iripa

About blue gem and ufo ending...

Post by iripa on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Hello everyone.
I'm playing the silent hill games once again. This time trying to accomplish everything possible.
I'm having problems with the blue gem in silent hill 2.
I already have it in my inventory, and have read all the places where you have to use it. But I can't find any in game clue as to where this places are. So, is it impossible to find this spots without the help of a guide/manual?? There's no memo or dialogue that let me know?? I can't believe that you have to try the gem every 5 seconds in every possible place in the game to actually find the answer. So please, if anyone can tell me how I'm supposed to find this places let me know.
Also read that to accomplish the ufo ending you can't take any damage. Is it true?
Thanks

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Greetings and Salutations iripa.

To get the UFO ending after 1st passing the game, start a new one and look for a blue gem and use them in these places...

The Brookhaven Garden after fighting the hanging men, Infront of the row boat on the dock after exiting the meat locker, In Room 312 before you watch the tape.

A black and white scene film will come out about James, Harry and ALIENS!!!!

This scene ending thing is only available on the XBox and Greatest Hits versions.

firecrest

Post by firecrest on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:57 pm

If I understand correctly, iripa is asking how players are supposed to figure this out on their own.

Players can get information on the requirements through wikis or GameFAQs and such, but few people have figured how to achieve the UFO ending on their own.

citchmook

Post by citchmook on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:26 pm

I as well have always wondered how one is supposed to figure this out, I've never really dug deep into this part of the game...when I accomplished the ending back in the early 2000's I just used a guide to find the locations. It seems quite ridiculous but there are probably some 'hint' markers or something. I may go back and play, see what i can discover.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:28 am

The only way to know is by the guide. This game was released during a time when Ganesh guides were common place. The internet has taken the place of game guides nowadays.

Return to Silent Hill 2