Xuchilbara

The Red God

Help me collect the best Silent Hill threads!

Post by Xuchilbara on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Uh.. The blog is unrelated to you or the discussion, Trauma. My Facebook posts denote this. It has to do with a couple of years build up and nothing related to this other than theories.

And no I don't hate/look down/get territorial with other theorists. I welcome them with open arms. I figured we were miscommunicating but I was going shake it off a bit from your last reply before I said anything. I just mentioned it because of the Twin Perfect thing. That's what I meant. But I am happy to see people adding their own theories and like reading mine, etc... Swapping theories all that. Especially, since that has died down the last couple of years. Some theorists went inactive.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

what

From behind the veil

Post by what on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:08 pm

This is a thread of peace and learning. Let's just all get along. Everyone in their corners. All viewpoints will be represented in the list, so let's not argue about it here.

I am working on formatting the list. It'll be a thread of its own, and this one will remain for submissions and discussion. I took longer than I said I would to start, and it will take a little while to get the whole thing formatted neatly, but be on the lookout and keep submitting threads! Which leads into, thanks to everyone who already has done so.

Trauma

Resident Dickbutt

Post by Trauma on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Purramid_Head wrote:Uh.. The blog is unrelated to you or the discussion, Trauma. My Facebook posts denote this. It has to do with a couple of years build up and nothing related to this other than theories.

And no I don't hate/look down/get territorial with other theorists. I welcome them with open arms. I figured we were miscommunicating but I was going shake it off a bit from your last reply before I said anything. I just mentioned it because of the Twin Perfect thing. That's what I meant. But I am happy to see people adding their own theories and like reading mine, etc... Swapping theories all that. Especially, since that has died down the last couple of years. Some theorists went inactive.

I don't have you on Facebook, so that's probably where the miscommunication stems from.

I just found it peculiar that this blog suddenly popped up after you mentioned a few times that you'd done it years ago. I'd took it upon myself to organize each of these ideas into one cohesive post (and link to existing ones)- instead of an argument breaking out about any given topic all the time, and someone linking to a thread with even more bickering leaving the reader to filter through it.

I was hoping to get away from addressing any misinformation as fast as possible which is why those posts will be the shortest- then move on to discussing the mythos and background that primary official sources didn't touch on (and again- link to resources discussing this so it didn't need repeating). It was never meant to be an anti-TP thread, but I also couldn't resist a few subtle jabs.

Now that we have somewhat of an understanding, moving on.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:10 pm

When I feel like digging I'll go find some more. We have SO MANY that it takes along time just to get anything with substance and my memory isn't that well so sometimes it's pure luck.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:44 am

Meltdown wrote:I thought the The Really Super Real Silent Hill Experience was really good. The discussion is pretty much just TP hating, but the original post was really well researched.

Late reply to this post, I just joined today, although I've been lurking around SH communities for quite a few years. Is this 'TP hating' allowed here? I know some forums are super strict about stuff like that I'm fine with it personally because there are usually some legitimate critisisms hidden in amongst all the score settling.

Disrupticon

Post by Disrupticon on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:29 pm

HeatherMasonSH3 wrote:
Meltdown wrote:I thought the The Really Super Real Silent Hill Experience was really good. The discussion is pretty much just TP hating, but the original post was really well researched.

Late reply to this post, I just joined today, although I've been lurking around SH communities for quite a few years. Is this 'TP hating' allowed here? I know some forums are super strict about stuff like that I'm fine with it personally because there are usually some legitimate critisisms hidden in amongst all the score settling.

I'm the author of that topic, though under a new account now.

There was a period on this forum where you couldn't take 3 clicks without running into a Twin Perfect debate, though they're largely a dead concern now. My intention with the threat was to retool various analysis I and others had written into one thread, though I'd kind of stopped in part due to disinterest, and in other (small) part to quell the bloviating from a certain user who'd bring up their body of analysis at any chance possible.

If you're asking if 'TP hating' is against the rules here? Not really, they've never been particularly popular here, but... nobody really cares anymore either.

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:06 am

Disrupticon wrote:
HeatherMasonSH3 wrote:

I'm the author of that topic, though under a new account now.

There was a period on this forum where you couldn't take 3 clicks without running into a Twin Perfect debate, though they're largely a dead concern now. My intention with the threat was to retool various analysis I and others had written into one thread, though I'd kind of stopped in part due to disinterest, and in other (small) part to quell the bloviating from a certain user who'd bring up their body of analysis at any chance possible.

If you're asking if 'TP hating' is against the rules here? Not really, they've never been particularly popular here, but... nobody really cares anymore either.

Some forums have a very anti-drama policy and although I've lurked here for literally years I only bothered to get an account recently.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill 3