DipDop

Miriam K. - Traitor/Some Ending Stuff

Post by DipDop on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:30 am

Recently, I've been replaying through the entire SH series. Started with one and just beat 2. About to start 3.

One thing I'm wondering is, did we ever figure out who Miriam K was? I did google it and no one seemed to know either. Also, I must add, I forgot how freaking powerful this game was. Goodness. It's been about 4-5 years since I last beat it and I still teared up at the end.

Has anyone else always felt the Leave ending was the true ending? Granted, there is no "canon" ending to this game, but to me the Leave ending has always felt like the true one. James is constantly taunted suicide by the town, but he comes to terms with what he has done.

Eddie didn't, and in a way, died by his own hand by forcing James'. I sympathize with Eddie, but he showed his true colors in which he voiced that he enjoyed killing. I think Eddie was a doomed soul from the start who just needed a reason to cross the line. Angela couldn't overcome the torment she sustained and also died by her own hand. Angela of course had every right to defend herself, but unfortunately like most victims, she couldn't see that her abuser was in the wrong and couldn't overcome her own demons.

But James was different. He did come to grips on what he had done and he vocalizes it during the fight with Pyramid Head and then Maria. Why would he then kill himself? It makes no sense. Everything about this game is taunting James about his suicide, even the save screen appears to show him underwater. Then towards the end, he finally figures out what he had done and why he was there. He beats his "demons" and Mary and him share a final, emotional conversation where she tells him to move on and live his life.

I've always thought of the In Water ending more like just another "Game Over" screen, as you failed to truly conquer the town. The more I've thought about it over the years, the In Water ending being the "true" ending makes no sense.

Anyways, that's just my opinion anyways. People argue the fact that his dad states he's missing in SH 4, but I doubt James would ever go back to his old life after leaving Silent Hill. I'd guess he'd change his name, adopt Laura, and live just like Mary wanted him too.

James is quite the compelling character, that's for sure.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:17 am

No, it was never revealed and maybe has something to do with the cult.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

DipDop

Post by DipDop on Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:48 am

Lilith wrote:No, it was never revealed and maybe has something to do with the cult.

This was the wildest theory I saw on it:

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:44894

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:17 am

At first I was like wtf. Then I realized they had logic to back it up but... I still think it's a bit of a stretch.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:33 am

I have no idea who Miriam K is either.

As far James, suicide is the very reason he heads to town in the first place. So James is already suicidal before he is called.

Return to Silent Hill 2