Leonard Wolf

Just another resident of Silent Hill

Heather's fate

Post by Leonard Wolf on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:12 am

As I still didn't see a topic about this subject, I'm creating one.
What do you guys think that happened to Heather (Heather from Silent Hill 3, not from Shattered Memories, as they're not the same person, are they?) after the events of Silent Hill 3? Of course, it's hard to say since she was never seen again in the games, and like I already said, Heather from Shattered Memories isn't her, but let's just suppose what happened to her afterwards: Douglas was alive, and since she was still underage... what do you guys think? Did she simply return her home and went to live alone, or she went to live with Douglas (and since Harry was already dead, she began to see him as a father figure?) in his house?
I thought it would be interesting to create a topic to talk about only Heather's fate, since Harry's and James's fate we already know, huh (everybody who played Silent Hill 3 obviously know Harry was killed by the Missionary, and James's fate depends on the ending you get), and as nobody knows the true ending of Silent Hill 4... I think the fate of the protagonist of the third game is the best to discuss.
There are many possibilities, come on guys, I know you must have already wondered at least once about Heather's fate after Silent Hill 3's ending, but well, one thing I think it's happened for sure shortly after the ending was Harry's funeral, since in the game credits a image of Heather in front of her father's grave can be seen, it can be assumed Heather took his body to the cemetery and buried him there, but afterwards... Another possibility is that since she is now forever free from the order and from Silent Hill, she could have just gone to live a normal life in another city, and that's why she never appeared again in the games.
But now tell me what you guys think about her fate? What do you think it's happened to her after the ending of Silent Hill 3?
Last edited by Leonard Wolf on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:27 am.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Heather's fate

Post by CrazyCatLady on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:46 am

There is no canon ending for Silent Hill 2. None of the creators of the game have said there is a canon but the opposite.

I like to believe that Heather just went on living her life. Douglas was probably around, like a father figure of sorts.

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Heather's fate

Post by Princess Kenny on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:21 pm

She got abducted by Aliens. It obvious.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

Parvatii

Mind of Destructive Taste

Heather's fate

Post by Parvatii on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:51 pm

A young mama, divorced with two kids.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Heather's fate

Post by Naroon on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Leonard Wolf, you may want to edit your post to remove the spoilers for Silent Hill 2 & 4, since this topic is really about Silent Hill 3 and some people who read this may not have played and beaten those other games.

As WC said, Silent Hill 2 has no canon ending. Heather's fate is left up to the player's imagination, as it should be.

Personally, I'd say she simply moved on with her life. She probably lived with Douglas for a little while, went to college or something, or maybe opened up a support group for Otherworld survivors or something where members get free memorabilia such as Robbie the Rabbit dolls and Butter Cakes, who knows.

ÆNEMA

Heather's fate

Post by ÆNEMA on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:42 pm

I wonder what her legal paperwork is like.

"Yes, hello, I am my own mother and my father is a demon my grandmother summoned into my body at age seven in my previous life. I'd like to apply for your platinum rewards card, please."
Image PRAY YOUR LIFE WAS JUST A DREAM Ω THE CUT THAT NEVER HEALS

Leonard Wolf

Just another resident of Silent Hill

Heather's fate

Post by Leonard Wolf on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:35 am

NarooN wrote:Leonard Wolf, you may want to edit your post to remove the spoilers for Silent Hill 2 & 4, since this topic is really about Silent Hill 3 and some people who read this may not have played and beaten those other games.

As WC said, Silent Hill 2 has no canon ending. Heather's fate is left up to the player's imagination, as it should be.

Personally, I'd say she simply moved on with her life. She probably lived with Douglas for a little while, went to college or something, or maybe opened up a support group for Otherworld survivors or something where members get free memorabilia such as Robbie the Rabbit dolls and Butter Cakes, who knows.

Ok! It's already edited! And sorry, I forgot, I should have put the spoilers between the spoiler tags, but anyway...
REVEAL SPOILER
Oh, and I know this topic is about Silent Hill 3, but well... Silent Hill 2 doesn't have a cannon ending? Are you sure?o.o
If you guys say so... but I always believed In Water was the cannon ending, 'cause an old friend of mine who was an expert in the franchise told me that, and when I asked him how he could know that, he told me this is seen in Silent Hill 4 (I don't remember where, if it was in a file document or in a painting frame), where he told me he saw it was written that sir Frank Sunderland's son and daughter-in-law disappeared into the fog of Silent Hill and were never seen again, or something like that, that friend of mine told that this confirms In Water is the cannon ending of Silent Hill 2.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Heather's fate

Post by CrazyCatLady on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Your friend was very misinformed. Sorry, but none of that is true at all.

REVEAL SPOILER
In SH4, Frank (James's dad) says that his son went missing some years ago to never be found again. However, this does not canonize any ending whatsoever.

You need to realize that James killed his own wife. In any of the other endings, after he left SH, he probably went into hiding. That's not very hard to believe, in fact, it's the most likely of explanations because a lot of people would run off after such an incident. His dead body was never found, and Frank never states that his son was found dead. Therefore, In Water is not canonized. It could very well be Leave, or the UFO ending. ;)

Meltdown

Heather's fate

Post by Meltdown on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:17 pm

WhiteClaudia wrote:There is no canon ending for Silent Hill 2. None of the creators of the game have said there is a canon but the opposite.

I like to believe that Heather just went on living her life. Douglas was probably around, like a father figure of sorts.

I like to think that as well.. Douglas just seemed so fatherly and good natured, I feel like he probably filled Harry's shoes for Heather to some extent.

Then again, the game doesn't really give us any answers does it? I mean we never even actually see them leave Silent Hill right?
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!

Wilsden Hills

...#*%...!$@#<...

Heather's fate

Post by Wilsden Hills on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:43 pm

After the shit she went through, I'd like to think she's still on a beach somewhere, making good the claim that blondes have more fun! She saved the planet once, and that's more than enough for one lifetime, don't you think?

As for canon endings, there really is only one major recurring theme to them, and that seems to involve aliens. Best hope they're actually aliens and not just some sub-governmental black ops cover up hey! In practice I consider whichever ending I've achieved to be canon, despite the obvious loophole created by my mega-bad SH ending not really tying in with the storyline to SH3 in any reasonable fashion.
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

PEACETALKER

Heather's fate

Post by PEACETALKER on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Purramid_Head wrote:A young mama, divorced with two kids.

This oddly rings the most truth I think.
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Heather's fate

Post by Otherworld on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:20 pm

^ I agree ... that just makes me wonder if those children would be gifted as well ..............

Arkjoww

Horizon to Zenith

Heather's fate

Post by Arkjoww on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Getting therapy, obviously! At least according to Shattered Memories...

I would like to assume that she went on fairly okay, but having to endure something like that would be extremely taxing on the mind in the end.
tHiS iS a SiGnAtUrE. iS iT dIsTrAcTiNg?

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Heather's fate

Post by Oohfakanorus on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:50 pm

I've now got this image in my head of an older Heather in a supermarket with the bloke who sang the song at the end of the game going "SH-EEE-EEEEE--EEEE BOUGHT ON OFFER 2 FOR ONE-EEEEEE!!!" only for Heather to turn around, leave her cart and storm over to a display where the suited singer is crouching behind singing about everything she's done.
Last edited by Oohfakanorus on Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:10 pm.
No results found for oohfakanorus.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Heather's fate

Post by clips7 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:06 am

Like others have mentioned, she's moved on. Her story is told and is probably attending college or something young adults or teenagers of her age would be doing. She still has some sort of power i believe tho and while that might or it can lure her back to SH at some point, i don't think we will ever see that happen. I think that will be for the best tho...it's time to move on to new storylines and characters and the series did just that.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Silenthill4life

Heather's fate

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:40 pm

Hopefully living a life of love. That is all Alessa wanted from Dahlia anyway.

I hope she has a nice husband with kids and is a good mum, with lots of friends.

Venithil

Heather's fate

Post by Venithil on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:16 am

Since Heather is fundamentally a good person, I doubt she'd get herself in any sort of real world trouble that was really serious. Granted, parentless late teenagers do sometimes get a period in prison before straightening out, but does someone who was in Silent Hill need a period in prison? :P

The way I see it, Heather would become one of two things.

1) Either she would attempt to lead a calm life with a loving family set, probably getting married and adopting or trying to bring some children into the world. Generally avoiding trouble, going for routine or 'relaxing' adventurers, and trying to be a loving mother.

2) The adventure in Silent Hill as well as her overall past *could* instead leave her an adrenaline junkie. I mean, she has some serious skills she can put to use now - she can melee Closers with just a pipe, ram things with a maul and is probably a decent shoot. I could see Heather supplying another blonde in the policeman's uniform, going for a career fighting crime and whatnot. She could still try to develop relationships based on honest feelings and love, mind you... she'd just still be a total badass while doing it :P

AlbertWesker

Evil Lord of Darkness

Heather's fate

Post by AlbertWesker on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi. I am new around here, so I hope we can get along. Also, excuse my poor English.

I think that this subject leads us to ask: ¿what is the game trying to tell us in this respect?

I believe that the game is actually pretty clear in that: It suggest us to think of Heather living a normal life.

We must consider what happens trough the game. In the game we have the scenes of calm before the storm, even a little nostalgic sunset (outside the first bathrooms) before hell arrives. Then, we have these moments of relative calm in other times: when we defeat the giant worm, or when we are wandering in search of Heather's apartment.

Then, we can start to perceive, given our sensations while playing, how comforting are those normal moments, and how stressful and horrible are the nightmarish parts of the game. Then, we start to wish that everything returns to normal for this young lady, the normal of every day life. With normal buildings, streets, malls, etc.

For all this, when the game is over, and hell is gone, we can actually sigh of relief and feel safe in the normal real world, that is what the game leads us to wish and to expect for Heather if she wins. Anyway I think that it is implied that she will live a normal life, "Don't you think blondes have more fun?".

Isn't interesting that the game (as any other Silent Hill) comunicates us the idea that the normal every day life is something to wish for? I am not saying this is reprobable. I am saying that it gives us another perspective given the contrast with the suffering that occurs during the game, a suffering that mirrors the suffering of one's own "mind". Given that the character (and the player?) is no longer fearing his demons, he/she can live a normal life, a rewarding life.
“Mephistopheles: Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it.
Think'st thou that I, who saw the face of God
And tasted the eternal joys of heaven,
Am not tormented with ten thousand hells
In being deprived of everlasting bliss?”
― Christopher Marlowe

Silenthill4life

Heather's fate

Post by Silenthill4life on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:42 pm

AlbertWesker wrote:Hi. I am new around here, so I hope we can get along. Also, excuse my poor English.

I think that this subject leads us to ask: ¿what is the game trying to tell us in this respect?

I believe that the game is actually pretty clear in that: It suggest us to think of Heather living a normal life.

We must consider what happens trough the game. In the game we have the scenes of calm before the storm, even a little nostalgic sunset (outside the first bathrooms) before hell arrives. Then, we have these moments of relative calm in other times: when we defeat the giant worm, or when we are wandering in search of Heather's apartment.

Then, we can start to perceive, given our sensations while playing, how comforting are those normal moments, and how stressful and horrible are the nightmarish parts of the game. Then, we start to wish that everything returns to normal for this young lady, the normal of every day life. With normal buildings, streets, malls, etc.

For all this, when the game is over, and hell is gone, we can actually sigh of relief and feel safe in the normal real world, that is what the game leads us to wish and to expect for Heather if she wins. Anyway I think that it is implied that she will live a normal life, "Don't you think blondes have more fun?".

Isn't interesting that the game (as any other Silent Hill) comunicates us the idea that the normal every day life is something to wish for? I am not saying this is reprobable. I am saying that it gives us another perspective given the contrast with the suffering that occurs during the game, a suffering that mirrors the suffering of one's own "mind". Given that the character (and the player?) is no longer fearing his demons, he/she can live a normal life, a rewarding life.

Hey welcome and nice response

AlbertWesker

Evil Lord of Darkness

Heather's fate

Post by AlbertWesker on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:07 am

Silenthill4life wrote:Hey welcome and nice response

Thanks. I am satisfied if my response is at least understandable, hahaha.
“Mephistopheles: Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it.
Think'st thou that I, who saw the face of God
And tasted the eternal joys of heaven,
Am not tormented with ten thousand hells
In being deprived of everlasting bliss?”
― Christopher Marlowe

Next

Return to Silent Hill 3