nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:33 am

Some images from the demo version, several things were changed before the final game.

"Opening" takes you to just the beginning up to the cafe, and "Battle" is part of the alternate Midwich school level, but it ends when you get a lobby key and try to leave.

More screens and scans here:
http://alchemillahospital.net/sh1-demo-disc/
ImageImageImage

reflect_eternal

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by reflect_eternal on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:43 pm

the second picture in the book reminds me of pulp fiction lol

The first thing I ever saw from silent hill was a video of beta gameplay featured in a demo(don't remember which one). Then I played the demo of silent hill that came with a playstation magazine. I dunno if it's this one. I remember that you start in the school and instead of having a radio you hear that track of when you first encounter the demon children.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by nur_ein_tier on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:59 pm

yeah, i think that's why they took it out.

I have 2 SH1 demos, a PAL and an NTSC. The PAL one came with Metal Gear Solid. Got the other on ebay.

"Battle Mode" is where you start in the school.

More differences:
* The game opens with the choice of "Opening" or "Battle" mode. Opening is Harry waking up in the car, going to the alley, waking up in the cafe, and meeting Cybil. Battle is a modified version of alternate Midwich Elementary. The Battle Mode ends after Harry finds the Lobby Key in the Locker Room and uses it to attempt to leave the building. Both scenarios end with a "Coming Soon" image, either of Dahlia or a body in the schoo.
* Hell Station, labeled as simply "Gas Station" in the final game, is labeled "Super Tuesday."
* "Boston Market" had not yet been changed to "Poston Market."
* A garage door has "STOP" written in blood on it.
* Police cars say "Buffalo Police - Traffic Div."Later versions just say "Police."
* Instead of "Horned Moon Dance," the same store is called "Hand Drawn Ales."
* In the NTSC version, the game opens with a note that the final version will be for mature audiences, but the demo is for general audiences. The blood in this version is green. The PAL version lacks this paragraph, and has red blood.
* All demo versions have mumblers. They were replaced with clawfingers in the later PAL versions.
* All versions start with "You will encounter a wall of darkness, and the wrath of the underworld. These will help you."[46]
* One of the books with clues regarding the Clock Tower has different pictures in it.The list of teachers is missing from the demo version, also.
* "Konami Berger" became "Konami Burger."
* Some areas, such as the stairs, are blocked off.

Some pics of the differences:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbz1XBKTSKw
ImageImageImage

Averak

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by Averak on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:09 pm

My fansite has an actual easter egg. In the hidden page you can find the pic of the book you find in the reception desk in the Midwich Elementary School (the one "written in blood"). But in the trial versión of Silent Hill the book has a different image. There's no need for a description of the characters depicted there:

In the book, I could not find any reference about the upper image. Some people say It's Butch from Pulp Fiction but I seriously doubt it.

For obvious reasons I can't tell you where the easter egg is located in my fansite, Although many people found it in different ways
Image<<-Click

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:54 pm

The demo version differences are discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=431602

I always thought the top one was supposed to be whatshisname in Natural Born Killers, with his sunglasses on his head.

Giromancy wrote:The PEPSI brand also appears in the game:

Yes, the Pepsi one is on the last page.
ImageImageImage

Giromancy

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by Giromancy on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:56 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:I always thought the top one was supposed to be whatshisname in Natural Born Killers, with his sunglasses on his head.

It looks like HELLBOY too, but the first movie was made on 2004, so it´s impossible

==================================
Image Image Image

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by nur_ein_tier on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:44 am

This was always my first thought, but I can't find an image that looks exact:
I don't know.

I'm trying to make more detailed lists of the demos and trailers and stuff,but it's slow going. PSU screen:
ImageImageImage

Mercury

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by Mercury on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Haha, I like the original book but the final makes a lot more sense considering it's found inside of a school. It'd be fun to plug some of the demo textures into the final game and see how different it all looks.
ya fuckin rite

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by nur_ein_tier on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Mercury wrote: It'd be fun to plug some of the demo textures into the final game and see how different it all looks.

Already started doing this:
http://alchemillahospital.net/sh1-chang ... the-altar/
http://alchemillahospital.net/sh1-chang ... on-market/
http://alchemillahospital.net/sh1-chang ... rawn-ales/

Working on more detailed comparisons of various demo versions at the moment, also.
ImageImageImage

Mercury

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by Mercury on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:33 pm

That's awesome! It's really peculiar that the seal was originally going to be a part of the altar. I wonder if that would have changed the significance of it outside of being used to create a spell of annihilation.
ya fuckin rite

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:34 am

Yeah, I think Gyromancy pposted a magazine scan of that one time (beta versions thread here), but I wanted to see what it would look like in a screen taken with the emulator, better quality you know. And yeah, the idea of the seal on the cloth is intriguing. I actually have a bunch of this shit I am doing for SH1 right now, for some reason, but nothing else is ready to post. Working with PSicture and TIMViewer, as well as photoshop and a few versions of the demo.
ImageImageImage

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Working on a comparison post on my site with images capped/ripped from the earliest available sh1 demo (other than press discs, etc), the PSM #16 demo disc. Here's a few interesting images:
"map of neighborhood," "Wrightwood" and Stanley and Pullman Streets.

N00dz? In my SH1? It's more likely than you think!
REVEAL SPOILER
one of the many bizarre placeholder images that were eventually removed.

ImageImageImage

Giromancy

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by Giromancy on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:45 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:Working on a comparison post on my site with images capped/ripped from the earliest available sh1 demo (other than press discs, etc), the PSM #16 demo disc. Here's a few interesting images:

If you're interested, I made a complete analysis of this CD on my website. here´s the link:

https://sites.google.com/site/shresort/sh-demo-official-u-s-playstation-magazine-16

I also did a thread on the silent Heaven Forums about this cd and other stuff about beta version:
http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23650

Regards ;)
Image Image Image

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

SH1 Demo Disc

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks. I already just did a complete one of that, and working on the other demos with comparisons. I had pages on the demos on my site, but they were kind of messy. I wanted to upload all the hidden images, also.

I had a "hidden images" page on my site before, but I wanted to do each disc separately with screencaps, disc images, comparisons, etc. I didn't remember seeing the naked ladies image anywhere before.

I was going to make videos, but I see that you already did that, so I will just link to yours and your site. ^_^

I tried downloading a demo from that rkbstudio site once, but I couldn't get the passwords to work.
ImageImageImage

Return to Silent Hill