 revisited video. Read my description at the top. That's what it felt like.)

Myself having made a number of videos like this, I appreciate their production quality. The content not so much.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

Post by Crystopsy on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:24 am

Naroon wrote:Wow, those dorks are still at it? Haha, wow...

Damn it, man. You beat me to it.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:13 pm

At it again ...... still .....

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:56 pm

I just can't fathom how anybody can even have the drive to keep this shit up for so long.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:53 am

I'll predict it now: Tomm sucks. He is the worst. He killed Silent Hill. He's arrogant. He's full of himself blah blah blah.

Oh, and a game review.

Now off to watch and see if I'm right.

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Post by Princess Kenny on Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:37 pm

They just made a part 2 that is 76 minutes long. Bruh I'm done.

The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Still trying to get through it.

Man, this board is dead.

And Silent Hill is dead.

Man. F*ck Konami, right?

Just sell it, Konami. It doesn't have to die out like this.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:24 pm

jam6i wrote:Still trying to get through it.

Man, this board is dead.

And Silent Hill is dead.

Man. F*ck Konami, right?

Just sell it, Konami. It doesn't have to die out like this.

The same will happen to MGS

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 am

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get a new Silent Hill game soon enough. This board will be thriving again in no time!

It'll be Silent Hill: Persistence. Y'see, at a zoo somewhere east of Lakeside Amusement Park, some evil corporation or something tainted all the animal food with some evil goop. So now all the animals are evil, and tainted, and mutated somehow. And they've escaped. Players will control one of four potential ambiguous and ill-defined agents with no backstory, and try to PERSIST against the impending evil animal threat for as long as they can.

I mean, that's a great way to win back our trust, and Konami knows it. I can't wait to spend egregious sums of money on unnecessary digital content purchased via the convenient in-game micro-transaction store. Why go pick up an Ampoule in a decrepit locker somewhere when I can just pay real-world money to get one instead?

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:44 am

Konami is a joke....after MGS5 ( i never purchased the game, because...well i heard it wasn't that good...not a knock against kojima) which i'm sure had high production values, they turn around and give us MGS survive, that uses the in-house Fox Engine.

With all of the controversy surrounding the cancellation of P.T./SH's, you' think these fools would be hard at work giving us another SH game. Even if the game itself would not be on the quality level of P.T......at least visually the game would have been solid due to the FOX Engine.....

Just looking at MGS Survive just wreaks of upper management looking for a quick cash-in on the MGS franchise. They are not serious about making another solid SH game. If they do make another SH game, prepare for it to be within the same tone as RE Racoon City, where you are running through poorly made maps blasting nurses, PH's and other creatures from the franchise.

It just really feels like these guys in the suits upstairs are running their gaming division.....unbelievable after all this time, MGS survive is the best this company can come up with....:coffee:
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:40 am

After Kojima's departure Konami can officially shit on all of their ip's now. MGS has officially got the Konami corporate elbow.

[

DipDop

Post by DipDop on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:03 am

Wow, they're just now reviewing Book of Memories?

I assume it's just the usual of "Tomm is evil" and yadda yadda, right? And yes...it's sad to see the state of the SH community these days. I remember how active it used to be just 4 years ago...

Return to Silent Hill 4: The Room