MisterY

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Sat May 21, 2016 12:38 pm

somebody knows how many days it takes for james to go through silent hill?
and i mean "officially"
Demon Slayer

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Otherworld on Sat May 21, 2016 7:22 pm

I don't really think it takes him days. He does spend a lot of time in Silent Hill but his journey wouldn't take him days IMO.

Tabris

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Tabris on Tue May 24, 2016 11:46 am

Pretty sure it was only really one day, not even really.

It seems to start off in the afternoon. At one point around the bowling alley, the fog gets tinged with the sunset. After Brookhaven, it's brutally abyss-level night. Once you leave the Historical Society it's morning.

It always seemed to me just one absurdly brutal day. But it's also Silent Hill so who the hell knows.

MisterY

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Sat May 28, 2016 10:28 am

Thank you for the reactions. so its 1 day, 24 hours, for James atleast,
for the player its much shorter depending on how much you know in silent hill
for me it takes about 8 or 9 hours to finish silent hill. but in a Speed Run
you can finish it in about 2 hours or less. but the first time, the time mostly
got up depending on how fast you solve the puzzles, me myself, i had really
not much trouble with it, but in the hospital, when you have to solve
the puzzle in Room 14, i was missing the clue, the number in the isolation room
i had missed.. or atleast the last number of it. so i had to go through the
hospital a several times, i finally find the last number by accident, wich was
in the isolation room. i had to find nothing on youtube wich i hate. expect the latest
puzzle in the hotel, with the boxes.

But about the endings, if the Maria Ending suggest that James must go through Silent Hill
all over, it means it takes 2 days. am i right?
Demon Slayer

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Otherworld on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:39 am

The Maria ending insinuates IMO that James must watch Maria die over and over and over again. Like a loop.

Venithil

Silent Hill Questions

Post by Venithil on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:51 pm

If you want to imply it more positively, Maria ending could give James a chance to do what he didn't/couldn't before (properly stand by the woman he loves when she's nearing death), but it has a strong vibe of 'You must still learn your lesson' one way or the other. But, there were whole topics about that before, and I don't really have the strength to present all the options again...

I like to make James' experience ever more plausible by imagining he didn't have a proper rest when he visits Silent Hill. He killed Mary, decided to drive there after formulating a 'plan', and has been sleepless for the whole night by the time he arrives. Making things like him imaginint a letter or carelessly putting his hand into walls and toilets marginally more... believable and less awkward, I guess?

You may want to believe when you exit the hospital, the night has fallen over Silent Hill. Since most endings seem to happen at morning or evening, it would imply James has been in town for inbetween 15-40 hours, and almost certainly less than two full days.

MisterY

Silent Hill Questions

Post by MisterY on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:50 am

I still sthink James has Split Personallity, but i do not think Silent Hill is evil anymore, if you look up to my
first thoery, you probaly gonna laugh, never mind, i do to:p but to come back on point, James split personallity
with the 2 Pyramid Heads representing them, and maria represents his heart(Not his wife!!) haha, joking.,
so Maybe 1 Pyramid Head represents also 12 hours, since your heart rymth is confused, time will stop
or will go to slow, or to fast, i dunno, something wrong, so your mind cant follow... your guys probaly gonna call
me nuts now, i only hope i dont get kipnadded and torturted by American/Russian goverment now while typing this.
hahaha joke

Greets MisterY. tell me what you think of this, and if you dont believe, just act like it, and come with ideas
so we take SH to a new intepretation, OK? Affirmative, nonono, you gotta listen they way people talking
you dont say affirmatve or some shit like that, you so no problemo. Hasta la vista baby! :chainsaw:
Last edited by MisterY on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:59 am.
Demon Slayer

Previous

Return to Silent Hill 2