Vengur

Warcraft is my jam.

Heather's fate

Post by Vengur on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:30 am

Heather eventually starts to enjoy all the horror and death and tries to re-experience that shit. So she reverts back to her original hair color, enlists in the special forces and changes her name into Jill Valentine. Thus, leading to the events of the first Resident Evil.
Why does the Devil have a monopoly on buying souls?

Misty Day

Remains of the Judgment

Heather's fate

Post by Misty Day on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:55 am

By the end of SH3, Heather is the oldest 17 year old around. She has reclaimed the memories of her previous selves, seen her "father" killed, traveled across state lines to whack her ex-best friend, and then saved the world from "god". I'm not sure she's gonna be able to relate to other kids her physical age any more. Finishing high school is going to be a bath in acid for her. Can you 30-somethings imagine going back to high school NOW and trying to take seriously the vapid garbage that comes out of the mouths of kids who've never had actual problems in their lives? Kids think every little thing is the end of the world. Heather KNOWS the end of the world for reals. There's gonna be some distance there. I think she'd probably get involved with an "older" man, someone more relatable. That could cause her some trouble, or be the best thing for her. It didn't do Shattered Memories Heather any favors, but who knows?

She has no parents. No grandparents. That means no traditional support network. Sure, there's an unreliable penniless good fer nothing PI she could try to sponge off, for whatever that's worth. I think she has to stand on her own two feet, which probably means rushing to get a GED and a full time crappy job just to keep up with her expenses and the lovely Daisy Villa apartment. Birthing god and remaking the world is looking better all the time.

She's got teenage hormones and a recently discovered talent for violence. That might not go anywhere nice.

Maybe she has something of a happily ever after, but I don't think she could ever have a normal life.

Silenthill4life

Heather's fate

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:55 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Heather became a cop. She seems like she would grow up to be an Anne Cunningham type woman. Tough as nails, as brave as a lion and does her best to keep her insecurities and fears at bay (how true this is for Anne I don't know because i haven't read the comics but in-game Anne seems very head-strong and brazen)

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Heather's fate

Post by Rodox_Head on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:43 am

I like to think she moved in with Douglas until she could sustain her own life. I loved that they started to care about each other in that way by the end of the game.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Silenthill4life

Heather's fate

Post by Silenthill4life on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:32 am

HoneyandtheBear wrote:I like to think she moved in with Douglas until she could sustain her own life. I loved that they started to care about each other in that way by the end of the game.

This would be amazing.

Perhaps Heather could have a future cameo in-game (in a cutscene or at least mentioned in a memo) stating that she lived with Douglas or stood by his side as a close friend till his end (attending his funeral, etc). That would definitely be testament to the strength of their friendship.

Rodox_Head

Heather's fate

Post by Rodox_Head on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Silenthill4life wrote:
HoneyandtheBear wrote:I like to think she moved in with Douglas until she could sustain her own life. I loved that they started to care about each other in that way by the end of the game.

This would be amazing.

Perhaps Heather could have a future cameo in-game (in a cutscene or at least mentioned in a memo) stating that she lived with Douglas or stood by his side as a close friend till his end (attending his funeral, etc). That would definitely be testament to the strength of their friendship.

That would be kind of cool if it were one of those "maybe it's her, maybe it's not" type of references, like when Douglas talks about following a missing persons case and never finding the guy. It's widely thought he was talking about James, but it could've been anybody. Not like the pathetic attempt in Homecoming. We all know who you're talking about, Wheeler. :roll:
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Silenthill4life

Heather's fate

Post by Silenthill4life on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 pm

HoneyandtheBear wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:

This would be amazing.

That would be kind of cool if it were one of those "maybe it's her, maybe it's not" type of references, like when Douglas talks about following a missing persons case and never finding the guy. It's widely thought he was talking about James, but it could've been anybody. Not like the pathetic attempt in Homecoming. We all know who you're talking about, Wheeler. :roll:

Agreed, very true!

It would certainly be a lot cooler if the memo was inconspicuous, hinting at Heather and Douglas but not clearly giving it away, as you said.

Leonard Wolf

Just another resident of Silent Hill

Heather's fate

Post by Leonard Wolf on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:36 am

OR...
I was thinking that another possibility is that Heather and Douglas might have tried to tell someone their story (about the order and its god, the monsters, the otherworld and what they saw and experienced in Heather's city and Silent Hill) but obviously no one believed them and thought they were drugged (as that was what happened in Resident Evil, since after having survived the events of the very first game, the S.T.A.R.S. members tried to tell their boss what happened in the mansion and about the zombies and monsters, but no one believed them and they were accused of being involved with drugs) or had mental disturbs and then they may have been interned into a sanitarium (as that was what happened to Karen Barclay after the events of the first Child's Play movie, since nobody believed her or Andy when they told the police about Chucky).

Rodox_Head

Heather's fate

Post by Rodox_Head on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:22 pm

It's evident in a memo in Homecoming that Douglas did in fact tell his story and exposed The Order.

Deadalux

Heather's fate

Post by Deadalux on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Leonard Wolf wrote:As I still didn't see a topic about this subject, I'm creating one.
What do you guys think that happened to Heather (Heather from Silent Hill 3, not from Shattered Memories, as they're not the same person, are they?) after the events of Silent Hill 3? Of course, it's hard to say since she was never seen again in the games, and like I already said, Heather from Shattered Memories isn't her, but let's just suppose what happened to her afterwards: Douglas was alive, and since she was still underage... what do you guys think? Did she simply return her home and went to live alone, or she went to live with Douglas (and since Harry was already dead, she began to see him as a father figure?) in his house?
I thought it would be interesting to create a topic to talk about only Heather's fate, since Harry's and James's fate we already know, huh (everybody who played Silent Hill 3 obviously know Harry was killed by the Missionary, and James's fate depends on the ending you get), and as nobody knows the true ending of Silent Hill 4... I think the fate of the protagonist of the third game is the best to discuss.
There are many possibilities, come on guys, I know you must have already wondered at least once about Heather's fate after Silent Hill 3's ending, but well, one thing I think it's happened for sure shortly after the ending was Harry's funeral, since in the game credits a image of Heather in front of her father's grave can be seen, it can be assumed Heather took his body to the cemetery and buried him there, but afterwards... Another possibility is that since she is now forever free from the order and from Silent Hill, she could have just gone to live a normal life in another city, and that's why she never appeared again in the games.
But now tell me what you guys think about her fate? What do you think it's happened to her after the ending of Silent Hill 3?

Heather may adopt the Cheryl name and go back to her original hair color. She was a level headed girl so she probably lives a regular life, like the one she always wanted.
***Keep in mind whats important, even if it doesn't come true, at least you became someone who would fight for what they believe in! Much love to you all, everybody***

Tenebra

... I meant everything.

Heather's fate

Post by Tenebra on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:24 pm

I have also asked this question to myself many times, and I think Heather is very likely that after these events she has finished in a mental institution with some transitoris outputs, Douglas occasionally would go to visit her. I say this because after what she went through is hard to move on as if nothing had happened, these events mark your life forever. Her dreams and nightmares of those days will always be there to torment her for the rest of her days. I can not imagine that she has continued "happy" after all.

However I believe and hope that we will meet and see her again in some time.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

User is Online

Heather's fate

Post by Xuchilbara on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:54 am

There's really not much evidence that Heather is crazy. Moreover, she went back to leading a normal life, most likely.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Tenebra

... I meant everything.

Heather's fate

Post by Tenebra on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:34 pm

It is true that there is much evidence that she is crazy, so it is speculation on our side. But personally I doubt very much that she has returned to a "normal life" after all that, after everything she saw? and after everything she went through? Hmm For me, as I said or she ended up in a mental institution or with a deep & terrible depression.

Ok, I admit I dislike happy endings, so this is how I imagine her.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

User is Online

Heather's fate

Post by Xuchilbara on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:47 am

It was also Claudia's nightmare, something Vincent mentioned. So, I doubt she's crazy given the canon ending she is normal.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Heather's fate

Post by Otherworld on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:44 am

I am sure she would be haunted for the rest of her days because of her ordeal ........

The_Sinful

Heather's fate

Post by The_Sinful on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:01 pm

Good post and I'm glad you fixed the SPOILERS.

I'm honestly very curious myself about Heather's untold future. Nothing said the curse of reincarnation was broken. Nothing or no one said that valtiel didn't keep spinning that wheel of fate and return. I think Heather could have easily off'd herself but she would be starting from square one. I do wish the developers tidied up this part of her. Also, after killing all those monsters and witnessing her father's deaths.....I'd be surprised if she is mentally sane. I'm sure she committed suicide and was reborn into a more happier life.

XOXO

devil hunter

Ghost

Heather's fate

Post by devil hunter on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:54 am

I'm surprised that people think she went crazy or something, she was holding up well at the end of the game. I doubt it that after the credits she's like: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh blrppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp woooop wooop woooooooooooooooooooop!!!

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Heather's fate

Post by Oohfakanorus on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:31 am

devil hunter wrote:I'm surprised that people think she went crazy or something, she was holding up well at the end of the game. I doubt it that after the credits she's like: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh blrppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp woooop wooop woooooooooooooooooooop!!!

Although I'd like to see that obviously.
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Heather's fate

Post by Naroon on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Not sure why she would suddenly go crazy after the character growth she experiences during the actual game. She goes from being scared and traumatized at the horrors she witnesses to literally making wise-cracks at boss characters, and mind-fucking Claudia. It's more difficult to believe that she would randomly go batshit insane after the conclusion of SH3 than it is to believe that she wouldn't.

The_Sinful

Heather's fate

Post by The_Sinful on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Naroon wrote:Not sure why she would suddenly go crazy after the character growth she experiences during the actual game. She goes from being scared and traumatized at the horrors she witnesses to literally making wise-cracks at boss characters, and mind-fucking Claudia. It's more difficult to believe that she would randomly go batshit insane after the conclusion of SH3 than it is to believe that she wouldn't.

I don't think it would be necessarily hard to believe someone reaching insanity after these event. Seeing your father dead like that, and seeing Vincent killed in front of her....i don't think a sane human being would look past this in the future to come. I've attached a link below describing a man's personal story in seeing someone killed right before his eye. Bare in mind this is not for the faint of heart and he truly speaks about how it psychologically impacted him for the (REST) OF HIS LIFE.
http://pastebin.com/uC7PgavL

Also, i witnessed someone die before my eyes and i havent been the same. So idk, everyones different, but this is a pure humanistic fear.

Also, I understand character building is an essential part of a harem's journey, but sometimes it comes at a cost. I believe the cost is the theoretical "innocent" part of a human being. I was told as a child "You won't learn the difference between black and white if you're only seeing one shade." That being said, I'm certain heather can deal with lesser issues in the future. However, for men that have been in Iraq, men that have ACTUALLY killed a human being.....they come back changed and some not for the better, my dad is one of them. Going through my Sociological and Psychological courses in college last semester proved me wrong in more way than one. Heather is definitely going to need counseling or something lol i mean SHE LOST HER FATHER... :flame:

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill 3