MisterY

Member

User avatar

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Posts: 119

Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:47 pm

1. We all know that silent hill isnt your everyday horror,
and that silent hill isnt about ghost, devils, or other supernatural elements.
no silent hill supposed to be symbolic, its metaphysical.
It deals with really heavy aspects, psychological aspects,
Its about a broken man who needs to accept his flaws to go on with his life. silent hill
should help him with this. Silent hill is like mirror of the psychological innerlife
of a person, and reflect his problems into a metaphysical reality. so he can take a
clear look inside his head, and see whats really going on. so he can go on with his life
but maybe im takin it too seriously, its just a game isnt it? yea i thought so.
what you guys thinks about this?


2.When i first play this game, i thought it was about ghosts and supernatural elements,
It was not the story that got me, but the atmosphere. Hell i was even skippin all the cutscenes
couse i dindt have the patience of it.
I find out about the story and its metaphysical meaning on Youtube by accident
and from that i was gonna give it a try to study it myself and came on this site
reading much theories here also.
and over the years, i came up with ideas, some of them i rejected, some of them still
are in my head. you could say i was really hooked on this philosophy of silent hill
i was really addicted.
So how did you guys finds out that it wasnt about ghost or whatever?

3. What are you final conclusions about the story?

P.S, Excuse my english and my way of typing, its easier for me to read then to write.
But i hope you getting the picture. sometimes if i read some theories here, i wish
i could write as beautifull like that... but i cant... im still trying:p
Demon Slayer
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6512

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Otherworld on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:52 pm

You have some great questions. All I can really do is offer up my own interpretation.

I will do so knowing that you have played the game, and hoping you are familiar with all of it's endings.

Here is one of my theories on the game and it's story.

http://www.silenthillcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=436367
Image
 
 
 
 
 

MisterY

Member

User avatar

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Posts: 119

Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Otherworld wrote:You have some great questions. All I can really do is offer up my own interpretation.

I will do so knowing that you have played the game, and hoping you are familiar with all of it's endings.

Here is one of my theories on the game and it's story.

http://www.silenthillcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=436367


Thanks for the information, and yes i have played the game countless times, not to mention
the theories i read, and i can say im pretty familiar with the endings...
in case you might want to know my ideas on the endings...
so we can discuss this further...
well... here are mine ideas

Yeah...
- In Water supposed to be a bad ending "he cant accept the truth". He killed himself.
- Leave is suppposed to be a good ending "he accept the truth" He goes on with his life.
- Maria ending is supposed like Silent Hill was never happened. he dont have learned everything from it.
- Rebirth ending is supposed like it all was just a dream or in other worlds
mary didnt never die he comes with terms it was just a delusion nothing more if we are supossed to take this
not litteraly, bring someone back from the death dont exist! If Silent Hill isnt supernatural at all
then i think this will be a logical interpretation dont you think? Maybe...

Oooh. Study Silent Hill is so much fun. I love this... dont you guys:)
Yeahh well mistery, What the hell are we doing here, if we dont like this..:P
Oh yeah... stupid of me:p
Thank you.

Oh, and the other two Endings supposed to be joke endings so... i have really laughed my ass off on that one.
Yeah it was a good joke dont you think? Hahaha:P

And now i come think of it, the psychological system in Silent Hill isnt the same system as in Real Life
I mean... How the hell can you forgot that you killed your wife? was he stoned?
did he have a car accident? Or is he just forgetable person like maria mentioned in one of the cutscenes?
Demon Slayer
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6512

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Otherworld on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:08 pm

MisterY wrote:- In Water supposed to be a bad ending "he cant accept the truth". He killed himself.
- Leave is suppposed to be a good ending "he accept the truth" He goes on with his life.
- Maria ending is supposed like Silent Hill was never happened. he dont have learned everything from it.
- Rebirth ending is supposed like it all was just a dream or in other worlds
mary didnt never die he comes with terms it was just a delusion nothing more if we are supossed to take this
not litteraly, bring someone back from the death dont exist! If Silent Hill isnt supernatural at all
then i think this will be a logical interpretation dont you think? Maybe...


There are different truths depending on the ending you get, and there are supernatural elements to the franchise. The power of the town comes from the land and the lake.

In all of the serious endings Mary is dead, and Rebirth is just as real as the others.

James journey through Silent Hill is a metaphysical journey of self discovery. In this journey the fact remains, James has killed Mary.


Have you watched all of the cut scenes?
Image
 
 
 
 
 

MisterY

Member

User avatar

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Posts: 119

Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 am

Otherworld wrote:
MisterY wrote:- In Water supposed to be a bad ending "he cant accept the truth". He killed himself.
- Leave is suppposed to be a good ending "he accept the truth" He goes on with his life.
- Maria ending is supposed like Silent Hill was never happened. he dont have learned everything from it.
- Rebirth ending is supposed like it all was just a dream or in other worlds
mary didnt never die he comes with terms it was just a delusion nothing more if we are supossed to take this
not litteraly, bring someone back from the death dont exist! If Silent Hill isnt supernatural at all
then i think this will be a logical interpretation dont you think? Maybe...


There are different truths depending on the ending you get, and there are supernatural elements to the franchise. The power of the town comes from the land and the lake.

In all of the serious endings Mary is dead, and Rebirth is just as real as the others.

James journey through Silent Hill is a metaphysical journey of self discovery. In this journey the fact remains, James has killed Mary.


Have you watched all of the cut scenes?


Yes i did, but maybe its time rewatch some of em. .
Im really in the Silent Hill mood today also. i was forgot how much fun Silent Hill is
to study Silent Hill and go through the nice theories here on this site,
reading this stuff brings ideas in my head like nothing else... I LOVE IT!
Demon Slayer
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6512

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Otherworld on Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:22 am

I get into those moods too, and I am always happy to discuss theories about the franchise and about this game in particular.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

MisterY

Member

User avatar

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Posts: 119

Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:35 pm

Otherworld wrote:I get into those moods too, and I am always happy to discuss theories about the franchise and about this game in particular.


Thanks again for helping me out with your information. It was really helpfull.
It really shed light on some events i was stuck with, its like it was the perfect key ellement for it.
what you just give me, it was the perfect chosen theory to those elements i was study.
Maybe too perfect. like you knew i was looking for... Just Joking:p or maybe you did.. who knows:p
If you can read my thoughts, i dont hope so, i dont feel comfortable people reading my thoughts:p
I just had to do this earlier, asking questions about Silent Hill. dont ask me what events are
lightened, couse i dont have a answer for this, its a more abstract understanding of the game.
i cant express this in words so good.

Much Love, MisterY
Last edited by MisterY on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:08 am.
Demon Slayer
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6512

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Otherworld on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:06 pm

I am glad to help. And again, I enjoy the discussions. I must of just got lucky with that link. ;)
Image
 
 
 
 
 

soulkeeper1234

Posts: 3

Joined: Sep 16, 2015

Silent Hill Questions

Post by soulkeeper1234 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:51 am

so he can take a
clear look inside his head, and see whats really going on :o
เข้าจีคลับ
 
 
 
 
 
 

Neurotic

Glitch Magnet

Posts: 47

Joined: Mar 05, 2016

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Neurotic on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:28 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a game 'too seriously', what if the game is something more than just entertainment? What if it is trying to teach something/communicate a deeper message?

There are many examples of fictional stories that aren't just for the purpose of entertainment, "1984" by George Orwell, for example. It presents a plausible future for humanity to the reader.

1. I'm rather unsure of the purpose of Silent Hill or if it even has a purpose. To me it appears nefarious. If it's intended purpose was to assist broken people with finding a way to go on with their lives, then it's did a shitty job considering what happened to Angela and Eddie.

2. I'm still not certain if there aren't any ghosts in the SH games, we saw quite a few of them in SH4 after all.

Considering that The Order appears to be a messy amalgamation of many real-life religious mythologies, it seems to me that it's open for a lot of interpretation in regards to life, death, afterlife..etc..

3. My current personal conclusion is that the James we see in SH2 isn't the real James.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6512

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Otherworld on Thu May 12, 2016 10:48 am

Neurotic wrote:I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a game 'too seriously', what if the game is something more than just entertainment? What if it is trying to teach something/communicate a deeper message?


I don't think Silent Hill works in that manner. After the events of the first game, the theme of punishing sinners is prevalent. Sinners like Angela, that would normally garner a lot more sympathy from others.

Neurotic wrote:There are many examples of fictional stories that aren't just for the purpose of entertainment, "1984" by George Orwell, for example. It presents a plausible future for humanity to the reader.


Agreed.

Neurotic wrote:1. I'm rather unsure of the purpose of Silent Hill or if it even has a purpose. To me it appears nefarious. If it's intended purpose was to assist broken people with finding a way to go on with their lives, then it's did a shitty job considering what happened to Angela and Eddie.


Agreed. In stories like 2 and DP, the reason all parties are called is in part to punish them for their sins.

Neurotic wrote:2. I'm still not certain if there aren't any ghosts in the SH games, we saw quite a few of them in SH4 after all. Considering that The Order appears to be a messy amalgamation of many real-life religious mythologies, it seems to me that it's open for a lot of interpretation in regards to life, death, afterlife..etc..


Image

There is a lot we still do not know about those beliefs. We never will IMO.

Neurotic wrote:3. My current personal conclusion is that the James we see in SH2 isn't the real James.


Who is he then ? Which James is he? I am intrigued .....
Image
 
 
 
 
 

devil hunter

Member

User avatar

Ghost

Posts: 6603

Joined: Sep 28, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by devil hunter on Thu May 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Otherworld wrote:Who is he then ? Which James is he? I am intrigued .....


It's the James from P.T.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6512

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Otherworld on Thu May 12, 2016 12:45 pm

devil hunter wrote:
Otherworld wrote:Who is he then ? Which James is he? I am intrigued .....


It's the James from P.T.


This one ???

Image
Image
 
 
 
 
 

devil hunter

Member

User avatar

Ghost

Posts: 6603

Joined: Sep 28, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by devil hunter on Thu May 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Yep.

"Are you sure the only you is you".
 
 
 
 
 
 

MisterY

Member

User avatar

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Posts: 119

Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Fri May 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Maybe a stupid question, what about the items of the rebirth ritual
in sh2... what could white chrism be? its a kinda of a drugs,
i know that much, but is it a made up kind of drugs?
or does it appear in the Real World? and why the name change?
Demon Slayer
 
 
 
 
 

Xuchilbara

Moderator

User avatar

The Red God

Posts: 8703

Joined: Feb 21, 2006

Location: United States

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Xuchilbara on Fri May 13, 2016 7:24 pm

MisterY wrote:Maybe a stupid question, what about the items of the rebirth ritual
in sh2... what could white chrism be? its a kinda of a drugs,
i know that much, but is it a made up kind of drugs?
or does it appear in the Real World? and why the name change?



Born from a wish wrote:Memo Title: Plant Encyclopedia : Acacia
Acacia

A genus of evergreen trees of the
mimosa tribe of the pea family.
Its tiny flowers are yellow or white
and grow in clusters. Common
varieties include the "gum tree".

The Acacia Tree is a potent symbol
in many religions across the World.
In Christianity it represents eternal
life and morality.

In ancient Egypt it represented
purity and rebirth, while in ancient
Babylonia it was thought of as the
tree of the Goddess Ishtar and was
a symbol of Life.

It was also a holy tree to the
Ancient Jews who built the sacred
Ark of the Covenenant from it and
for whom it signified a peaceful
death and a release from grief.

(Note: "Covenenant" is a spelling
error; should be "Covenant")
-----------------------------------
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)
 
 
 
 
 

MisterY

Member

User avatar

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Posts: 119

Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Fri May 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Xuchilbara wrote:
MisterY wrote:Maybe a stupid question, what about the items of the rebirth ritual
in sh2... what could white chrism be? its a kinda of a drugs,
i know that much, but is it a made up kind of drugs?
or does it appear in the Real World? and why the name change?



Born from a wish wrote:Memo Title: Plant Encyclopedia : Acacia
Acacia

A genus of evergreen trees of the
mimosa tribe of the pea family.
Its tiny flowers are yellow or white
and grow in clusters. Common
varieties include the "gum tree".

The Acacia Tree is a potent symbol
in many religions across the World.
In Christianity it represents eternal
life and morality.

In ancient Egypt it represented
purity and rebirth, while in ancient
Babylonia it was thought of as the
tree of the Goddess Ishtar and was
a symbol of Life.

It was also a holy tree to the
Ancient Jews who built the sacred
Ark of the Covenenant from it and
for whom it signified a peaceful
death and a release from grief.

(Note: "Covenenant" is a spelling
error; should be "Covenant")
-----------------------------------


Thank You, but you got any idea what drug this might be? i mean does it
appear in Real Life? i guess it aint, if it does, im thinkin weed, is the first idea
comes in my head, becouse it comes from a plant, or maybe amphetamine,
becouse its liquid... but those 2, dont have a Hallicunating Effects,
and what do i have to think by hallicunating? seeing things like LSD?
or more like XTC?
Demon Slayer
 
 
 
 
 

MisterY

Member

User avatar

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Posts: 119

Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Fri May 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Oh i just look it up on the net, i supposed it leaves weed out? i have read further.
And could you give me the source of this text? Thanks.
Demon Slayer
 
 
 
 
 

Xuchilbara

Moderator

User avatar

The Red God

Posts: 8703

Joined: Feb 21, 2006

Location: United States

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Xuchilbara on Sat May 14, 2016 8:19 pm

MisterY wrote:Oh i just look it up on the net, i supposed it leaves weed out? i have read further.
And could you give me the source of this text? Thanks.

I googled Silent Hill 2 memos and the gamefaqs post should come up.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)
 
 
 
 
 

MisterY

Member

User avatar

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Posts: 119

Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Sun May 15, 2016 3:19 am

:geek: Well, Thank You Very Much. :geek:
Demon Slayer
 
 
 
Next


Return to Silent Hill 2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests