RPT

About PC Versions

Post by RPT on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:22 pm

If anybody familiar with the PC versions can you tell me the differences. I'm trying to figure out which version do I have.

I saw a version that doesn't have Director's Cut in the title and the background was like the PS2 Version, and still has Born from a Wish scenario, the font in this version is also like PS2 version, bold. The other version has DC logo on the title and simple black background with simple font, that's is the version I have. I think I'm a little confused.

Centenaro

About PC Versions

Post by Centenaro on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:46 pm

As far as I know, all PC versions contain Maria's scenario. Director's Cut is European and normal version is American. There are absolutely no differences between them except for the menu titles and some language options.
Last edited by Centenaro on Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:20 pm.

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

About PC Versions

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:48 pm

There's a European Director's Cut on Pc. Any DC will feature Born from a wish scenario but the Chainsaw available at the beginning of the game I think may only be available on the European DC Pc version.

RPT

About PC Versions

Post by RPT on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:32 am

Well, there's 3 years between PC releases. And I'm told the latest EU release is superior, it's about textures and latest having 7.1 sound, I don't really remember.

But whatever version it is, it doesn't matter to me. It's simply a very bad port: Long pauses between loadings, very low quality of sound, excruciatingly slow camera and very simple, inadequate fog that can't hide the things it should hide. How one tolerates this on PC is beyond me. Because the original PS2 version is nothing like that.

DmxDex

About PC Versions

Post by DmxDex on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:35 am

There are plenty of mods to fix all that.

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

About PC Versions

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:24 pm

RPT wrote:Well, there's 3 years between PC releases. And I'm told the latest EU release is superior, it's about textures and latest having 7.1 sound, I don't really remember.

But whatever version it is, it doesn't matter to me. It's simply a very bad port: Long pauses between loadings, very low quality of sound, excruciatingly slow camera and very simple, inadequate fog that can't hide the things it should hide. How one tolerates this on PC is beyond me. Because the original PS2 version is nothing like that.

I played the Pc version about 7 or 8 years ago having not played the PS2 version and thought it was fine. Then years later I got the PS2 version and noticed how the entire game looks different because half the fog isn't there and what fog there is, is all smoothed and doesn't have particle effects in it, doesn't pool probably, lacks volume etc. I'm playing the game on PCSX2 emulator with an Xbox 360 controller, graphics are exactly like they where on Ps2 I'd recommend you do that if you don't have a PS2 anymore like me.

golfisfun

About PC Versions

Post by golfisfun on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:53 pm

DmxDex wrote:There are plenty of mods to fix all that.

Link please??

Return to Silent Hill 2