Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Two Best Friends Play Silent Hill 3

Post by Otherworld on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:57 pm

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:51 pm

I don't understand the appeal of TBFP. They don't have any intelligent insight over the games, the whole thing just ends up being a meme-fest. I really don't want SH being degraded like that.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:19 pm

HeatherMasonSH3 wrote:I don't understand the appeal of TBFP. They don't have any intelligent insight over the games, the whole thing just ends up being a meme-fest. I really don't want SH being degraded like that.

They have an appreciation for silent hill 1-4. It may get lost in their banter sometimes but it's there I assure you.

Have you watched their silent hill 2 lp?

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:01 am

Otherworld wrote:
HeatherMasonSH3 wrote:I don't understand the appeal of TBFP. They don't have any intelligent insight over the games, the whole thing just ends up being a meme-fest. I really don't want SH being degraded like that.

They have an appreciation for silent hill 1-4. It may get lost in their banter sometimes but it's there I assure you.

The last LP I watched of an old game (resident evil 3) I tried to watch of theirs, they didn't seem to understand what they where doing and there was talk of multiple recordings and edits. I just don't find them sincere enough to trust with something like SH2 unless they toned down the memes.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:19 pm

HeatherMasonSH3 wrote:
Otherworld wrote:

The last LP I watched of an old game (resident evil 3) I tried to watch of theirs, they didn't seem to understand what they where doing and there was talk of multiple recordings and edits. I just don't find them sincere enough to trust with something like SH2 unless they toned down the memes.

They are big RE fans as well. If you don't like their style it is what it is but I assure you, they have a lot of resoect for both franchises and criticize them accordingly.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

User is Online

Post by Oohfakanorus on Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:25 pm

Latest episode is up and it's made me scream "Oh give it HERE!" and snatching the controls from them!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Oohfakanorus wrote:Latest episode is up and it's made me scream "Oh give it HERE!" and snatching the controls from them!

I think Matt is playing.... Which usually drives Pat crazy lol

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Otherworld wrote:
HeatherMasonSH3 wrote:
Otherworld wrote:

They are big RE fans as well. If you don't like their style it is what it is but I assure you, they have a lot of resoect for both franchises and criticize them accordingly.

It looks like they chill out a bit later in the first episode. Might be a good playthrough.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

User is Online

Post by Oohfakanorus on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:45 am

Very more-ish this series! New videos uploaded. Currently up to Heather's apartment. I hope they do something else with a Silent Hill game when this is over.

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:28 pm

Oohfakanorus wrote:Very more-ish this series! New videos uploaded. Currently up to Heather's apartment. I hope they do something else with a Silent Hill game when this is over.

I have 3 essays to finish in 5 days, I might just marathon this in the 2 hours I have before passing out, hopefully they are uploading a new episode everyday.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

User is Online

Post by Oohfakanorus on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:10 pm

https://youtu.be/tgJgLomr6wk
Spoils a lot if you've never played, but best episode so far!

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Lots of big ups on the "ride to Silent Hill" cut scene ....

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

User is Online

Post by Oohfakanorus on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Best video yet! And ha ha, he missed getting the taser!

https://youtu.be/jM0hoX0SPDk

Rob of the Fog

Brookhaven Outpatient

Post by Rob of the Fog on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:22 am

Man. Pat couldn't spoil things harder if he was trying. He was way too unsubtle talking about Lisa.

Glad I've already played the game. xD

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

User is Online

Post by Oohfakanorus on Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Borely Haunted Mansion ahoy!

https://youtu.be/pcdq9Dy0sOc

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Post by Rodox_Head on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:33 am

For some reason I never really realized just how dumb the M.O.A. boss battle was, which is weird for one of such significance. She can fire an uzi one-handed, sideways, and with little recoil, as well as block katana attacks with her bare arms.

"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:42 am

Why is that dumb?

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Post by Rodox_Head on Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Otherworld wrote:Why is that dumb?

I'd say mainly because it's way too outrageous for such a meaningful battle. She might as well be wearing a backwards snapback and shouting "I'mma bust a cap in yo ass!". I hated it when Walter did this too with the dual pistols. Also why would an Alessa monster be able to hold it one handed no problem while Heather still has to use two hands?

The attack blocking thing is more of a gripe I have with any game that does that, Downpour did it too. Your bare arms are still vulnerable, it should still hurt when I hit them.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:01 am

Rodox_Head wrote:
Otherworld wrote:Why is that dumb?

I'd say mainly because it's way too outrageous for such a meaningful battle. She might as well be wearing a backwards snapback and shouting "I'mma bust a cap in yo ass!". I hated it when Walter did this too with the dual pistols. Also why would an Alessa monster be able to hold it one handed no problem while Heather still has to use two hands?

The attack blocking thing is more of a gripe I have with any game that does that, Downpour did it too. Your bare arms are still vulnerable, it should still hurt when I hit them.

That's not how I look at it at all. That type of image of her wearing a
backwards snapback and shouting "I'mma bust a cap in yo ass!"
is something that doesn't seem to fit really. I mean the symbolism in the boss battle kinda takes away any sort of thought like that for me in the first place.

She uses what's at her disposal and is able to block attacks because this is a boss battle against a manifestation of Alessa's mind that wants, above all else, to stop "God's" birth. What does it matter if there is or isn't recoil from a machine gun? I mean this entity is the Memory of Alessa. So how do the laws of recoil physics or blocking with a manifested arm even play a part?

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:11 am

I think Matt unintentionally stumbled onto revealing to their audience that the MOA fight is, at least from a gameplay point, flawed. Yea there's a design strategy for defeating MOA but Matt won the fight, quite easily too, by just melee stun locking her. I was actually kinda stunned because I've never taken the time to melee her, always with firearms.

And if she isn't stun locked, she is programmed in the same way that most human enemies with firearms in the series are, that boss firearms become melee weapons themselves if you're close enough. So MOA's sub machine gun is actually just as deadly as a pipe if you lame it out like Matt did.

They're games. They aren't perfect. It's a programming problem in many other games. Bosses and enemies with firearms can be lamed out if you can just get close enough to them.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Next

Return to Silent Hill 3