golfisfun

Leave Ending

Post by golfisfun on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:42 am

What do I need to do to get the Leave ending? I finally got SH2 on PC and I want to play and get the leave ending.

Kurosawa

Leave Ending

Post by Kurosawa on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:10 am

Requirement: To receive this ending James must act like he wants to survive. Keeping stamina healthy, not doing suicidal things, and acting like you want to find Mary by going in the correct directions. This ending is the easiest to achieve and if you just play through without aiming for a certain ending, this is the one you're most likely to get. Do the following and you should get this ending.

-Recover your stamina (health) as soon as it drops. Try to keep green stamina throughout the whole game
-After meeting Maria in Rosewater Park do not head east and do not make Maria tell James which direction the Hotel lies
-Listen to the entire sick in bed conversation of Mary in the last long corridor before the last boss fight
-Do everything that is recommended to avoid the Maria Ending

Avoid the Leave Ending:
-When your health drops, don't be too quick to heal and don't worry too much when you have red status

http://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh2/endings_en.htm

golfisfun

Leave Ending

Post by golfisfun on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:59 am

So anytime I get hurt I should heal right up? How do I get Maria to not tell me where the hotel is? Just walk away from her?

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Leave Ending

Post by Otherworld on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:48 am

golfisfun wrote:So anytime I get hurt I should heal right up? How do I get Maria to not tell me where the hotel is? Just walk away from her?

Keep your interactions with Maria as minimal as possible and make sure James is still searching for Mary and not acting like he is being enticed by Maria.

If she stays in a spot for one reason or another do not go and check on her ......

golfisfun

Leave Ending

Post by golfisfun on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:52 pm

Does it matter if I play it on normal or easy to get that ending? Same with the puzzles?

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Leave Ending

Post by Otherworld on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm

golfisfun wrote:Does it matter if I play it on normal or easy to get that ending? Same with the puzzles?

I don't think it matters.

Jokie

Leave Ending

Post by Jokie on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Good coincidence! I just happened to determine this by looking at the code!
The Leave ending is pretty easy to get if you're just going through the game for the first time. The healing only counts how much you heal over the max. Also to put chances on your side, get maria hurt a little, and bump in her a bunch.
If you want specifics, I posted the precise numbers the game is looking at ( viewtopic.php?f=21&t=438108&p=7684034#p7684034 ), but obviously this contains spoilers, so only look at it if you're fine with it.

Return to Silent Hill 2