Mercury

Member

User avatar

Posts: 2751

Joined: Aug 15, 2006

Location: United States

Official Year?

Post by Mercury on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:48 pm

I remember hearing some time ago that SH4 was officially stated to take place in 2004. I've searched and searched for a source, but I can't find one. Does anyone know where this originated?
ya fuckin rite
 
 
 
 
 

Lobsel Vith

Member

Posts: 1211

Joined: Jan 22, 2006

Official Year?

Post by Lobsel Vith on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:56 pm

Oh, there's nothing officially said about the year SH4 takes place. So umm, I think it takes place in 2008, but I have no proof of this.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Xuchilbara

Moderator

User avatar

Survival Whore

Posts: 8739

Joined: Feb 21, 2006

Location: United States

Official Year?

Post by Xuchilbara on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:20 am

Cite your source, SD. Before you post anything.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)
 
 
 
 
 

ERROR

Member

User avatar

Posts: 1237

Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Location: #lfk

Official Year?

Post by ERROR on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:48 am

The only realistic year that it can possibly take place is 2001.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
 
 
 
 
 

Floodclaw

Member

User avatar

Posts: 3583

Joined: Oct 13, 2006

Official Year?

Post by Floodclaw on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:16 am

ERROR wrote:The only realistic year that it can possibly take place is 2001.


That's what I felt. I've heard 2001 and 2004, but I don't think there is an official date.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Mercury

Member

User avatar

Posts: 2751

Joined: Aug 15, 2006

Location: United States

Official Year?

Post by Mercury on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:57 am

Xuchilbara wrote:Cite your source, SD. Before you post anything.
It's what I heard a while back, and I thought I could find out more about it. Guess not. : /

If it was never stated, then why do most timelines set SH4 at '04?
ya fuckin rite
 
 
 
 
 

ERROR

Member

User avatar

Posts: 1237

Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Location: #lfk

Official Year?

Post by ERROR on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:22 am

>If it was never stated, then why do most timelines set SH4 at '04?
Because they copied mine, and mine was originally based around the year 2004.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
 
 
 
 
 

Mercury

Member

User avatar

Posts: 2751

Joined: Aug 15, 2006

Location: United States

Official Year?

Post by Mercury on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Oh. Well that sucks. I was hoping it really did exist. :?

No offense or anything. Your timeline is really good and offers a lot, but I just want this story to be my thing, you know? I'll keep using my timeline as is and remove any year mentions (19xx) from the story. The gaps and dates will be the same, though. : )
ya fuckin rite
 
 
 
 
 

firecrest

Member

Posts: 216

Joined: Sep 27, 2007

Official Year?

Post by firecrest on Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:37 pm

ERROR wrote:>If it was never stated, then why do most timelines set SH4 at '04?
Because they copied mine, and mine was originally based around the year 2004.

That would beg to ask why yours was based around 2004 in the first place.

The fact of the matter is that people thought 2004 made sense simply because that was the year that Silent Hill 4 -The Room- was released. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course, there in lies the fallacy. A game of which the timeline plays an important role as -The Room- cannot take place in 2004 just because it was released in that year.

The reason is because the developers have no way to determine that their game would be released in that year.

On the other hand, the year 2001 makes more sense simply because the team started development of the game in that year. The scenario writer has a better baseline to use for his timeline.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Henrytownshend4235

Posts: 29

Joined: Dec 21, 2008

Official Year?

Post by Henrytownshend4235 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:43 pm

If you play Gaia and have a Gaia Account, you can view my guild's collected information on the different characters here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewto ... t=13059793

And all of our information points to 2004 as well. I think its best to just leave it at 2004, I think most major sites have adopted 2004 as well.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Nyarlathotep

Member

Posts: 56

Joined: Oct 04, 2008

Official Year?

Post by Nyarlathotep on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:00 pm

Too bad. Evidence proves otherwise.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Henrytownshend4235

Posts: 29

Joined: Dec 21, 2008

Official Year?

Post by Henrytownshend4235 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:24 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Too bad. Evidence proves otherwise.


What "evidence"? I've read everyone's post on here, and as for researching the date of existence, Silent Hill 4 has ALWAYS popped up as taking place in 2004.

Walter was born 1970. Walter began killing people when he was 24, so that means he started killing people in 1994. 3 years later, in 1997, there was a man who looked like Walter Sullivan walking out of 302.

The Superintendent kept Walter's umbilical cord for "OVER 30 YEARS". So, if Walter was born in 1970, that runs us up to at least the year 2000. But the key word being "OVER", so he had it for more than 30 years.

When the man was seen coming out of 302, the killings picked up again. Joseph Schreiber moved in in 2001. He was tortured for an entire year based on the dates of the notes he leaves you and then he was killed. That leads us up to 2002 when Henry moves in. Henry lived their for 2 years before the hell started to effect him. That leads us to 2004.
 
 
 
 
 
 

ERROR

Member

User avatar

Posts: 1237

Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Location: #lfk

Official Year?

Post by ERROR on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:13 pm

Walter wasn't officially born in 1970, so using his birth year as evidence is a mistake.

The key in determining Silent Hill 4: The Room's year is Walter's diary. Fortunately for everyone, I've already done the work for them—just go to the Silent Hill General Discussion section of this forum and look for my timeline. In said post, I explain why SH4:TR has to occur in 2001.

"Walter Sullivan, as a 6-year-old, wrote in his diary on October 21: 'I only leave the round cell on Sunday. And I go and read the book.' What we also learn is that this entry is written on a Sunday. But we must also note that the days on which Walter travels to Ashfield (February 10th and March 17th) are also on Sundays. Examining a calendar for a year (and the following year) in which these dates all occur on Sundays will show us that it was in 1973. Given that, and knowing Walter's age, allows us to add the 18 years it takes for Walter to begin his murder spree (1991) and another 10 years for when Silent Hill 4: The Room occurs (2001)."

So your guild, along w/ the countless other Web sites w/ variations of my timeline, is in ERROR.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
 
 
 
 
 

Anna

Member

Posts: 332

Joined: Aug 13, 2008

Official Year?

Post by Anna on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:32 pm

Henrytownshend4235 wrote:If you play Gaia and have a Gaia Account, you can view my guild's collected information.


Oh! You are Silent Hill Guild's Henry Townshend.

I may have joined that. Do you know me? I am xX_karisuma_xX there. My avatar is made to look like the villain from Persona 3.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Floodclaw

Member

User avatar

Posts: 3583

Joined: Oct 13, 2006

Official Year?

Post by Floodclaw on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:37 pm

ERROR wrote: Examining a calendar for a year (and the following year) in which these dates all occur on Sundays will show us that it was in 1973.


And is this an in-game calendar or a real life calendar?
If it's real life, then there really isn't any way to tell for sure that the Silent Hill series takes place in the same universe, same dates and same times as us (reality).

Therefore, your argument is flawed unless you can somehow prove that both Silent Hill 4 takes place on the calendar dates as reality.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Henrytownshend4235

Posts: 29

Joined: Dec 21, 2008

Official Year?

Post by Henrytownshend4235 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:38 pm

Anna wrote:
Henrytownshend4235 wrote:If you play Gaia and have a Gaia Account, you can view my guild's collected information.


Oh! You are Silent Hill Guild's Henry Townshend.

I may have joined that. Do you know me? I am xX_karisuma_xX there. My avatar is made to look like the villain from Persona 3.


Yes, I've read the posts you made, and I looked you're name up on the members list to verify. Glad to see a fellow guild member :D , but I don't think it would be appreciated to get off topic, so feel free to PM me.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Mercury

Member

User avatar

Posts: 2751

Joined: Aug 15, 2006

Location: United States

Official Year?

Post by Mercury on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:50 pm

It's my thread! By all means, get off topic. : )
ya fuckin rite
 
 
 
 
 

ERROR

Member

User avatar

Posts: 1237

Joined: Nov 21, 2007

Location: #lfk

Official Year?

Post by ERROR on Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Oh, Floodclaw. You're just being silly 'cuz you can't stand to see me be right. Talk about being juvenile. . . . Close the forum. Floodclaw won the series. I bet you're a TimeCubist, too, right?

Ahem.

If you're going to assume the Silent Hill series is in another dimension, a perpendicular universe, if you will, then all occurrences w/in the series that are based on our real world physics/mechanics/&c. can be explained away w/out regard for our comprehension. If that's the case, then the entire community should shut down because there's no logic to the series and nothing can be explained by our simple minds.

However, the Silent Hill series abides to a coherent (and consistent) narrative. When members partake in discussions, they naturally consider the events to have taken place in our reality, yet fictionally.

Attempting to bully me isn't going to work, Floodclaw.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
 
 
 
 
 

Henrytownshend4235

Posts: 29

Joined: Dec 21, 2008

Official Year?

Post by Henrytownshend4235 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:15 pm

ERROR wrote:Oh, Floodclaw. You're just being silly 'cuz you can't stand to see me be right. Talk about being juvenile. . . . Close the forum. Floodclaw won the series. I bet you're a TimeCubist, too, right?

Ahem.

If you're going to assume the Silent Hill series is in another dimension, a perpendicular universe, if you will, then all occurrences w/in the series that are based on our real world physics/mechanics/&c. can be explained away w/out regard for our comprehension. If that's the case, then the entire community should shut down because there's no logic to the series and nothing can be explained by our simple minds.

However, the Silent Hill series abides to a coherent (and consistent) narrative. When members partake in discussions, they naturally consider the events to have taken place in our reality, yet fictionally.

Attempting to bully me isn't going to work, Floodclaw.


Not another universe, just consider it another way off timezone. WAY OFF. As Walter's cult buddies would have it put, "It is a world within our lords world."

You can have a world in different time frames but in same time era the same way you can have our world with its free flowing time, but it stands still in a videogame world.

There are similarities between videogames and reality, but dont combine videogames and reality as having to be 100% based on each other. Cuz there are similar physics in Halo to our world, so would you completely base the two as being 100% similar? There can be similar physics between our world and the videogame world of Silent Hill, but not necessarily following EVERYTHING the same such as *cough* time?
 
 
 
 
 
 

Mercury

Member

User avatar

Posts: 2751

Joined: Aug 15, 2006

Location: United States

Official Year?

Post by Mercury on Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:22 pm

ERROR wrote:Oh, Floodclaw. You're just being silly 'cuz you can't stand to see me be right. Talk about being juvenile. . . . Close the forum. Floodclaw won the series. I bet you're a TimeCubist, too, right?

Attempting to bully me isn't going to work, Floodclaw.
I find it very funny that you're the one talking about bullying and someone who can't stand to lose. Just a question, do you have a mirror handy?
ya fuckin rite
 
 
 
Next


Return to Silent Hill 4: The Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest