Anna

nur_en_teir (sp?) used to have all the texture files.

Post by Anna on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:56 pm

...available at the Valtiel's Silent Hill site, but suddenly that site seems to only lead to a messageboard. I'm already on this messageboard, so I don't really feel a need to join another. However, I was working on a project and I really wanted some of those textures. Does anyone have them or know where to find them?

Mercury

Post by Mercury on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:21 am

The textures on her forum are all she has. I've been waiting a while for some Eileen and Richard textures, but I don't know when she'll rip them.
ya fuckin rite

Anna

Post by Anna on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:32 am

I'm pretty much looking for the walls and such. A friend has one of those house building programs, and I can add any design I want. So as many before me on Second Life and Sims and so forth have done, I am going to build a little Silent Hill. :)

Bronze Fox

That was longer than a heart beat.

Post by Bronze Fox on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:18 pm

Oh neat! :D I know there's one on there but some people say they can't get in it. Post pics if you make it, pwease. :pinkhi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGBm0mWzh3c
There is a better world. Well, there must be.

The Fever

Post by The Fever on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Regarding the core Web site (this is when visiting every Silent Hill fan site bi-daily basis helps), it was donated to someone, who in return replaced it with an irreverent video game clan Web site (how pathetic), thereby terminating (as far as I know) her Silent Hill fan site.

Mercury

Post by Mercury on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:54 pm

ya fuckin rite

Anna

Post by Anna on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:48 pm

That's rather a pity. And the big British site, the Silent Hill Forum and all it's pic files and such, is it still down as well? I hope they come back!

I may have to start gathering pics and stuffing them in a photobucket or someodd, make a site of my own when I have some free time.

I know if one is hosting a site they pay for it gets hard to maintain, but I just think sites dedicated to old games, such as this series and a few others I am fond of to this day is an important task.

The world changes so quickly, as does the web, and as does technology. If we don't remember this stuff, who will?

The Fever

Post by The Fever on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:49 pm

Many Silent Hill Web sites have collapsed before and will continue beyond the lifespan of the franchise. There is just one exception- the Silent Hill Fever Universe.

Perhaps we should go from "Becoming The Most Recognized Name In Silent Hill" to "Outliving the rest". :lol:

Tlaloc

Post by Tlaloc on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:12 pm

I haven't seen Nur on this site that much. If you want I can intervene and PM here on SHV forums where I see her the most.

Anna

Post by Anna on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:52 pm

That would be good if you could. I tried joining the BB there after all, but it was in admin only mode, and I don't really want to join the new one if it's not as good.

I don't really want to join another forum to begin with, actually! Hard enough keeping up with this one, haha! :oops: But I'm just not finding some of the screencaps that I would like. :|

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:23 am

The Fever wrote:Many Silent Hill Web sites have collapsed before and will continue beyond the lifespan of the franchise. There is just one exception- the Silent Hill Fever Universe.

Perhaps we should go from "Becoming The Most Recognized Name In Silent Hill" to "Outliving the rest". :lol:

My site has actually never been down, ever, since 1999, so I wouldn't say it has collapsed. It has just been on several different domains.

All the texture files are still available at http://alchemillahospital.net/ in the "modding section," including complete rips from sh1, 2, 3, and 4, and some from shh and shsm.

The old board was in admin-only mode to keep people from signing up, since the new board is at:
http://circleofdestruction.net/vshs
ImageImageImage

The Fever

Post by The Fever on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:26 pm

The Fever wrote:Regarding the core Web site, it was donated to someone, who in return replaced it with an irreverent video game clan Web site (how pathetic), thereby terminating (as far as I know) her Silent Hill fan site.

What I stated was true. I do not recall the former Web address in question, but it had once been the primary URL for Valtiel's Silent Hill Site, and some individual claiming ties to you stated he/she was managing the Web site there-on-out. Some weeks latter, it was amended to accompany this individual's personal clan Web presence for an unrelated game.

This happened so long ago I cannot recall any details beyond what I just stated. For all I know, this person could have been an impostor (can you verify this). Obviously Valtiel's Silent Hill Site succeeded with a new Web address and, as you stated, has been actively online for the better part of a decade.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:38 pm

The Fever wrote:
The Fever wrote:Regarding the core Web site, it was donated to someone, who in return replaced it with an irreverent video game clan Web site (how pathetic), thereby terminating (as far as I know) her Silent Hill fan site.

What I stated was true. I do not recall the former Web address in question, but it had once been the primary URL for Valtiel's Silent Hill Site, and some individual claiming ties to you stated he/she was managing the Web site there-on-out. Some weeks latter, it was amended to accompany this individual's personal clan Web presence for an unrelated game.

This happened so long ago I cannot recall any details beyond what I just stated. For all I know, this person could have been an impostor (can you verify this). Obviously Valtiel's Silent Hill Site succeeded with a new Web address and, as you stated, has been actively online for the better part of a decade.

Game clan website? I'm not 100% sure I remember this. I considered letting it go a while back due to being out of the country and having no time for it, talked to some people, but never actually deleted the thing. It's been on domains I have owned since 99 or 2000, before that it was on angelfire. I didn't buy a domain specifically for the SH site until this year though (all the good ones were taken!), and that's what it's moved around a lot. Was on my horror movies site on a subdomain for several years, was on amybalot.com for a while (which was on a windows server and I just decided to ditch the whole thing), then on my music reviews site for 2 years (circleofdestruction.net) and now at alchemillahospital.net. I vaguely recall sending a couple zip files to some dude who wanted content, but I don't know if he ever did anything with them, that must be the guy you're talking about. Had the site direct to the forum for a while since I rarely updated it in those days. I put up a page with some of the hideous old layouts and URLs here: http://alchemillahospital.net/about-the-site/ so feel free to laugh at those...

I had forwarders working from the amybalot.com site for a while, but I let it expire. The forwarders on the circleofdestruction.net/silenthill site will continue to forward to the new site, though.It's been a large headache, yeah, but just saying that I pretty much have everything moved there and reuploaded and so on and so forth. I don't doubt it's been difficult to follow though.

Regarding the texture files though, I had a coppermine gallery up so you could browse them and search, but the stupid thing kept corrupting my images. I decided to just put them in the galleries on the main site as zip files, mostly, now. Not as convenient for searching, but at least the files aren't corrupted.
ImageImageImage

The Fever

Post by The Fever on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Okay, I dug through my daunting archives and I am pretty sure now it was z23media.co.uk, which one of your domain names redirected to when you were residing in Germany. It was originally a continuation of Valtiel's Silent Hill Site, but sometime latter it became a fan site for another video game. z23 is on the Web site's forum so you can ask him directly, if he remembers this fiasco.

nur_ein_tier wrote:I'm not 100% sure I remember this.

I guess this makes me Valtiel's Silent Hill Site's #1 visitor. :P Actually, I stay on-top of all Silent Hill fan creations as much as Silent Hill works themself. In a day or two I will be pushing out an updated SH fan site database.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Haha. Yes, now I recall. I was just unable to update things, so I posted on the forums that I might be abandoning it for a while. This is when it was on amybalot.com/silenthill. z23 said he'd consider continuing it, and I did in fact email him some zip files, but as you observed, his site turned into some unrelated thing, at which point I probably returned, bought circleofdestruction.net, and put the updated site there. The main URL at the time redirected to his site, but then I saw that it was not related to the material I sent him, so I changed it back and/or moved to another URL. So basically, yes, he briefly said he'd take over the site, but then changed his mind, and i took it back and began updating again.

Trying to keep my redirects where possible. I let amybalot.com expire, I am meaning to make the old zombiegirlsonline subdirectory redirect to alchemillahospital.net, but haven't yet. I plan on keeping circleofdestruction.net so it will continue to redirect, also the forums are still there, because I don't know how to move the databases over to the new domain and make it work properly.

I know how it is. I tend to visit SH sites right when I am supposed to be working... like now, for example.
ImageImageImage

Return to Silent Hill 4: The Room