Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Celebrating 15 Years of ‘Silent Hill 2’

Post by Otherworld on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:54 am

Happy belated Anniversary Silent Hill 2 !

Thank you for opening my eyes as to what video games are, and what they can be ....

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:12 am

Happy Birthday Silent Hill 2!
First one I touched in 2007, and no doubt will continue to attract new people as long as the discs remain!
Here's to the next 15!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:39 pm

I lost my head again, would you cry for me?

MisterY

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Post by MisterY on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:18 am

To fucking hell with this game, this game have ruined my life... this fucking philosophy behind
this game was beautifull first, but this philosophy was going reallly out of hand and have gave
me depression and have maked me paranoid(I hope)
Demon Slayer

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:57 am

MisterY wrote:To fucking hell with this game, this game have ruined my life... this fucking philosophy behind
this game was beautifull first, but this philosophy was going reallly out of hand and have gave

How so ?

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:13 am

Otherworld wrote:
MisterY wrote:To fucking hell with this game, this game have ruined my life... this fucking philosophy behind

How so ?

Sounds so incoherent! :\

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:47 pm

^I don't think English is MisterY's first language.

MisterY

Post by MisterY on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Otherworld wrote:

How so ?

It turned everyone in fucking assholes... with their fucking heads in it...
Demon Slayer

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:53 pm

How is everyone an asshole because of Silent Hill 2?

MisterY

Post by MisterY on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Otherworld wrote:How is everyone an asshole because of Silent Hill 2?

Everybody "knows" of my philosophy, they let me know they know and used it against me, and i dont know why also.
it makes me paranoid, depressed, and feared im going to hell, im afraid they gonna torture me, it just a matter of time.
so.. in this life im gonna be tortured and in the next life, the same very people, gonna me makes a reallyyy good person.
sounds logic right? i say no, but i dont know for sure. the whole world knows about it, and dont do nothing about it.
Demon Slayer

MisterY

Post by MisterY on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Pfff im fealling really better now.. how? going ovr some things.. makes me calm. thank you
Demon Slayer

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Well this thread took a weird turn fast.

But 15 years, really? This game definitely changed my life and affected it in so many ways. I'm deeply thankful for it and can't believe it's been that long.

Parvatii

Mind of Destructive Taste

Post by Parvatii on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:05 am

It was 14 when it came out. But I played it at 15. It did change my life forever, forced me to think about things no 15 year old would normally think of. It also got me into Silent Hill. Afterwards, I played the first, and waited in anticipation for the 3rd.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:45 am

Xuchilbara wrote:It was 14 when it came out.
? :\

Tenebra

... I meant everything.

Post by Tenebra on Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:25 am

My case is similar to Xuchilbara & Tabris. Silent Hill 2 is the first game of the series that I played. And it changed my life deeply, yep. After that I continued with the 1st, 3rd, etc, etc.

It changed my life because it was the first game that really made me think, that made me feel, a mixed feelings invaded me. I felt it real and that was something that never had happened to me before. Before Silent Hill 2 I used to see a lot of horror movies and played many horror games and I used to think that there was nothing that could deeply disturb me, let alone a game, thats what I thought, this game showed me otherwise. How a game was able to touch me this way? I do not know, but I know I will never forget it.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:19 am

I played this game at a time in my life that ensured it had a profound impact on me. Reading the many other posts of how this video game....a video game.... changed their lives like it changed mine just allows me to appreciate this game that much more.

It completely obliterated the idea of what a video game was.

Funny thing is, and I have seen Xuchilbara post this time and time again.

There will never be another Silent Hill 2. To be honest, I am more than OK with that.

Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:03 am

I finished Silent Hill 2 the first time a few years ago on Christmas. It will probably become a tradition since I did it again last Christmas. One of my favorite games, love it. Don't even have the right words to describe it, it truly was a huge leap for video gaming.

Parvatii

Mind of Destructive Taste

Post by Parvatii on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Renacimiento wrote:My case is similar to Xuchilbara & Tabris. Silent Hill 2 is the first game of the series that I played. And it changed my life deeply, yep. After that I continued with the 1st, 3rd, etc, etc.

It changed my life because it was the first game that really made me think, that made me feel, a mixed feelings invaded me. I felt it real and that was something that never had happened to me before. Before Silent Hill 2 I used to see a lot of horror movies and played many horror games and I used to think that there was nothing that could deeply disturb me, let alone a game, thats what I thought, this game showed me otherwise. How a game was able to touch me this way? I do not know, but I know I will never forget it.

I felt the same at the time. I mostly played like Parasite eve and Resident evil. I thought I was unscarable, until SH2 came along.

Also, got tired of scifi horror and was ready for supernatural horror that was just as good. So I am glad SH2 existed, because we really needed it at the time.

I have to say the whole experience the first time felt like I was playing through a movie, which I could not say for other games...

‎‎‎‎ wrote:
Xuchilbara wrote:It was 14 when it came out.
? :\

Typo. It's supposed to be "I was 14 when it came out."

Otherworld wrote:I played this game at a time in my life that ensured it had a profound impact on me. Reading the many other posts of how this video game....a video game.... changed their lives like it changed mine just allows me to appreciate this game that much more.

It completely obliterated the idea of what a video game was.

Funny thing is, and I have seen Xuchilbara post this time and time again.

There will never be another Silent Hill 2. To be honest, I am more than OK with that.

I am def okay with it because the game is very unique and stand alone. Why would I want that to be taken away from it? I would rather modern SH do their own thing and I think SHSM did a very good job of it.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:18 pm

There's a reason why this game is the most popular in the series. It kinda set the bar for other SH games to follow. At the time the game dealt with mature themes and characters that was broken in one way or another. And the game was a visual powerhouse after making that transition from SH1.

You could tell the artists put everything into this game and it seemed like they was finally happy that they could render fog in a way that would not be used to cover up the environment pop-ups (well maybe it still did) but the fog at least was more fully realized, but the story was the main draw here and SH 2 did an amazing job cementing it's legacy in this franchise.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Message Deleted

Next

Return to Silent Hill 2