theREALmgo

SH2HD: New music?

Post by theREALmgo on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:01 am

Hey all! I haven't played through the HD collection, but I've always thought that the music/ambience of the Silent Hill universe was just as important as the fog and other things of that sort. I know that some of the music in the HD port was changed, such as the guitar song in the "I got a letter" sequence (it is an electric guitar rather than acoustic) and "Null Moon" (there is a "bell" sound in it now). I'm guessing there's more differences. Does anyone have any rips of the HD soundtrack? It would be much appreciated!

Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:14 pm

As far as I know there is no rip for those tracks. It takes some effort to make them and since the game wasn't well received people haven't shown interest in the work.

Utada

Post by Utada on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:52 pm

theREALmgo wrote:I'm guessing there's more differences.

Well, you guessed right: https://youtu.be/wya4XhTPMcc?t=2443

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Not the biggest fan of Twin Perfect sometimes but holy shit I had no idea it was <that> bad.

I only played SH2:HD once to see what it was all about. I noticed a few things off in the music. I didn't hate the experience but if I had the choice, I'd always, always go with the original.

I attempted to give SH3:HD a chance but I couldn't do it. I don't think I even made it past the intro. I hated it so, so very much. I seen bits and pieces of it while my ex played it and I had no idea how she could do it. I don't think it was a pleasant experience for her anyways.

That video does a pretty good job at showing many reasons why the collection was so appalling. The music and sounds in Silent Hill are way too important for that. The changes were just ridiculous.

Return to Silent Hill 2