Xuchilbara

The Red God

Heather's fate

Post by Xuchilbara on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:10 pm

She comments on how the nightmare numbed her senes looking at a corpse early in the game. Ny the end she regained her memories of being Alessa. Given these odds I found it more than a little strange that she would lose it.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Heather's fate

Post by Rodox_Head on Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:55 pm

She renamed herself back to Cheryl, I think it's safe to say that she wants to live on for Harry's sake. Although I still like to think that she looked to Douglas as a surrogate dad and vice versa. Heather says she wouldn't know what she'd do if he died and Douglas says she reminded him of his son.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Heather's fate

Post by Naroon on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Like Purr said, Heather had already commented (and made painfully evident via her actions and statements) that the nightmare had numbed her to the horrors she'd been encountering, and by the end of the game she'd already regained her memories as Alessa, so she wouldn't exactly have any reason to go insane /after/ the fact. She was joking around with Douglas with some rather black humor at the very last cutscene, which doesn't indicate a huge sanity slip.

The_Sinful

Heather's fate

Post by The_Sinful on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:05 am

On a side note, she did kill him in the uncanon ending...why would the devs do such a concept unto her, but it's whatever

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Heather's fate

Post by Xuchilbara on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:31 am

Probably because Heather has a dark side that rarely shows in the game.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Gauss

Heather's fate

Post by Gauss on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:44 am

Heather is a tough woman. There's no reason she'd go crazy when plenty of characters didn't either. Is she emotionally well balanced? Probably not, but that's understandable given what she goes through in SH3. (Yes, she uses black humor at the end, suggesting that she has coping mechanisms.)
There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city

The_Sinful

Heather's fate

Post by The_Sinful on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:08 pm

We can speculate, but I wish we knew. It'd be neat to see where she truly ended up

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Heather's fate

Post by Naroon on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Well if you go by Book of Memories' joke ending, she ends up as a receptionist at the Historical Society or something like that, haha.

Kurosawa

Heather's fate

Post by Kurosawa on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:25 pm

I hope her fate remains unclear considering how bad things are going for the series.

Borg

Ghost

Heather's fate

Post by Borg on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:13 am

Well, considering that the normal ending is the only one you can get on the first playthrough I'd say she's just fine.

The_Sinful

Heather's fate

Post by The_Sinful on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Kurosawa wrote:I hope her fate remains unclear considering how bad things are going for the series.

I feared this comment....but the truth is light. I don't know what's going on with the series either. If there is a reboot, it's gonna take the power of something divine to truly reinforce that good old fashion SILENT HILL feel. Glad I became a member here years ago....we're a dying breed.....

Previous

Return to Silent Hill 3