LisaGarland

Silent Hill 3: Feminist Perspective

Post by LisaGarland on Fri May 19, 2017 10:25 am

I liked the fact you could play as a woman for a change. Every single other SH game has you play as a male character.
Come to think of it - nearly EVERY video game these days has you play as a male character (except a few)

This may sound slightly sexist (I assure you it isn't meant to sound the way it may do to some)
I actually found playing as a female character only added to the horror - I felt more protective of them and vulnerable at the same time (games like Project Zero for example)

I'm not suggesting that woman are less capable then men or anything - its just how I feel. I'm all for more female leads in video games!! I miss Regina from Dino Crisis too - damn they need to bring that back or reboot :cry:
"I won't tell a soul. Promise. So please...."

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 am

I personally really wish we could play as more women in these games. That was definitely a nice change binging the Fatal Frame games.

For a series that has a lot to do with personal demons, which alone opens the doors to massive amounts of creativity, there isn't a whole fuck of a lot of it when it comes to diversity of the main characters.

Kinda weird how Heather is the only girl we play as in the series and her game was probably the most brutal, cruel and fucked up in the series too.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am

Agreed. I really enjoyed playing this character below.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill 3