StaticDistress

Distressed.

error occurred during system data saving data not saved

Post by StaticDistress on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:53 am

I keep getting this message on the pc version of silent hill 3. It has no effect on gameplay, saving or whatnot. But it does affect my unlocks. It changes everything to default as well. So I unlocked new costumes and the like, but when I loaded the game back up, it didn't give me the option to access them and my save game didn't have them

this is getting frustrating, I have searched high and low (even google) and have found no fix.

please help.

Strangelove

Lost in my own thoughts.

Post by Strangelove on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:48 pm

What OS are you using?
Member of SHC? Add me on MSN or Steam!

LXMETALC

Still figuring it all out...

Post by LXMETALC on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:25 am

Answering this because:

I have searched high and low (even google) and have found no fix.

People may find this page as a google result. Windows 7 is a bit retarded about it's protected program files. With the game closed, go to where it's installed and click on the properties for the folder, and where it says edit permission click on edit. The trick here is to give you, your name, your computers name or "users" full control by ticking all the boxes. It may come up saying this isn't allowed or possible, so you may have to go and find your profile/user security options in control panel, change them so you have full control and come back and try again. I honestly fought the system for a solid ten minutes before I cracked it and I'm not sure what combination of expletives finally convinced W7 to let me use my own computer so here is a better walkthrough.

http://www.blogsdna.com/2159/how-to-tak ... dows-7.htm

Hope this helps anyone that finds this. Applies to vista too.

also to get my post count up
Tomm Hulett wrote:It’s like I feed off the hate.

Ratiocinator

Partner

Undeniably Nerdy. Exceedingly Cool.

Post by Ratiocinator on Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Resurrecting this old thread in case you read it, LXMETALC: Thanks for the info. Options settings actually save for the game now!

Return to Silent Hill 3