Aethryix

Blue Screen/System Crash with PC version (Win10)

Post by Aethryix on Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:16 am

So I decided to try playing this game again, the last time I played it being before I switched to Windows 10. Ever since the upgrade though, every time I try to start this game, no matter the setting or resolution, I either get a blue screen or it jumbles up the screen and stutters indefinitely, forcing me to restart. I'm not sure what happened, but I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. If anyone's encountered a similar issue, I would love to know if you've found a solution.

Specs, in case it's important:
Windows 10 (pre-Anniversary)
Nvidia GTX 1080
Intel Core i7 6700k
16GB RAM

(As a side note, the error reports mention "pascal", meaning maybe it has something to do with my upgrade to a GeForce 10 card?)

Hjerteknuser

Maestro

Blue Screen/System Crash with PC version (Win10)

Post by Hjerteknuser on Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:43 am

My best guess on what could be happening is that your new graphics card is just being stubborn. Sometimes when upgrading cards, older PC games have some trouble running, especially in the case of having previously using another card with the same PC. What basically happens is that sometimes, remnants of old drivers will remain on your PC and it can get confused on what it should be using to run your games. Make sure that all of the previous drivers are removed and that you install the latest driver for your new card. If you are unsure how to accomplish such, I'm sure you'd be able to find a detailed walkthrough on the web. I hope this helps. Good luck!
As you wish, you may destroy me
---I wouldn't care.

Return to Silent Hill 3