Giromancy

SH1 Buildings 3D Models (.obj) download

Post by Giromancy on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi everyone, i started to make each building from SH1 with C3D in .OBJ format and upload it in Sketchfab for anyone who wants to use it. Every model was made using the original textures from the game in .png format. You can also export each model into Unity 3D or any graphic engine compatible with .obj.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

If you want to use these models in any graphic engine or other program, make sure to check the filter mode of the texture in: Nearest mode (Not Bilinear or Trilinear) this is going to make the texture looks pixelated exactly like in PSX. In Unity 3D this filter is called: Point. There are a few models that uses transparency like the Cafe 5to2, make sure to check that also in order to see the textures correctly. In Unity 3D select the texture and in the Inspector menu select the shader: Transparent: Cutout/Diffuse". I also disable the Generate Mip Maps option, this is to prevent the texture gets blurry at the distance, but that's optional.

DOWNLOAD LIST:
https://sketchfab.com/Giromancy

Im thinking to add the sidewalks in every model, this would make things easier for you to connect each building next to each other. What do you think?

By the moment i just uploaded 8 models, but i will constantly update it with new buildings, so stay tuned.
==================================
Image Image Image

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Thank you very much, Giromancy. I was hoping you'd visit the forum someday and this is really a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to seeing more amazing stuff from you.

Akaboci_94

Post by Akaboci_94 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Good collection, thanks.

smoke

Post by smoke on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:54 pm

I love how all the buildings in Silent Hill look so gritty. Like they haven't been washed in years.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:22 pm

New building added to the list:

LINK: https://sketchfab.com/models/54bb9681da ... 978b4e460f
Image Image Image

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 am

Beautiful, I love it

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:24 am

By the way, I like the idea of sidewalks being attached to buildings. Anyway, it's not too hard to detach them in 3DS max so please do whatever feels comfortable for you. I hope to see the whole set of locations exactly as in original game someday. You are our hero, man. When I get rich, I will gladly support the efforts you do for us.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:37 am

Johnny_Doe wrote:By the way, I like the idea of sidewalks being attached to buildings. Anyway, it's not too hard to detach them in 3DS max so please do whatever feels comfortable for you.

Ok, just give me some time to update the models that i've already uploaded in Sketchfab.

New building: Food and Liquor
LINK: https://sketchfab.com/models/0fcc3e9e55 ... 5ea3806fc2

Next model will be available with sidewalks attached.
Keep in mind that models with sidewalks will have two separate textures instead of a single one.

Btw, can anybody move this thread to the ¨Silent Hill1 Modding¨ or ¨Silent Hill Fan Works¨ forum please?.
Guess this thread fits better there.
Image Image Image

DipDop

Post by DipDop on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Very nice!

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi there. I was wondering if there are any new models to come. Please don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all the hard work you've done so far and I know it takes a lot of time and effort. I'm just really excited about the whole thing and looking forward to see how far it will go. Thanks again for sharing.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Johnny_Doe wrote:Hi there. I was wondering if there are any new models to come. Please don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all the hard work you've done so far and I know it takes a lot of time and effort. I'm just really excited about the whole thing and looking forward to see how far it will go. Thanks again for sharing.

Hi Johnny, i'm glad that you are interested and appreciate my work, i'm still working on this so don't worry, there are a lot of models to come yet, just keep in mind that i'm trying to work on this in my free time, i have some other things atm to care in my personal life that are more important, beyond that, like i said, i'm still working on this, so stay tuned for more updates soon!. :)
Image Image Image

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Hello, Giromancy, thank you for answering. I'm happy to know that everything is being worked on. Making models in my free time is what I do too, so I understand your point. Hope to see something new from you someday.You keep this community alive. Good luck and take care.

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Hello, Giromancy, how are you? It's been a while and I was wondering if there would be anything new from you. It's ok if you are too busy to do something new, I'm just curious, please don't take me wrong.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:30 am

New building:

LINK: https://skfb.ly/67SDU
Image Image Image

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Sun May 07, 2017 4:48 pm

Thank you so much for keeping it alive, Giromancy, I really appreciate that.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Sun May 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Alchemilla Hospital added to the list:

These screens were made using Vray Rendering software
LINK: https://skfb.ly/6qJEX

Image Image Image

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Tue May 16, 2017 5:00 am

I'm speechless. It's really beautiful. Thank you so much man.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Post by PinentidHead on Tue May 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Thanks! I'd have a look at Unity, thinking about doing something, but I find it too heavy, need a gamer machine really. Maybe I will be back to Flash, and visit your profile on Sketchfab...

LisaGarland

Post by LisaGarland on Wed May 17, 2017 6:07 am

These are amazing Giromancy.
I've recently discovered your great work on Youtube and have seen a few of your models on here in the past.

I myself am making my own SH project using the Tomb Raider game engine (strange choice I know, but its quite user friendly and easy to use)

I was wondering.. Did you extract these models from SH1 itself - or did you make them from scratch in 3D, then apply the original game textures to it?
I'm looking for a model viewer or level extractor for SH1 but haven't had much luck. I managed to extract all the data (TIM files etc) from my SH1 disc - but I can't seem to find a 3D program to open them in :(

Seeing SH1 without fog is a great help - as so far, I've only been taking screenshots from the game, but as its all foggy, it makes it hard to see any detail, especially buildings which are tall or large - they fade off into the fog.

EDIT: OK, so I followed what you did - I used Line Mode in epsxe and had a look around.

One thing I noticed, for example in the Police Station, is the outdoor and indoor rooms do not match.
Outside, the front door is 2 blocks high (2 meters) yet when you go inside, the door changes to 3 blocks high!
The same went for Alchemilla - I stood in the Lobby and looked at the height of the blocks in relation to Harry's head. Then went outside, and it was different again - I know the hospital has steps upto the front door, so maybe this is why?

So, if I was making a level/model with both the outside yard and inside lobby being accessable (the door can be opened) - how can I make sure the blocks similar to SH1?
"I won't tell a soul. Promise. So please...."

neobahamut01

Post by neobahamut01 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:40 am

Hey been following for a while!
Me and some friends are putting together some VR experiences with some older video games. We'd love to speak with ya!

Next

Return to Silent Hill