Xerziox

God (Final Boss) Specific Questions

Post by Xerziox on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been working on beating the God boss on hard for the past few days and have been reading a lot of information on this forum as well as a few other forums but there seems to be some conflicting information out there so I have specific questions about this boss.

1. Does God only take damage when you attack her head? I know you can attack her standing up to get her to come down but does that actually take some of her health away?
2. If God can be damaged when standing up too, does she loose more health when her head is attacked than when she is standing up?
3. How long should a battle on hard take? I am playing for over 15 minutes each session and lose every time?
4. Is the stun gun worth using in this battle?
5. I keep reading that the maul is stronger than the katana and the katana is stronger than the maul? Which is true?
6. I reach a point in the battle where the flames are so fast that even with full stamina I cannot outrun them. Is there a way to outrun the extremely fast flames?
7. Do the very fast flames mean that God is low on health?

I don't have that much in supplies but I have more than others that beat God.

SMG: 96 rounds
Handgun: 30 rounds
Shotgun: 12 rounds
Health: 2 Ampoules

Should I start a new game and try to conserve more or can I beat her with what I have?

I have two strategies: (1.) I use the handgun to bring God down and then use the shotgun. When I'm out of shotgun shells and handgun rounds I switch to the SMG to bring her down and then shoot her head. After that I switch to the katana but the flames are so fast that I can never get but 3 hits on her and then I don't have any health items left and die. (2.) I use the shotgun to bring God down and then hit her once with the katana and shoot her once with the shotgun and repeat until I'm out of ammunition. I then switch to the SMG and then the handgun but I end up dying because I run out of ammunition and health items and keep getting hit by the fast flames. I'm not strafing at all, I just run and I do not have the bulletproof vest equipped so I can run faster.

Xerziox

Post by Xerziox on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:09 am

Well I finally defeated God but I had to change my movement strategy. It will be of GREAT help to anyone going through this. If you do not want to get hit by the fire including the lighting fast fire stay in the back corners and start running to the other corner. You can strafe but not when the lighting fast fire has started; strafing is simply too slow to dodge it. I used all my ammunition and finished off with the maul. It took 42minutes and 51 seconds and I ended the battle with no health items and I was in critical (red) condition so if you have more supplies than I had then you should finish quicker and more easily.

Also there was another question I forgot to ask but I think I know the answer.

I read that when God is in the veil that means she is healing and that you should shoot her as quick as you can so she can stop healing. That cannot be true can it? Wouldn't that mean you can never make progress since she is always healing?

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:54 pm

1. Does God only take damage when you attack her head? I know you can attack her standing up to get her to come down but does that actually take some of her health away?

Her head is the only real thing you can lock-on to/attack anyway, so presumably yes.
2. If God can be damaged when standing up too, does she loose more health when her head is attacked than when she is standing up?

I don't think there is any difference on when she is attacked.
3. How long should a battle on hard take? I am playing for over 15 minutes each session and lose every time?

It always took me significantly longer to beat her on Hard and above than on Normal, but I usually took her down in about 5~10 minutes give or take on Hard.
4. Is the stun gun worth using in this battle?

The stun gun has its uses -- the God is not one of them.
5. I keep reading that the maul is stronger than the katana and the katana is stronger than the maul? Which is true?

The maul does more damage than the katana does, but the katana is faster and uses less stamina. It's up to the player which of these they will use.
6. I reach a point in the battle where the flames are so fast that even with full stamina I cannot outrun them. Is there a way to outrun the extremely fast flames?

The fast flames are avoidable, you just have to sit in the far back of the room (closest to the screen itself) and not have the flak vest equipped to do so.
7. Do the very fast flames mean that God is low on health?

Yep. Usually when she gets down to about 40~50% health, she'll start with the faster flames.

I read that when God is in the veil that means she is healing and that you should shoot her as quick as you can so she can stop healing. That cannot be true can it? Wouldn't that mean you can never make progress since she is always healing?

I'm not sure on this one. She could very well be healing, because once she goes into that animation she can stay in it for a long time, until she is attacked/provoked out of it.

Return to Silent Hill 3