Bleachgirl96

Silent Hill 3 Crematorium Puzzle HELP

Post by Bleachgirl96 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:42 pm

Ok so I have been stuck on this part of the game for a few days now and the code I have tried to use won't work. But the code I have is 3792. I have really enjoyed the game so far and don't want to restart the game.

Basically this is what my Roman numerals look like and my number and 3 7 9 and 2.

[ ] [ ] [ ] [IV ]
[I ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
[II ] [ ] [III ] [ ]

I hope that doesn't look to confusing and I hope I did it right I'm not quite sure how to post pictures.
Thanks in advanced for the help! :D

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:36 pm

I've looked this over quick and your solution should be correct?

Are you sure you're not entering them incorrectly (should be top to bottom from what I remember) or misreading the clue?

It's been years since I've played this, so other than that I'm not sure. I've never heard of this puzzle glitching so it's probably something really minor that was simply overlooked or misinterpreted. I know I've done that with this puzzle before.

I could be wrong though and someone else might know better. I really doubt it's something you'd need to start the whole game over about though.

Weirdly enough, I'm starting this game again tomorrow with a friend so maybe I'll end up at this point and be able to help better hah.

Bleachgirl96

Post by Bleachgirl96 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:27 pm

Tabris wrote:I've looked this over quick and your solution should be correct?

Are you sure you're not entering them incorrectly (should be top to bottom from what I remember) or misreading the clue?

It's been years since I've played this, so other than that I'm not sure. I've never heard of this puzzle glitching so it's probably something really minor that was simply overlooked or misinterpreted. I know I've done that with this puzzle before.

I could be wrong though and someone else might know better. I really doubt it's something you'd need to start the whole game over about though.

Weirdly enough, I'm starting this game again tomorrow with a friend so maybe I'll end up at this point and be able to help better hah.

Maybe you are right I have been stuck on it so long that i'm probably mistyping it or something like that or maybe there is something else I need to do before it will open anyway I will have to see if there is something I'm doing wrong.
Thanks for helping me! I will come back and tell you if it worked or not :D

Edit: It didn't work but I think I will start over and do the easy riddle mode. I mostly play these games for the stories in them than the gameplay anyway.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:50 pm

Are you sure you have the correct spatial orientation and are matching them up with the numbers properly? From what I recall you basically have to use the roman numerals to order the numbers you find on the corpses which are in the same position in the room as the numerals indicate. So you'd look at the room, walk over to the gurney marked I, then jot that number down as the first, and so on and so forth. That would then be the combination you enter.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:20 pm

It's not the Piano puzzle, but I fucking hated this puzzle! I loved everything else about the game and it's puzzles.
Hope you get past it soon.
No results found for oohfakanorus.

DipDop

Post by DipDop on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:21 pm

Did you solve it? I remember solving it by actually drawing out a a map of the room.

It's been a few years since I played this, so I can't offer much else help.

I really need to re-play the series soon! I think the last time I played a Silent Hill game that wasn't Downpour was 2013.

RPT

Post by RPT on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:20 am

I don't recommend to re-start, it would only spoil your experience. Re-playing half of the game will emotionally detach you from the game.
Probably you're missing something, I would double check.

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Crematorium_Puzzle

Return to Silent Hill 3