Xuchilbara

The Red God

Heather's Personality

Post by Xuchilbara on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:41 am

5leve wrote:
fromelmstreet wrote:
Purramid_Head wrote:I find it really odd that people attack Heather for not responding rather than James. James had a lack of emotional response more than she did, he even stuck his hand in a poop filled toilet and didn't react!

James is super emotionally stunted. When Maria freaks out at him, he's relatively stoic.

Honestly felt that the first four games were lacking in the reaction department. Heather wasn't so bad, save for the numbness thing. I felt it was a pretty good addition to her character development, and it makes sense, too.
Something that's always really interested me was the change in emotional, uh, stuntedness, after Silent Hill was handed too new developers.
I haven't played Shattered Memories so I can't say much on its part. But starting with Alex, it almost felt like the characters slowly began reacting more. Maybe its just me??

There was a lack of reaction with Harry but I think that had to do with the limitations of the time and the PS1. It was budget x translation of the script x time x limitations of PS1. The reasons I say this is because a lot of Harry's reactions are not found in SH1 but in SH3 in the memos. Such as the diatribe he wrote what he was thinking when he saw that photo in the hospital basement room, in SH1 he never comments on it.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Charon

Vaidarge

Heather's Personality

Post by Charon on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:11 pm

The character in the movie is trying to act like a rough, rebel girl and in the end is just a pussy crybaby.

Heather in Silent Hill 3 is a strong girl, who doesn't pretend to look like a rebel. She just want to be a normal girl, with a normal life. Sadly, this will never gonna happen.
Veritas dahls una kosmolaivak.

captain crowbar

Heather's Personality

Post by captain crowbar on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:36 am

I was personally a fan of how clever she was. She was able to play mind games with Claudia and Vincent rather well after she encountered them more than once. And she didn't fall apart in a tough situation like a lot of real people would have.
---

Venithil

Heather's Personality

Post by Venithil on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Charon wrote:The character in the movie is trying to act like a rough, rebel girl and in the end is just a pussy crybaby.

Heather in Silent Hill 3 is a strong girl, who doesn't pretend to look like a rebel. She just want to be a normal girl, with a normal life. Sadly, this will never gonna happen.

Hopefully the Revenge or Normal endings signify better times for... Cheryl, though.

In either case, both Heather's are very different.

The movie Heather is, essentially, from the beggining to the end, the undeveloped childish girl who stepped in way too much crap and the only thing she has going for herself is that "I am the chosen one" thingy, with an apparent Alessa-sent paternal figure that kicks ass in the form of Pyramid Head.

Game Heather starts off confused, scared, worried, and just wanting to go home to her dad, but when she's deprived of it, plus starts gaining Alessa's memories and rebuilding her endurance based on her and Alessa's experiences from scratch, she slowly evolves to become one of the most badass female characters in the history of gaming, and she does it with a charm. (She may not be Morrigan much less Sarah Kerrigan, *but* I've gotta admit lines like "Is everyone here a mental case?" and "I guess you're not a person, yada yada yada" are certainly remarkable. Not to mention telling the woman who was about to change the world as we know it, killed her father and essentially drove Heather through all this nightmarish crap "Looks like God didn't make it"...) The regained endurance from Alessa is build upon and Heather grows capable to deal with essentially everything the Cult or Silent Hill can throw at her, to an even greater extent than her dad, even to the point that once she finds closure, she can joke about it.

Essentially while the starting point of Heathers' are quite similar, their development (or stunt of their growth...) go in completely different directions.

Reki

Heather's Personality

Post by Reki on Sun May 10, 2015 4:06 pm

I love Heather, she always felt like a strong person, but also very caring and with a good judgemental mind. Just badass really.

Tenebra

... I meant everything.

Heather's Personality

Post by Tenebra on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:49 pm

Reki wrote:I love Heather, she always felt like a strong person, but also very caring and with a good judgemental mind. Just badass really.

Yep!.

In fact, I'm in love with her since the first day. <3

The_Sinful

Heather's Personality

Post by The_Sinful on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:12 pm

Venithil wrote:
Charon wrote:The character in the movie is trying to act like a rough, rebel girl and in the end is just a pussy crybaby.

Hopefully the Revenge or Normal endings signify better times for... Cheryl, though.

In either case, both Heather's are very different.

The movie Heather is, essentially, from the beggining to the end, the undeveloped childish girl who stepped in way too much crap and the only thing she has going for herself is that "I am the chosen one" thingy, with an apparent Alessa-sent paternal figure that kicks ass in the form of Pyramid Head.

Game Heather starts off confused, scared, worried, and just wanting to go home to her dad, but when she's deprived of it, plus starts gaining Alessa's memories and rebuilding her endurance based on her and Alessa's experiences from scratch, she slowly evolves to become one of the most badass female characters in the history of gaming, and she does it with a charm. (She may not be Morrigan much less Sarah Kerrigan, *but* I've gotta admit lines like "Is everyone here a mental case?" and "I guess you're not a person, yada yada yada" are certainly remarkable. Not to mention telling the woman who was about to change the world as we know it, killed her father and essentially drove Heather through all this nightmarish crap "Looks like God didn't make it"...) The regained endurance from Alessa is build upon and Heather grows capable to deal with essentially everything the Cult or Silent Hill can throw at her, to an even greater extent than her dad, even to the point that once she finds closure, she can joke about it.

Essentially while the starting point of Heathers' are quite similar, their development (or stunt of their growth...) go in completely different directions.

I agree with this guy....although she doesn't appear to be the MOST badass female in gaming though...I played Alien Isolation my thoughts at what a female can do simply changed.

Neurotic

Glitch Magnet

Heather's Personality

Post by Neurotic on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:04 am

My interpretation of Heather in "Silent Hill 3" was that of a worldy beyond her years pragmatist, definitely got an atheist-vibe going on too. Great sense of humor! Ridiculously self-sufficient, take the introduction sequence for example; So self-sufficient that she doesn't see the need to get into a roller coaster car to ride the roller coaster! :P

Heather: "I'm not much for sentimental slop like "Romeo and Juliet"

YES!!! I would've loved to hear her monologing for an hour about that one.

Heather: "One line from "Macbeth" that I just can't forget: "Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more."

She totally puts me to shame with that one, the one line I can't forget is; "Come you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts! Unsex me here and fill me from the crown to the toe topful of direst cruelty!"....I have issues..

I don't remember anything about Heather from the movie, other than thinking she looked a bit like Michelle Williams. Worth a rewatch or best left in oblivion?

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Heather's Personality

Post by Oohfakanorus on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:07 am

Neurotic wrote:
I don't remember anything about Heather from the movie, other than thinking she looked a bit like Michelle Williams. Worth a rewatch or best left in oblivion?

Well I managed to watch it 5 times! Don't feel like watching it again soon though. (Maybe later at the weekend)
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Heather's Personality

Post by Otherworld on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:16 am

Oohfakanorus wrote:
Neurotic wrote:

Well I managed to watch it 5 times! Don't feel like watching it again soon though. (Maybe later at the weekend)

5 times !

Your a glutton for punishment !

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Heather's Personality

Post by Oohfakanorus on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:34 am

Otherworld wrote:
Oohfakanorus wrote:
Neurotic wrote:

5 times !

Your a glutton for punishment !

Well one of them was at the actual Cinema and then the rest has been in the comfort of my own bedroom.
I used to play it through a thick TV that used to be the families for the past 14 years. A few years into taking it upstairs into my bedroom, one of my cats (The one on the first page of "Post Your Pictures" thread) liked to sit on the warm thick back.
She pissed on it and broke it!
My DVD lead won't reach my TV now, and who wants to watch films on the PS3 when you could play HDC for extra bruises!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Neurotic

Glitch Magnet

Heather's Personality

Post by Neurotic on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:34 am

Did someone say Glutton?! I'll go get the ropes! :P

Previous

Return to Silent Hill 3