BrYaN55

That was probably dope in the bottle (fully voiced?).

Post by BrYaN55 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi guys, first post here!

I think that I have found something really cool, but I have to ask a question first.

In the scene with Kaufmann, when Harry finds out about the drug racket, the scene is completely voiced until the last few sentences:

That guy's gotta be involved in the local drug racket.
Man, was he pissed. And in such a rush too.
That was probably dope in the bottle.
Anyway, better let him do as he pleases. There's more than my life at stake.

I have checked with the japanese and PAL versions, and those lines are only subbed, not voiced.

My question is; Is there any version or demo where Harry speak those lines? Or are the voice clips somewhere on the disk?

It might sound like a weird question, but I have to know because I have found a fully voiced scene and I wonder if that would be something new to the community?

Silent Wanderer

Children of the Korn

Post by Silent Wanderer on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:42 am

Hm... It was always my impression that was just Harry thinking to himself after the fact. I doubt spoken lines exist. And if they did, I'm not sure I see why they would hide them. The comment is there anyway...

So, yeah, never really wondered about this...

BrYaN55

Post by BrYaN55 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:52 am

A year ago, I was able to get my hands on the Trade Demo for Silent Hill. I played the game thoroughly to find any differences with the final version. I was surprised to find out that the scene is completely voiced. Here's a video I made for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7VnWaju-TY

Silent Wanderer

Children of the Korn

Post by Silent Wanderer on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:17 am

OK, wait a sec. You confused me there. You already knew that it was voiced in the demo. Why ask then? You already knew it exists somewhere. As I said, I never thought it was that important and I never completed (Later Edit:) the commonly found Demo versions (JAP, PAL) as I'd read they are basically the same as the final version. Only played up to the clocktower at the school and never got back to them.

Thinking it to himself or thinking/commenting out loud makes no difference to me, as there's noone there to hear it or direct it to.

Cool find, though... Don't recall seeing this anywhere. Not that I look that much. :P

Still, by judging from the findings of others who look into textures and stuff I think there are generally things that are stored on the commercial discs but unused or hidden, so it's not totally unlikely.
Last edited by Silent Wanderer on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:14 pm.

BrYaN55

Post by BrYaN55 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:34 am

I asked because I wasn't sure if this was something new or old. I've been a long time reader on your forums, and I saw some pretty indepth covering for various demos (walk through walls, hidden stuff on CD), so I didn't want to assume what I found was new :)

Silent Wanderer

Children of the Korn

Post by Silent Wanderer on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:38 am

Oh, OK. Fair enough. I'd wait for someone with more insight. Maybe they have some knowledge on whether this has surfaced before or not.

antlers2012

Post by antlers2012 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:42 pm

Well that voice clip was on Silent Hill X media. I believe all the voice clips on there were ripped from the original disc.

http://www.silenthillmedia.net/sh1/audi ... Pissed.mp3

That's the clip and when Harry says that line it's much clearer (less "thinking to himself-y")

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:56 pm

I made a thread here about this a long ago, here is the link:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=436297

Besides the audio for Kaufmann and Harry cutscene in the motel, there are also audios for the fire article that you find in Nowhere (3F).

In the PAL & NTSC/J retail games when you find this article at the end of the game, Harry says some lines about this. He is thinking to himself, so there are no voice, just text, but you can find these audios if you explore the cd audio files, so it looks that in some early development, the developers had in mind to make these lines fully voiced.

Here are the audio samples:

http://yourlisten.com/Giromancy/hill584

This is the next line after reading the fire article:
http://yourlisten.com/Giromancy/hill583

Btw, i have a question, someone knows if the Fire Article has been restored or fixed in the NTSC Greatest Hits version?
==================================
Image Image Image
==================================

Return to Silent Hill