Mercury

Silent Hill: Born From a Wish Theory by Fungo

Post by Mercury on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:36 pm

This is the other theory that Fungo sent me along with the Super Character Theory. This was also posted on HD, but you know the drill:
Ernest lost his 7 year old daughter, Amy, on his birthday some time back. Amy fell out the attic window. Since then, Ernest researched about the cult in Silent Hill reading up on topics/books such as "Lost Memories," "Acacia," and "Crimson Ceremony" trying to do whatever it took to revive his daughter from the dead. He may have been the old directer of Brookhaven Hospital (there's a picture of him in the Historical Society). In "Lost Memories" it says he needs three things to revive his daughter from the dead. One represented as Red (blood), another as white (mist), and another as black (night).

It states perfectly clear what it takes to revive his daughter.

"With words of blood, drops of mist, and the vessel of night..."

On the plates to the puzzle in the garden, it tells you what each color refers too. White refers to the White Chrism.

Black refers to the Chalice.

And red refers to the Book of Crimson Ceremony.

So if you read through "Lost Memories" again, this all makes sense. "Words" represents the words out of the Crimson Ceremony, "Drops" represents the liquid in the White Chrism, and "Vessel" refers to the Chalice which I believe is a vessel for the liquid in the White Chrism.

The puzzle in the garden also represents Ernests desire to revive his daughter, the plates - the tools he needs to revive Amy - helping to cover his sorrow.

When Amy died Ernest lost all of his joy, he felt that life was meaningless without her.

Until Ernest finds all that he needs to have the Gods of Silent Hill revive Amy, he will never give up.

The "boards" here represent the tools he needs to revive Amy. Until he can actually make use of them, he will swallow his sorrow and pain.

Ernest got two of the items he needed (the Chalice and the Book of Crimson Ceremony), until his fateful day. He somehow died and stayed haunting the mansion.

The only reason he still stuck around is because he still needed the White Chrism. As a ghost, he still had unfinished business to take care of. Since Ernest cannot leave the mansion he found the opportunity to free himself (perhaps not to free Amy anymore, but so he can be with Amy), so he gets Maria to get the White Chrism for him in the apartments next door. When Maria returns with it, he disappears because he got what he needed to be freed from the mansion.

I believe, since we all know that Ernest knows James, that right after he was freed, he went out and wrote messages to him. Even left a note to him on the porch next to the wrench. Why does he have such hatred for James? I don't really understand.

Here are some more interesting pictures from "Born from a Wish."

Thanks for listening. Any questions?

EDIT: I just re-uploaded the pics for convenience.
ya fuckin rite

PEACETALKER

Post by PEACETALKER on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Interesting except it's hard to believe that Ernest would, immediately after being free and being able to finally rest in peace along side Amy, spend his time haunting James. Why would he care at all about what happens to him?
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN

ERROR

Post by ERROR on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Is this a recent theory from him? Because I basically said all of that in 2001—except that the picture in the Historical Society depicts Dr. Baldwin.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Mercury

Post by Mercury on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 pm

BillMurraylives wrote:Interesting except it's hard to believe that Ernest would, immediately after being free and being able to finally rest in peace along side Amy, spend his time haunting James. Why would he care at all about what happens to him?
Yeah, I agree. It's difficult to know everything about Ernest, but I find it unlikely that he'd remain and help James considering what he tells Maria. I also don't think he hates James, but rather that he just knows of him.

ERROR wrote:Is this a recent theory from him? Because I basically said all of that in 2001—except that the picture in the Historical Society depicts Dr. Baldwin.
I have no idea how old it is. It's from back when he was hosting SHM on angelfire and he sent it along with that other one from '03.
ya fuckin rite

DarkVoid

Post by DarkVoid on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:16 am

Man! I didn't know there was a picture of Ernest in HS. How i missed it?
Well, based on a fact that he was a doctor and if we assume that these tragic events - deaths - had happened not much long ago - he could know both James and Mary (before James took her away from Sh) or even be her doctor (on earlier stage of her desease).
Hatter: "Do you know why raven is like a writing desk?"
Alice: "Because I'm a child of The Order!"

PEACETALKER

Post by PEACETALKER on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:43 am

DarkVoid wrote:Man! I didn't know there was a picture of Ernest in HS. How i missed it?
Well, based on a fact that he was a doctor and if we assume that these tragic events - deaths - had happened not much long ago - he could know both James and Mary (before James took her away from Sh) or even be her doctor (on earlier stage of her desease).

Unlikely seeing as how we don't know what kind of doctor Ernest is and more importantly Mary was not hospitalized in Silent Hill at all or I would imagine not even close to it.
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN

ERROR

Post by ERROR on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 pm

>Man! I didn't know there was a picture of Ernest in HS. How i missed it?<
You didn't. A painting of a previous director of Brookhaven Hospital is in the Historical Society. However, given that Ernest died recently, and the Historical Society features people and places from, you know, further back in history, it's highly unlikely the painting is of Dr. Baldwin.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

PEACETALKER

Post by PEACETALKER on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:55 am

ERROR wrote:>Man! I didn't know there was a picture of Ernest in HS. How i missed it?<
You didn't. A painting of a previous director of Brookhaven Hospital is in the Historical Society. However, given that Ernest died recently, and the Historical Society features people and places from, you know, further back in history, it's highly unlikely the painting is of Dr. Baldwin.

Interesting that they used the same name though so I think thats worth noting.

ERROR

Post by ERROR on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:33 pm

The name Ernest Baldwin doesn't appear in "Letter From Silent Heaven." That's my point. James just comments that the painting is of a previous director of the hospital, and that he must've been pretty famous. He doesn't give a name.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Return to Silent Hill 2